What do you like on your burger?

edited May 2011 in Life
So, you have a fresh grilled steaming meatpuck in your hand, you approach the grandaddy of all condiment bars, everything is available, what goes on your burger?

I have a few favorite combo's, swiss cheese, mild horseradish and mushrooms sauteéd with garlic is awesome. Banana peppers, feta cheese, and chipotle mayo is a close second. If I really feel like an edible disaster, grilled pineapple, maple bacon, bleu cheese, and Kraft bbq sauce, deadly but good. I am not big on shrubbery on my burgers, but I sometimes wave it over a salad before eating.

C/O

"mmm, meatpucks for everyone!"

Comments

• acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    Sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, good swiss cheese(not that disgusting kraft shit)

Another one I like to make is a grilled pineapple slice, onions, and teriyaki sauce. Used to have a local restaurant that made a burger like that, but it went out of business.
  • edited May 2011
    ^^Nice to see you around again Acid Drop!
    edited May 2011
    Hell yeah man.

Had drill last month, so I disappeared for a bit. Probably should have said something in the mod section- oh well, the place didn't fall apart without me.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    I really like to load mine up - mayo on the bun and a bit of English mustard, raw onion, cucumber, tomatoe and gherkin. I will also have some slices of streaky bacon on if I have some in. As for cheese, I like a bit of gouda / leerdamma / emental type cheese on the burger and back under the grill for half a minute to melt the cheese.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Cheddar, lettuce, onions, beetroot
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited May 2011
    Eggs? I prefer bacon, cheese, mayo and ketchup.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited May 2011
    cheese,ketchup,lettuce
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited May 2011
    Cheese and chilli sauce...hotter the better.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited May 2011
    Lots of melted American cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms, sweet pickle relish, and ketchup.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited May 2011
    Mayo, sautéed onions, lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, Swiss cheese

Jalepeño mayo, sautéed onions, jalepeños, lettuce, tomato, chedder

Mustard, onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, chedder, chipotle sauce or heinze 57

BBQ sauce, pickles, lettuce, tomato, cheered, onion ring
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited May 2011
    Bacon egg and cheeseburgers are good. As far as normal burgers go, cheese and bbq sauce, bacon if its cooked proper, and the occasional Chipotle Tabasco sauce if I want a kick.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    bacon, lettuce, cheese, pickles, mustard, mushrooms, jalapenos, usually a mix of some of those. i do like egg burgers too, and french fries on a burger is good.
  • edited May 2011
    I like my burger with as much extra shit as possible... If I had to choose only a few it'd be bacon n egg or perhaps a prime-rib-type burger w horseradish on it... shit's good.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    Bacon, ketchup, lettuce, cucumber, chips, any cheese that melt, onions all in a good seedy bun.
    Never had one with grilled pineapple, but now it's been mentioned I will.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Pepperjack, jalapeños, lettuce, onions, chipoltle sauce.

Bomb. As. Fuck.
  • edited May 2011
    Anyone ever had an Aussie burger? Pickled beets, cheddar and a fried egg. Had these on special tonight, I tried to incorporate some vegemite into mayo, but it is nasty stuff, and I suspect the jar I requested will sit on the back shelf of the fridge for some time.
  • edited May 2011
    I went to a place recently where I had a burger with a fried egg (With cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, etc).

I will always have fried eggs on my burgers from now on.
    edited May 2011
    Anyone ever had an Aussie burger? Pickled beets, cheddar and a fried egg. Had these on special tonight, I tried to incorporate some vegemite into mayo, but it is nasty stuff, and I suspect the jar I requested will sit on the back shelf of the fridge for some time.

Everything but the beets... Please no ketchup though.....

I actually really like beets, but you don't find them in this country unless they are canned.... In which, I eat an ass ton of canned beets....

I will need to try that though. You mean a pickled sweet beet I assume? Much harder to find, but I think I have a store here that has them in a Jar.

This Assuie burger actually sounds better than it should.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited May 2011
    just the usual shit but i like to add fries i open the buns lay sum fries across the beef and eat! that plus house dressing.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited May 2011
    Lettuce, burger with smoked cheese melted, onions, bacon, sesame seed bun.

Maybe chuck some beatroot under the lettuce, cant have it dieing everything else and ruining the taste.
    I would have some watties tamato sauce on the side for chip dipping and burger dunking.
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited May 2011
    Mustard, mayo, bacon, and provolone cheese. That's one damn good burger....

Edit: Oh yeah and pickles too... :o
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited May 2011
    Mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers, bacon, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, pickles.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited May 2011
    KETCHUP only! Anything more warrants MURDER!! :angry:
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited May 2011
    Bacon, unmelted cheddar, mayo, brioche bun.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited May 2011
    Bacon, unmelted cheddar, mayo, brioche bun.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    a couple different kinds of cheese and grilled onions.

Or if I am in Salt Lake City, a Crown Burger (Pastrami and stuff) awesome shit.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited May 2011
    lettuce, mustard, jalapenos, grilled onions, and cheddar cheese. i also like putting the cheese inside when forming the burger. when it cooks on the grill it melts just to the right temp. without being too hot
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    meat, salad? I don't know, I've never done much with burgers before, but I am a man who likes every kind of topping on everything. There's not much food I don't like
  • edited May 2011
    lettuce, mustard, jalapenos, grilled onions, and cheddar cheese. i also like putting the cheese inside when forming the burger. when it cooks on the grill it melts just to the right temp. without being too hot

Yeah man, thats the shit! A nice hunk of good sharp cheddar in the center of a burger is awesome, jalapeno jack is good too. I once put whole ancho chillies stuffed with queso fresco into the middle, they came out oval, so I used pieces of french bread instead of buns, very good with chipotle mayo and sorrel leaves (glorified dandilion leaves, but the bitterness worked pretty good for this).