Girlfriend birthday

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Life
Ok so my Girl turns 22 in July, a few days before my birthday, actually. Anyway, I have known her for a good 5 years, but dated (ok started having awesome sex with her) since October-ish.
Absolutely love the girl, can easily see me living with her but wondering what to do for Birthday gifts. Something small and thoughtful? She isn't the materialistic type, a great stoner chick and is graduating from uni later this month.

Hmm. Anyone else in this predicament? Early days but y'know..

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Well if she don't care for the material things.... why don't you just git her sum pot? or paraphernalia :P
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Well if she don't care for the material things.... why don't you just git her sum pot? or paraphernalia :P

Probably could, but she doesn't smoke as half as much now. Don't get me wrong - there will be weed involved. She has loads of glassware but shall see.
    *thinks*
  • sidramalik100sidramalik100 Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    anything which you like i will prefer that gave her
    edited April 2011
    anything which you like i will prefer that gave her

jCy.jpg
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited April 2011
    I think that was supposed to mean 'you will prefer it more if you give her something you like', but I could be mistaken.

Jewellery can be nice, but it's expensive. Maybe some signed shit from one of her favourite bands? It's expensive too, but girls generally love that shit.
  • edited April 2011
    Small and thoughtful FTW. I prefer buying a few little things which actually mean something and have a purpose, rather than something big and clumsy, if that makes any sense.
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Small and thoughtful FTW. I prefer buying a few little things which actually mean something and have a purpose, rather than something big and clumsy, if that makes any sense.

Exactly this. I'm like a gift sniper, y'know. Fewer shots, more impact :p
    Seeing her briefly tonight so will do some delving/asking mates. Don't know if she's planning anything, either.
    Dating girls a year older FTW.
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't ask us what you should get your girl, if it's to really be special it should come from your own head. ;)
    edited April 2011
    Don't ask us what you should get your girl, if it's to really be special it should come from your own head. ;)

Agreed, but meh. Just thought I'd post this as both a significant other birthday discusion thread and if people posted some random crap of photos of things they like I might get some ideas :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Take her out, romantic dinner, a necklace and hot sex in the end. You can pitch in a movie if you want. (go for the romantic titles)
  • edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Take her out, romantic dinner, a necklace and hot sex in the end. You can pitch in a movie if you want. (go for the romantic titles)

A pearl necklace? :D
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Get her one of those cheesy dollar hallmark cards.
  • edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »

The rear end?
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited April 2011
    The rear end?

+ electric dildo .
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited May 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    + electric dildo .

= win birthday
    edited May 2011
    Heh, the amount of things here which she already has ;)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dont get her anything. If you do, you are only setting a precident for what amounts to little more than setting fire to piles of your own cash Christmas / Birthday / Valentines day / Sorry I run over your kitten etcetera.
  • OutbackOutback Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Dont get her anything. If you do, you are only setting a precident for what amounts to little more than setting fire to piles of your own cash Christmas / Birthday / Valentines day / Sorry I run over your kitten etcetera.

This, FFS, THIS!!!!!!!

Get something incredibly cheap, but really thoughtful so she doesn;t think your cheap.

I got a book of cards from my GF, things like "A night of watching what you want to watch" (On my TV, from my Couch, using my PayTV subscription). As well as a few naughty ones, what more could you really want? If all she is after is a bit of bling it's probably not worth it.