Tattoo artist transforms $11,000 into a skull worth $50,000

Comments

• My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited March 2011
    Some people have too much money.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Sure am glad that 11k just got wasted creating "art".
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    What the fuck makes him think its worth $39,000 more? What a waste of good cash...
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    Umm ya i would not buy that. it looks neat but no. 11,000 does not = 50 grand im sorry but no.
  • edited March 2011
    Google zombie boy !
    zombie_boy.jpg
  • drewfleadrewflea Acolyte
    edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    What the fuck makes him think its worth $39,000 more? What a waste of good cash...

What makes a bunch of cheap bricks worth a hundreds of thousands of dollars? Just because its arranged to the shape of a house..?
  • edited March 2011
    What makes a bunch of cheap bricks worth a hundreds of thousands of dollars? Just because its arranged to the shape of a house..?

A building has practical value and requires a lot of people to work very hard.

This guy superglued $11,000 to a skull/box.
  • VisualoveVisualove New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    It demonstrates how people are ready and willing to spend their money on items they don't need or serves any practical value. Members of different societies all over the world throw money away on many useless pleasures.
    Everyone wastes money. This artist just took it further and demoted 11,000 dollars of all its practical value and created something of solely aesthetic value.
    i mainly enjoy art for its stylish taste anyway and this one is quite lovely
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited March 2011

Its called emergent properties of a system. You wouldnt pay big money for sugar, water, oils, and acids, but when it becomes a human being, its worth way more.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    Visualove wrote: »
    It demonstrates how people are ready and willing to spend their money on items they don't need or serves any practical value. Members of different societies all over the world throw money away on many useless pleasures.
    Everyone wastes money. This artist just took it further and demoted 11,000 dollars of all its practical value and created something of solely aesthetic value.
    i mainly enjoy art for its stylish taste anyway and this one is quite lovely
    get money where you can get it. however i would never spend money around that amount for that no matter the beauty, or to show my worth.
    Its called emergent properties of a system. You wouldnt pay big money for sugar, water, oils, and acids, but when it becomes a human being, its worth way more.
    slaves?
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited April 2011
    I think its fucking dope.
  • edited April 2011
    I think its fucking dope.

This.

I want that shit done to my skull when I die.

11k?

Who cares.... I mean, if yer dead already.

As for the artist, at least he/she made a profit hahaha
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    I wouldn't pay $50,000 dollars for it but that's really fucking cool.
    edited April 2011
    I want that shit done to my skull when I die.
    There was no actual skull used in the making of this. The guy seriously just used bricks of cash, and carved them into that shape.

It might look cool, but it's a blatant "Fuck you!" to the working class.
  • edited April 2011
    There was no actual skull used in the making of this. The guy seriously just used bricks of cash, and carved them into that shape.

Everything that uses money is a fuck you to the working class :P

That sucks... I can get an artist who's a real badass to do it to my skull, I'm sure
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    is that art or just throwing $ around?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Maybe it's not legal tender? :o
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Maybe it's not legal tender? :o

Then how could it possibly have costed 11 K ?

I can't see any other way.
  • iamgoiamgo Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011

It looks to me like he is working. Turning 11k into 50k is a damn good turnover and there IS someone out there that would buy it for that much or more. So who is throwing there money away? Artist or the person that buys it?
    edited May 2011
    iamgo wrote: »
    Artist or the person that buys it?
    Both.
    It's not like the medium of paper and ink are inherently that expensive. You can get the same effect by printing your own parody of a US dollar, with the added bonus of getting to throw in more creativity and maybe even some legitimate original artwork.
    1000000000bill2.jpg

The only thing I can see using real money would add to this project, is to remind the sculptor and buyer of how much expendable income they have--which is ironic, as I imagine the message behind it is to relate that death comes for the wealthy and poor alike.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    The only thing I can see using real money would add to this project, is to remind the sculptor and buyer of how much expendable income they have--which is ironic, as I imagine the message behind it is to relate that death comes for the wealthy and poor alike.

bravo.gif
  • edited June 2011
    That is God-awfully stupid..