Just dug this bottle up outside...

Pg.jpg

Does anyone know what it might be, what it contains, and where it came from?

On the bottom of the bottle is some text which reads;

MILTON (I think. The text is worn down and looks like M TON now)

If you turn the bottle round, there are the letters F C C.

It's really interesting to find this shit literally in my own back yard. I also dug up an old bottle which said EIFFEL TOWER LEMONADE on it :D I'm about to research this one, it's interesting. Oh, and I found a horseshoe as well.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Milton was a cleaning fluid. Still exists today ;)
    My Dad has an old bottle his relations were involved in making/the company.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Could be milton steralising fluid. I am always finding bits of clay bowl pipe like this:

e4458%20clay%20pipe%20bowl.jpg

It is quite nice to think the land I am working has been worked for many years and that guys 100+ years ago took a smoke break while diging the same bit of ground I did and take a smoke break on.

Edit: Remade beat me whilst I was looking for pictures of pipe.
  • edited May 2011
    I just did some digging!

picric.jpg

This image is pretty much identical. I also found a brief summary of what it is...
    Octagonal Brown Glass Bottle with Plug Closure and Paper Label: Picric Acid. "Milton" raised in base. Likely 1940s.

Probably used as antiseptic, perhaps for burns, as was inside dressings box containing burn dressings.

So, the bottle contains Picric Acid :D

Now the question is - what should I do with it? Should I keep the bottle with the acid inside?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I dug my my backyard, the only thing I found was hardened cement and fucking bricks. Couldn't do anything more, the whole piece of fucking land was shit. Luckily it wasn't mine technically since it was outside my wall. Now, it's covered with cement.

I might go hunting in some other place but honestly no one does that shit in Pakistan and even if you do, people will think you're being a MORON or just doing something stupid.

It's honestly is a bitch to adopt or try these little things that you guys do from time to time.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I dug my my backyard, the only thing I found was hardened cement and fucking bricks. Couldn't do anything more, the whole piece of fucking land was shit. Luckily it wasn't mine technically since it was outside my wall. Now, it's covered with cement.

I might go hunting in some other place but honestly no one does that shit in Pakistan and even if you do, people will think you're being a MORON or just doing something stupid.

It's honestly is a bitch to adopt or try these little things that you guys do from time to time.

What the fuck would you hunt in Pakistan?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    What the fuck would you hunt in Pakistan?

OBL.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    OBL.

OBL?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    You found a 70 year old bottle of picric acid in your yard? Too bad it's only 1%, otherwise you could have had some fun with it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    OBL.
    RemadE wrote: »
    c7U.jpg

I giggled, so fucking true.
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited May 2011
    Drink it and find out.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    I just realized that we have The General and theGeneral. Confusing much?
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited May 2011
    I noticed that too. We aren't the same person, though.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

So, the bottle contains Picric Acid :D

Now the question is - what should I do with it? Should I keep the bottle with the acid inside?

Its an explosive, you can make it from aspirin tablets
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    theGeneral wrote: »
    I noticed that too. We aren't the same person, though.

Damn, you guys confused me :(