Switching from Codeine to DHC

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited April 2011 in Man Cave
Hai guise,
Got a Docs appointment tomorrow where I will be reviewing my painkillers for my Chronic illness. In short, I pretty much manage them myself and this is a twice a year check up. Anyway, after not having painkillers one night when I went for a walk, I was given 30mg DHC by a girl who also has the same medical condition, and it did the job perfectly. Codeine just gives me a bodyfuck buzz, and the paracetamol (Solpadol - 30mg Codeine, 500mg Paracetamol prescription) is fucking with my liver, not least with drinking and blood test results.

How the fuck would I even go around getting this better, more precise painkiller to replace my headfuck ones which have already cunted me up over the past 5 years without sounding like a desperate junkie? 5 years is long enough, so this is me trying to wind it down before I become a drug-addled Adult.

Comments

• KraneKrane Regular
    edited April 2011
    It's exactly the same effect, DHC is just twich as potent.

20mg of DHC is equivalent to 40mg of Codeine, etc..
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Maybe you should put some big boy pants on and tough it out without painkillers.

In that case I'll be in bed 24/7 trying to top myself again. I'll like to live until my forecast age in a semi-decent way thx.

And yeah I know it's that way, but it did the job and there's no paracetamol in the pills, unlike the Solpadol ones I have now, and last blood tests results show they are raping my liver due to a recent and continuing flare up.
  • edited April 2011
    Complain about the stuff, and talk about how you want a painkiller without acetaminophen or the shitty side effects of codeine. Tell him that your liver tests are showing bad results, that you're concerned with your health and that you need something without acetaminophen.

Don't say you want a stronger one or anything like that. Just complain and tell the doctor what you told us (Minus the bit about having taken those pills that were given to you by that girl.). Emphasize your liver issues.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I managed to get it, but he made me feel a bit of a dick...which admittedly I was, but alas, feeling much better. Now to get over this Tramadol physical addiction. I get mad migranes whenever I don't have it after 24-36hrs. I hate taking it but it's the only thing that gets rid/soothes the painful-as-fuck ache.