On line Courses

JeuxJeux Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Life
I'm looking at doing an on line college course on Proofreading and Copyediting .

Has anyone had any experience with doing on line courses ( with reputable , accredited colleges or universities) ??

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited April 2011
    Jeux wrote: »
    I'm looking at doing an on line college course on Proofreading and Copyediting .

Has anyone had any experience with doing on line courses ( with reputable , accredited colleges or universities) ??

Online.

You're going to fail proofreading and copy editing.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    We have Virtual University here. But I never tried it. Make sure you read up on their history before committing.
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    I did all my courses online for two years. It's probably a lot different from what I had, you being at a college level, and me being at a grade school level however. Make sure you do your research on the online school. Some are good, some aren't so good. Research everything you can about it.
  • JeuxJeux Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Online.

You're going to fail proofreading and copy editing.
    Ha ! yeah !
    Not to worry I don't put much thought into what I type on here , besides , in my days of schooling we never had computers or the internet . So " on line - online " is a relatively new term for me ( past 12 years or so lol ).

I would also look at taking a course in Professional Grammar and Punctuation.

For starters anyway .
  • JeuxJeux Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for all comments and advice given , will definitely do my homework and check it all out thoroughly .
  • JeuxJeux Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    Proof Reading and copy editing.........dots.....useless, we are talking here about exposing the truth not proof reading and copy editing...that's just like spending time from your life to do what machines should do instead and you are not a machine.

What truth am I exposing? :confused: I'm just looking for a cruisey job , I like picking up mistakes and I like reading ...sounds good to me.

They are right you know Nick , that avatar is rather gay .:D
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    The high school I attended offered college online courses. I took one course [pre-calc] for 6 months and got the credits and a B. It's all about timing.

All of the lessons had a time limit on them and once watched, would expire. I used a screen recorder (screenflow, the equivalent of Camtasia). The quizzes and tests also had a time limit on them.

It's really not that hard but it's a pain to do in the comfort of your home. I would get all fidgety, start fapping half way through the lesson, etc...
  • JeuxJeux Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    Are you calling gay the Saint ?:facepalm:

The who the what?:eek:
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    Jeux can practice proofreading by fixing all of Nick's posts.
    Goddamn broken english :mad:.

Cultural learnings of totse for make benefit english comprehension.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited April 2011
    Unless it's from a real "bricks and mortor" university, avoid it.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    If you know the school has good education at their campus, online courses are great; you can do them at your own home. Make sure you are on top of what you are doing in your courses. That's all there is to it :)