Totse is going to beat this internet shitwave

Everyone's been complaining that the internet just isn't the same any more, especially with the increasing popularity of social networking websites. You're hard pressed to find any place like Totse any more, and it's even harder to populate these places with people who still think like the majority of us were thinking back in 07, when the internet was awesome.

I honestly think that Totse will turn this all around. We're a pretty unique place, and we're definitely making an impact as we're heading in the right direction. Give it a while - Totse will once again be the beast that it once was, modernized and filled to the brim with incredible information and lulz. You'll see :D

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I agree with that but it will take some time. As the year progresses out graph will only climb higher, provided we don't fuck up. (We as a community not as a single user)

EDIT: Sleep.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    The information potential will never be reached unless the LULz are actually funny and not grade school poop humor like it is now.
  • edited April 2011
    The information potential will never be reached unless the LULz are actually funny and not grade school poop humor like it is now.

Don't you worry broseph, the quality of information and lulz will be that of an incredibly high grade. We're not stopping until this shit happens, and even then, we're not stopping. I'm extremely dedicated, and Totse is fun. This is like a massive side-project for me, to be honest. I go out during the day and do my IRL shit, and then come home to Totse and try to build on it even more by posting, contributing and promoting. Sometimes I even mix IRL and Totse together, promoting and contributing during my daily life.

I'm rambling now, but hold tight. Totse WILL deliver, and I make it my personal mission to help provide this deliverance.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011

LOL you said "poop"

Seriously though, this place will get there. It is taking a while but before you know it we will be the monstrosity we once were and it will all happen because of the commitment of members like trx.
  • edited April 2011
    LOL you said "poop"

Seriously though, this place will get there. It is taking a while but before you know it we will be the monstrosity we once were and it will all happen because of the commitment of members like trx.

To be honest, I have no idea what gets me so fucking pumped up for this sort of thing. It's not my first time I've been on a dedication streak (although this IS my longest and most successful one, for sure). It happened with various other sites which I've been a part of, and built from scratch with a few friends. They went bust though, they didn't have anything special to offer. Totse is different, and I'm so glad I jumped on this bandwagon when it was only just starting up. Big ups to ILTST9 for telling me about this place, while I'm at it!

Fuck, it feels good to be part of something. I'm helping build something which could potentially be epic! It's a massive rush for me, I love it. Reminds me of the feeling I used to get when I was a 13 year old posting on Rotteneggs, hiding the website from my parents when they'd come in the room. Fuck. FUCK! I'm tripping on good vibes right now.

Lets do this shit.
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    We're going straight to the top, I'm pretty damn dedicated to this site's cause too. There isn't another active site left in the internet like it.
    Fuck, it feels good to be part of something. I'm helping build something which could potentially be epic! It's a massive rush for me, I love it. Reminds me of the feeling I used to get when I was a 13 year old posting on Rotteneggs, hiding the website from my parents when they'd come in the room. Fuck. FUCK! I'm tripping on good vibes right now.

Those were the good old days, I did that too back then. Nowadays whenever my parents come in and I'm on a site like Totse though I just leave it up, I don't care anymore and neither do they.
  • edited April 2011
    ^ I tend to hide it from family members, as they're the type of people to ask a LOT of questions about it. Sucks really, but I leave it open for everyone else to see :D
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011
    When I was living with my family I did not have to hide Totse, in fact they supported my promotional endeavors. Now I live with Username's family and I don't think they would like Totse at all. I don't want to or like to hide this community in a closet like a secret bong or my old napalm jar but for now I must. Im not ashamed, I just have to be careful or I might catch hell.:(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Man I miss those vibes. I was an adventurous 15 year old when I found &T and am now a cynical, chain-joint smoking bastard who wishes to train hordes of kids to go around vandalising billboards and using Zuckerberg as bog roll.
    I know exactly what you mean about the Internet not being the same. I hate to use it as an example, but /b/ is funny to watch get infected with cencer threads such as Pony and other crappy threads which have some kind of links to social networking.
    Seriously though. I feel half the Internet should be wiped out. Reminds me of this...
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    fuck the internet

im going home
  • edited April 2011
    What pisses me off is 90% of sites these days encourage you to 'log in with Facebook' or link your FB account in some way. Why the fuck do I want to link my Photobucket account to Facebook, or God forbid, log into Totse through Facebook. :facepalm:

The internet should've 'frozen' the way it was in late 2006/early 2007. It was perfect then, when everyone was using social networking sites, but not to the point it is today when the entire world seems to revolve around them like a supermassive black hole at the centre of the digital galaxy.
  • edited April 2011
    What pisses me off is 90% of sites these days encourage you to 'log in with Facebook' or link your FB account in some way. Why the fuck do I want to link my Photobucket account to Facebook, or God forbid, log into Totse through Facebook. :facepalm:

The internet should've 'frozen' the way it was in late 2006/early 2007. It was perfect then, when everyone was using social networking sites, but not to the point it is today when the entire world seems to revolve around them like a supermassive black hole at the centre of the digital galaxy.

I couldn't agree more. Hopefully, Totse will NEVER have the functionality to allow people to log in with Facebook. I support all the advertising through social media but that's just a step too far in the wrong direction. Fuck Facebook.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Fuck facebook. We're only using social media because we need to get word out. I wouldn't want FB near Totse in any case.
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    We should turn Totse in to a social networking site for people in to bestiality. We'd overtake Facebook in no time!
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Aye, the internet has changed alot, where everything is much more integrated that it used to be. People need to remember that the good old forum board is still a great place to be, and personally a better alternative that a social networking site.

I think that Totse is so successful is because we are all on the same wavelength. No pretense, no holding back, we can say whatever we like and people wont bat an eyelid. e.g I could say I had sex with a dog, and totse would say "oh yeah, did the dog enjoy it?". You couldnt do that anywhere else lol (by the way, I didnt, that was just an example).

And no Facebook either!
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited April 2011
    The greatest thing about totse is the free speech. Yeah, blah blah blah, threads get moved, moderated and whatever else, but I mean, there is no other website like this. For me, totse is all about Bad Ideas, it's the reason I came here in the first place. But it doesn't stop there. On what other website could you post something completely illegal, unconstitutional, unnatural, and then expect to have a real, intelligent conversation about it?

trx, you've got me all pumped up about it now!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    The greatest thing about totse is the free speech. Yeah, blah blah blah, threads get moved, moderated and whatever else, but I mean, there is no other website like this. For me, totse is all about Bad Ideas, it's the reason I came here in the first place. But it doesn't stop there. On what other website could you post something completely illegal, unconstitutional, unnatural, and then expect to have a real, intelligent conversation about it?

trx, you've got me all pumped up about it now!

Now if we could increase the number of new members with guys like this we have chance. But the way I see it, currently the ratio of those who are here to contribute vs those who are here for their own petty amusement without regard to how it affects the quality of the community is suffering from a detrimental deficit.

TN, I have not really noticed much from you TBH but if this post is a true indication of your overall approach to your involvement in the community I am damn glad you found the place.
  • JeuxJeux Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    I had to hide Totse from my kids , I wrote too much shit about them on there .:facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Jeux wrote: »
    I had to hide Totse from my kids , I wrote too much shit about them on there .:facepalm:

Do what I do, write a fictional story.