Facebook connect

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited April 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Why do we not have this yet? I'm betting it would bring in a lot of new members if all they had to do is hit "connect with facebook" or "connect with twitter".

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    OH HELLLLL NO MY NIGGA.

Hope you're trolling bro.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nope. Facebook Connect/Facebook is an Anti-Totse as it can go. Twitter actually has a better record of protecting users but there is no way in hell I am going to implement a third party solution that tracks users habits and locations. Facebook actually uses facebook connect to monitor users throughout the web. The log everything and once you fuck up they will hand over everything to the feds.

Each facebook enabled page actually notifies its main servers about which user visited which website. If you're using FF for Facebook and you use the same browser for Totse.info and on totse.info we have facebook connect code, they will get a notification about you visiting totse even though you didn't click anything.

Olus, VB4 already has Facebook connect option and it will be disabled before we even consider upgrading.

In short, twitter and facebook are good tool to get our words out but they're a MAJOR security risk for users on Totse.info. We don't want facebook finding out that Dfg belongs to James Potter on facebook etc.

I do advertise and link my account to twitter but they don't get my IPs from Totse.info. Facebook can do that.

So, again in short. Negative.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited April 2011
    No way. Too big of a security risk for the kind of website this is.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited April 2011
    Nice rant, Dfg. Didn't realize we were on completely private servers, with private DNS, a URL linked to nobody, and magically encrypted SQL servers. I noticed you require email addresses to register. I'm pretty sure the email provider can give up information just as easily. Guess what else! [IP: Logged]. By not giving up the IP of whatever user the 'feds' are looking for it's OBSTRUCTION and totse.info can be shut down for it. JEFF HUNTER gave up members' information if it was damaging to the site, so don't give me this bullshit that it's "against totse way" to make things easier for new members. You may as well close new user registration, because you never know which new member is a cop. While your at it, lock the board to anyone that isn't a member.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    *insert Dfg's comment here word for word*
    edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    *insert Dfg's comment here word for word*

Awesome reading skills. Have fun being sold out by the sand nigger with the power trip.
  • NickNick Locked
    edited April 2011
    Nice rant, Dfg. Didn't realize we were on completely private servers, with private DNS, a URL linked to nobody, and magically encrypted SQL servers. I noticed you require email addresses to register. I'm pretty sure the email provider can give up information just as easily. Guess what else! [IP: Logged]. By not giving up the IP of whatever user the 'feds' are looking for it's OBSTRUCTION and totse.info can be shut down for it. JEFF HUNTER gave up members' information if it was damaging to the site, so don't give me this bullshit that it's "against totse way" to make things easier for new members. You may as well close new user registration, because you never know which new member is a cop. While your at it, lock the board to anyone that isn't a member.

That :) I voted yes for the connection.:) and also from the minute you open a video on youtube that is as link here, or just a link to somewhere from here..the ip is logged there at the destination so one more reason for the bullshit Dfg just said, google tracks everybody through everything......

not only facebook or other future sites...everything is being tracked and filed...if Dfg fails to understand this , either he is stupid or just plays it stupid...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

You want me to make a webpage in 5 minutes , put the link here hidden and everyone to click upon it and know everybody's ip without bothering at all....bullshit...Dfg, you can do better than that...try again.:D

hahahaha....Dfg...you call me moron...call hellthat moron..call everybody that disagrees with you moron....do you have moron issues ?

YOu have to check them out....lol.

Obviously your ip is logged from the server you log in, and if you log in through facebook obviously your ip will get logged...and so what ????

just change the option that allows third part cookies and only the cookies here will exist on the session, what's the big deal after all if they monitor your cookies, or where you go ?, it does not matter at all, really, i see no point of not linking with facebook, as it will bring members and the risks are minimum, you are after all, under the laws of US , aren't you ?

Nick you can fuck off if you want. I am not going to implement Facebook Connect\Like here.

You forgot to call me moron ????? lol
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011

You're moron Hell. Period.
    http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/internet-law/51233-facebook-like-facebook-connect-tracking-cookie.html
    http://technorati.com/technology/article/facebook-is-tracking-you-do-you1/
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1717563
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    That :) I voted yes for the connection.:) and also from the minute you open a video on youtube that is as link here, or just a link to somewhere from here..the ip is logged there at the destination so one more reason for the bullshit Dfg just said, google tracks everybody through everything......

not only facebook or other future sites...everything is being tracked and filed...if Dfg fails to understand this , either he is stupid or just plays it stupid...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

You want me to make a webpage in 5 minutes , put the link here hidden and everyone to click upon it and know everybody's ip without bothering at all....bullshit...Dfg, you can do better than that...try again.:D

Nick you can fuck off if you want. I am not going to implement Facebook Connect\Like here.
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »

Are you fucking retarded? Get this sweet new invention called a "firewall" and you no longer need to worry about those mean old tracking cookies.

