Taco Bell to introduce Doritos taco shell

TSAoDTSAoD Regular
edited May 2011 in Life
officialdoritostacoshel.jpg
According to several reports, it appears that Taco Bell has begun testing Doritos Locos Tacos, a new menu item that places the familiar Taco Bell ingredients into a shell made entirely of Nacho Cheese Doritos. A YouTube video dated back to July 14 of 2010 reveals that this product isn’t necessarily new, but seems to be still going through test markets for proper research.

No indication has been made that this will be a nationally available menu item, but the idea behind the proves to be an interesting one for fans of both Doritos and Taco Bell.
http://foodbeast.com/content/2011/04/08/taco-bell-testing-shells-made-of-nacho-cheese-doritos/

This is gonna be the next innovation in food. I'd buy like 80 of them if I were drunk/high.

Comments

• blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited April 2011
    well that;s just a heart attack waiting to happen
  • edited April 2011
    Looks fucking incredible to me, and I'd buy them out of stock in a few minutes! Fuck!
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    We don't have Taco Bell here :(
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    We don't have Taco Bell here :(

Dude, there's like tons of them, usually sharing a building or mall slot with KFC, if you want to eat really shitty food you have to come out to the burbs more often.

This sounds like nasty goodness, and I will try one if it makes it here. Taco Bell only tastes good to me when I'm really hammered, and always gives me gut rot. I had a 7 layer burrito once and it was like eating a tube of taco flavored toothpaste.

C/O
    "Uncle Taco?, is that you?"
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Dude, there's like tons of them, usually sharing a building or mall slot with KFC, if you want to eat really shitty food you have to come out to the burbs more often.

Yeh I'm not gonna drive an hour for Taco Bell :p
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    Taco Bell's tacos are full of fail. They always short me on the meat. There's better places out there to get Americanized Mexican food from.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Never eaten a Taco :(.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Never eaten a Taco :(.

Then whatever you do, don't make Cock 'O Smell er Taco Bell your first time.
  • edited April 2011
    Wasn't there a story recently about them not having enough beef in their beef tacos to call them beef anymore or something? coulda sworn I saw that somewhere...

@ DFG--- If you end up getting to have one at a chain TB is a shitty spot to go; uhhhh the Chipotle chain was pretty good, although I only had it once when I was visiting a buddy in Toronto..

Also, I fail to see how it would affect the taco at all; all I can taste in their food is either the filling or the sour cream or whatever... In their case I'm guessing it's extra sour ;)
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    didnt they already have that one burrito with chips in it? it was nasty. got soggy. needless to say, i wont try this.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    I won't eat taco bell. I worked there when I was in high school, and ate there almost daily when I smoked a lot of weed.

I ate there last August for the first time in 4 years and got food poisoning. Fuck that nasty ass place.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, Taco Bell is fucking gross. This Dorito thing looks like something that seems like a good idea, but then you try it and it really doesn't work. I'll wait for a proper review though since I won't be trying it myself.
  • edited May 2011
    I'd eat at Taco Bell if the beef in their tacos was actually beef.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited May 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    officialdoritostacoshel.jpg

http://foodbeast.com/content/2011/04/08/taco-bell-testing-shells-made-of-nacho-cheese-doritos/

This is gonna be the next innovation in food. I'd buy like 80 of them if I were drunk/high.

this picture looks outdated. Also im not a fan of Taco Bell
  • edited May 2011
    this picture looks outdated. Also im not a fan of Taco Bell

...just like neckloads of Sterlings
    Suede-fronts, bell-bottoms, and tri-colored Shearlings.