Why do we get high?

edited May 2011 in Man Cave
Why do the residents of Totse get high?

When I put myself under the influence of various chemicals and substances, it's because I enjoy the feeling. It's because it makes it easier to relax, and often to sleep.

What is your primary motivation in using drugs, drinking, etc?

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    to ignore all my bad feelings and turn them into good feelings
  • AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited April 2011
    Asking someone why they consume cannabis is like asking why they consume food. It's really just a natural thing to do.
  • edited April 2011
    Asking someone why they consume cannabis is like asking why they consume food. It's really just a natural thing to do.

Putting yourself into an altered state of mind without any reason whatsoever?

There has to be a reason.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
    Mostly self exploration, but also because I like the purty colors.
  • BlackTerritoryBlackTerritory New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Not that I smoke weed anymore, but I used to do it to experiment... it got quite boring so I stopped.
  • ThetakishiThetakishi Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    A plethora of reasons. Mostly to ease my anxiety, get some sleep, and also feel good - Body and mind wise.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited April 2011
    relieved anxiety and stress for me. made drinking and sex drinking better. I dont smoke much weed any more but those were the main reasons. and its a social thing. its hard to pass down free weed. I fucking hate talking to stoners and people that are high about religion. never fucking again. thats the only downside /rant
  • skrinkleskrinkle Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    When the police are examining a crime scene, they speak to any number of witnesses to get their perspective on what happend, to better understand the situation. Drugs alter my perspective on life, each one giving me a different view, to better understand the world around me.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Putting yourself into an altered state of mind without any reason whatsoever?

There has to be a reason.

Going for a jog can alter your consciousness. If you enjoy something--whether it changes your mood, your brain-state, or your physicality--why make it into something negative by saying "without any reason whatsoever"?

Everybody has limitations...and sometimes they are broken--for good or bad.
  • edited April 2011
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    Going for a jog can alter your consciousness. If you enjoy something--whether it changes your mood, your brain-state, or your physicality--why make it into something negative by saying "without any reason whatsoever"?

Everybody has limitations...and sometimes they are broken--for good or bad.

I'm not saying it's negative because he hasn't got a reason. I'm saying he has got a reason.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not saying it's negative because he hasn't got a reason. I'm saying he has got a reason.

Nahhh, I think he was just crystalizing your argument for ya.

As in: it's your body, do as you please so long as you're not hurting me; and in the case of pot, why ask...the reason that is.

For me in particular, I don't know how to exactly explain my 'use' exactly: it started out with curiousity as the motivating factor; from there it changed as I got older--I tried different things, and I actually was dependant on theganj crutch of sorts; but now, it's mostly for just relaxing.

The only other 'mind altering substance' I have any motivation to do right now is mushs, and that's an entirely different class all-together.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    skrinkle wrote: »
    When the police are examining a crime scene, they speak to any number of witnesses to get their perspective on what happend, to better understand the situation. Drugs alter my perspective on life, each one giving me a different view, to better understand the world around me.

Words spoken from a true hippie.:cool:

To be honest, I do what I do because it feels good. I work my ass off 50-60 hours a week, and when I get home I just want a few beers, a little xanax, and maybe just a little bit of some kind bud to go home to. I'm a family guy, and family guy's need time to relax too. (Those of you who have kids know what I'm talking about.);)
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    I'll have to break my down into 3 different reasons/phases...

Earlier Years.....just for the fun, buzz, escape and social interactions it provided. Also the hook/excuse to hang out and eventually score with women. ;)

Middle Years.....more for introspection and decision making. It helped me shed certain preconceived prejudices and biases...allowing me easier access and understanding to the bigger picture when I could take a different persepective on things after getting high. :eek:

Nowadays.... ever since I quit smoking cigarrettes a few years ago I need something to take the edge off while I mingle in a world made up of so many hypocrites, losers, liars, and idiots. :D
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited April 2011
    Smoking weed makes nearly everything more enjoyable. Alcohol is always fun at social events. Smoking cigarettes is relaxing and social, and it also helps pass time while doing manual labor. Speed is good for studying. Etc. Etc.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited April 2011
    To get closer to God.
  • mmmpatientmmmpatient Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    I find that drugs allow me to better craft my life experience. When I pop some Adderall I know that I will be focused and alert for the next 6-8 hours, when I smoke weed I know that I will get tired and be able to fall asleep easier etc... the list goes on.

Oh, and because who doesn't like to get high? We all have our vices.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited April 2011
    Everything is more fun. Airsoft/paintball is suddenly some serious fucking business, and thus require crazy stoner ninja moves.

Yesterday fishing turned into a fishingpole, airsoft gun and boat oar fight.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Oh man I miss Airsoft :D
    It's usually if I'm having a rough few days with my medical stuff. Don't religiously get up and get high or whatever. Sober now.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    There Tools, they all have positive uses in some form.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited April 2011
    I get high because it's fun and it helps ease boredom, make me more social and fun to be around. And it helps with stressing out about shit, you can get high and momentarily all your problems seem to disappear. I also use psychedelics to help me better understand myself and the world around me.

Drugs are tools to living in this world we live in. Without them I don't know what kinda person I would be.
  • wonT0nsOOpwonT0nsOOp Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I am a proponent of what is known as the Drive theory.

To spare the kidiots and fucktards of TOTSE the ridiculous psychobabble, We have SEX DRIVES (you know what that is) and HUNGER DRIVES.(Duh) I am a proponent of the theory that there is in fact another drive, a PSYHCHEDELIC drive, which encourages us to experiment with different chemicals in an attempt to attain different states of consciousness. basically, we feel as if we must experience everything that drugs can bring, we must find that one perfect state of euphoria, that one high, that will allow us to smile, and say, "This is me. This is my elixir of fucking life."