Spotting weed

smellytittybiscuitsmellytittybiscuit New Arrival
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
Its pretty popular here in NZ and is easily my favourite method of smoking up but after a bit of searching i cant seem to find any other countries that do it aside from Canada who call it hot knives. Its basically heating up knives on a stove top (preferably coil elements) till theyr red hot then pressing a small amount of weed between them whilst someone else collects the smoke in a hooter which is made by cutting the bottom off a plastic bottle, or rolling up some cardboard into a kindof hollow ciggarette. tis vicious

Any of you guys smoke this way

Comments

• PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    Never done it myself, I'm too lazy. I know a few that have in Britian.
  • edited May 2011
    Hot knifing is fairly common in the UK I think. I've never tried it though, although it looks pretty cool.
  • smellytittybiscuitsmellytittybiscuit New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hot knifing is fairly common in the UK I think. I've never tried it though, although it looks pretty cool.

def give it a try when your low on weed and have power to waste. its suprising how stoned you can get off the smallest amount of weed. and its harsh as shit :cool:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    Iv never done this with anything besides hash and resin. and i didnt use a funnel i just snorked up the smoke while it rose up to meet my face. in america its usually the older generations that do and usually with a swiss army knife and a lighter.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

Same here. I've known about it for a while, but I just never really felt like going through the trouble. Plus, I don't like the smell of smoke in the house. I used to have a vaporizer. That thing would get you stoned on just a pinch of weed. Tasted good too. The beat hits taste like burnt popcorn though.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    familyguy wrote: »
    Same here. I've known about it for a while, but I just never really felt like going through the trouble. Plus, I don't like the smell of smoke in the house. I used to have a vaporizer. That thing would get you stoned on just a pinch of weed. Tasted good too. The beat hits taste like burnt popcorn though.

Beat hits? you mean when the bowl is cashed out? :confused: And ya thats what vaporizers are known for. my homie had one and it worked well. a gram got the 2 of us high for 3 days. im guessing that this way of hot knifing creates alot of vapors like a vaporizer. but not as intense.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited May 2011
    its not all that common here in the us with weed but ive used that method and seen a lot of others use it with hash and resin
  • Tiny_Penis : (Tiny_Penis : ( Regular
    edited May 2011
    never done it but im fucked up on oxy!
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    I am in the UK and have been smoking for nigh on 20 years and have never come across anyone hot knifing - even tho I have known about it since before I started smoking.

The main reason I would not do it is I do not want to fuck up a good knife by heating the fucker cherry red.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Beat hits? you mean when the bowl is cashed out? :confused: And ya thats what vaporizers are known for. my homie had one and it worked well. a gram got the 2 of us high for 3 days. im guessing that this way of hot knifing creates alot of vapors like a vaporizer. but not as intense.

Yeah, kind of like when a bowl is cashed out. I was talking about the beat hit on a vaporizer though. I used a hot box. It was a tube with a glass piece at the end where you packed the weed. Then there was a box that heated a small piece of glass, and you put the piece of glass with the weed in it against the other piece of glass and inhale through the tube. After hitting it a few times the weed turns kind of brown and it tastes like burnt popcorn. Cost me 140 bucks but was well worth the money at the time.

I've never had the chance to try a volcano vaporizer but I've heard very good things about it. It was something like 300 dollars when I was shopping for a vaporizer, and although I was really into getting high, I just couldn't come around to spending that much money.

I prefer alcohol now. I used to smoke 5-10 times a day, and now I smoke maybe once a week tops. Every time I see some really dank headies I just gotta try a couple puffs.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    i hot knife, but only with the dro/chronic