Oh, and guess what else! Every time you log into totse it puts one of these evil cookies on your computer so you stay logged in, dumb ass.
  • NickNick Locked
    edited April 2011
    Don't be mad because your suggestion wasn't greeted with open arms and legs. You win some you lose some. This one you lost, its not that big of a deal. IMO, this isn't something that will help us.
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=4481

:facepalm::D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TOTSEINFOBBS/148173735222605?sk=photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/totse-info/

lol..you could at least connect with facebook to attract some normal people out there lol:eek:

Yeah an average totse user can do this on mobile phones and other systems. This isn't Facebook central. This is TOTSE. Some people have real life accounts on facebook that they would love to keep hidden and unconnected to Totse.

hahahaha....it's easy to make a second facebook account for such purposes lol, and anyway, speaking of real life, did you de mod the moderator that had a thread recently which he admitted of finding the PI of a real person from a photo that had published on Net ?...and that he wants to bring him here ? hahahaha...Dfg, you are double player..whenever it suits you...and when not....
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Are you fucking retarded? Get this sweet new invention called a "firewall" and you no longer need to worry about those mean old tracking cookies.

Oh, and guess what else! Every time you log into totse it puts one of these evil cookies on your computer so you stay logged in, dumb ass.

Yeah an average totse user can do this on mobile phones and other systems. This isn't Facebook central. This is TOTSE. Some people have real life accounts on facebook that they would love to keep hidden and unconnected to Totse.

There is a limit to using social networks. Facebook is no go. Sorry try something else.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=4481

:facepalm::D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TOTSEINFOBBS/148173735222605?sk=photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/totse-info/

lol..you could at least connect with facebook to attract some normal people out there lol:eek:

Created using Temp/Alt accounts.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Anyway, TL;DR.

The point is, It's one thing if users get linked via youtube videos its another thing to embed Facebook code of Totse.info pages that track everything a user is doing here. There are threads and guides that are region sensitive. I don't trust Google but I can't avoid it either. But when it comes to facebook we can.

Reddit, Twitter, Digg, Stumble we already use but whatever we do it's mostly done by one account that's mine. If something goes down it will fall on me and I accept the responsibility.

But when it comes Facebook, it puts everyone at risk here. It's not like I didn't consider this but the problem is, I cannot control what facebook sees here.

If you're thinking that I didn't implement facebook connect feature on Totse.info, you're wrong. The commenting system we use on CMS has the option to accept facebook, twitter, openID and other login systems. On CMS it's fine since they're articles.

But when it comes to forums things get more personal.

It's late and I am going to sleep. It gets hot in the day and I value some sleep time. Feel free to discuss this.
  • NickNick Locked
    edited April 2011

There is a limit to using social networks. Facebook is no go. Sorry try something else.

Nope, this is not Totse, this is Totse.info, change your site's name , unless you want me to say....

:D
    edited April 2011
    The bottom line is users would have the OPTION to use facebook connect or to not use facebook connect.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    The bottom line is users would have the OPTION to use facebook connect or to not use facebook connect.

VB4 has FB connect option. Make this thread then.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't ruin this site by adding facebook connect please.
    edited April 2011
    VB4 has FB connect option. Make this thread then.

Whatever, sand nigger. Your just pissed off because a) You didn't think of it first or b) You don't know how to do it. Also, if there is "built in facebook connect" with vb4, why are there so many threads on the internet with people asking how to MOD it to do it?
  • NickNick Locked
    edited April 2011
    Whatever, sand nigger. Your just pissed off because a) You didn't think of it first or b) You don't know how to do it. Also, if there is "built in facebook connect" with vb4, why are there so many threads on the internet with people asking how to MOD it to do it?

How did your interview gone ?:) you did not re schedule it right ?:)

I know it is out of the subject but just remembered it lol
  • edited April 2011
    Would it be possible for the default option for a user to not be linked to Facebook, unless they chose otherwise?

Does Totse.info even have a Facebook page?
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011

Aww QQ more you sissy bitch. Your idea is a fucking failure.

Dfg, lock this shit. Don't want to start anymore drama with this faggot whose balls didn't drop.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011

I didn't think of this before? What are you? An idiot?

Thor Fucking Zeus. I already thought and rejected this idea long ago. You don't see us integrating with FB. We even had a group on FB and we created alt account for it. FB shut it down and we left it there and moved on.

Don't be an idiot dude.

This thread will be closed when I wake up.

Reason: Less Votes and Privacy concerns, plus VB 3.8 FB Connect Integration not posisble during out current development schedule.
    edited April 2011
    How did your interview gone ?:) you did not re schedule it right ?:)

I know it is out of the subject but just remembered it lol

Good, I got the job. I just gotta go in for my drug test monday, and I'll know my hours afterwards.

I'll see you all later though. I'll come back when the sand nigger either get's his admin taken away, or suicide bombs somewhere.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011
    Also, if there is "built in facebook connect" with vb4, why are there so many threads on the internet with people asking how to MOD it to do it?

What the fuck are you talking about? Totse.info isn't using vb4 yet, and I've never seen anyone ask how to add a "facebook mod" to vb4 (and I own a license) as the connect feature is included with the software but disabled by default.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm sorry to see a fellow Minnesotan and Totsean leave because his suggestion was rejected by not only by an admin, but by the community as well. I hope you recover from the butthurt you got from this, and find your way back.

Are you fucking serious? All that faggot does is login once a month, bitch and moan, leave, and repeat.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Are you fucking serious? All that faggot does is login once a month, bitch and moan, leave, and repeat.

^Pretty much this.
This discussion has been closed.