I need to get rid of/reduce a cold sore in 36 hours

street carpstreet carp Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Life
This is a repost from another forum but this is urgent so I'd be extremely appreciative if someone could help me:

Need your help guys I'm having a party on friday night and I'm just starting to feel the tingle of a cold sore on my upper lip. Shit's fucking typical but I'm not hosting a party with oozing, crusty herpes on my face. I've Google searched and the two most dicussed methods of reducing them quickly seem to be cold compresses and hot teabags applied to the sore.

They're both drastically different treatments so realistically I only have time to use one or the other (or something else even more effective). Does anyone have any experience with getting rid of them or at least making them look less disgusting in a short space of time? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    Stop fucking so many guys.
  • street carpstreet carp Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Stop fucking so many guys.

Wow, why don't you go fuck yourself with a broom handle. And gtfo of my thread while you're at it.
    edited April 2011
    At least I don't have herpes. :o
    edited April 2011
    At least I don't have herpes. :o

No, you're just an unmitigated faggot.
    edited April 2011
    No one will give a shit if you have a cold sore. But to answer your question, go to the drug store, like Walgreens, and look at their cold sore stuff. If you can't find it, ask one of the pharmacist there. That shit will take care of it in a few days, it will make it less noticeable by friday.
    You are right, but to be honest with you I'm rather vain and I'd feel a hell of a lot better without an STD on my mouth.

I've suffered with them in the past and I've found that ointments take about 4-5 days to work. That's why I'm asking here for people's homely remedies.
    edited April 2011
    You should really gain some self-respect, and stop being such a butthurt cum-dumpster.
    edited April 2011
    You should really gain some self-respect, and stop being such a butthurt cum-dumpster.
    That's rich coming from the guy who's idea of fun is derailing legitimate threads.

What. A. Cunt.
    edited April 2011
    That's rich coming from the guy who's idea of fun is derailing legitimate threads.

What. A. Cunt.

Speaking of cunts, How is that STD infested trap between your legs?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I don't recall having cold sores.

If you really must try a concealer (makeup) and use some ointment. Avoid trying something you read on forums. It's best to take this easy. And have some self respect and confidence. Accept yourself and just ride along.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd do both, as well as an OTC topical treatment. The cold compresses seem to work because the area is chilled for 'x' time. After x time is over, the affected area returns to body temperature. If you supplement with the tea bag treatment, then non-x time will still remain at body temperature (I imagine a warm teabag is around 98 degrees F). Then you can apply the OTC treatment before you go to sleep - a time during which you'd be unable to use the ice and teabag treatments.

I imagine you should also treat it like most other viruses and drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest.
    edited April 2011
    Gallows wrote: »
    I'd do both, as well as an OTC topical treatment. The cold compresses seem to work because the area is chilled for 'x' time. After x time is over, the affected area returns to body temperature. If you supplement with the tea bag treatment, then non-x time will still remain at body temperature (I imagine a warm teabag is around 98 degrees F). Then you can apply the OTC treatment before you go to sleep - a time during which you'd be unable to use the ice and teabag treatments.

I imagine you should also treat it like most other viruses and drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest.

Even pretermitting caffeine for the next two days, this will be an issue for me.

Thanks for reasoning though.
  • xyzxyz New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    apply some Alum to your blister with a q-tip. should go away within 24 hours or so. reapply every couple of hours.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    burn that fucker off. So if anyone ask wtf happen to your lip you can say you were

fucking waisted and burn your lip trying to smoke a cig. Rather than have disgusting herpes

puss all over your lips/

And OP, i thought all you faggots have mouth herpes
  • Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Dear OP,

to try and prevent a repeat scenario, I encourage you to get a prescription for Valtrex, then sign up for bridges to access.

http://www.bridgestoaccess.com/what-is-bridges-to-access.html

It's a program for low income people to get free meds, like valtrex.

Go to a clinic, get a year supply prescription, sign up, problem solved. (as much as it can be, herpes ain't curable)
    edited April 2011
    this nigga stopped posting after he admitted he is a cock sucker
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Hemp oil. look up Rick Simpson. Cures all skin diseases, even 3rd degree burns in 3 days.
    edited April 2011