IP Not Logged

DfgDfg Admin
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So, it seems disabling IP logging was simple. From now on, the board is Anonymous when it comes to logging your IPs. You will not see IP Logged message and mods can't see your IPs as well. They can via other panel but it will only result in fail since no new IPs are shown.

Regarding your registered IP address it can be changed to 127.0.0.1 or something else manually or via a script or SQL query. I will ask Hellish to make a backup of DB after we have cleaned everything and delete other backups from server and local systems or at least encrypt them so feds cannot gain access to them.

We might make few adjustments to the rules and tweak things here and there, you will see a lot more on your face disclaimers and new TOS which new users will have to agree on.

Also, I have other plans for BI crew or sections which are sensitive, we might take them off public to keep idiots away from them.

The idea is to keep the Freedom of Speech flag high but also to protect our users. The last thing we want is some idiot doing something stupid and getting everyone on totse.info in trouble.

Discuss and suggest things.

Comments

• JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    If you guys are going to keep backups with the real addresses still in, even encrypted, you'd better be ready to fight a subpoena for the key. :hrmph:

Great to hear though.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Jack wrote: »
    If you guys are going to keep backups with the real addresses still in, even encrypted, you'd better be ready to fight a subpoena for the key. :hrmph:

Great to hear though.

Well, they're welcome to travel to Pakistan and give it a try :). The thing is after everything is cleaned those backups would be meaningless since they won't connect with any IP. The old backups would be deleted as well. No point in keeping backups when you don't need them.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited May 2011
    That's good, but all the IP info is still recorded on default by Google.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, you actually host it there? I guess that works then. I don't know what the Pakistani police can do but I don't suppose it would affect me anyway.

I think an invite-only BI forum is one of the best ideas this community (here/Cocklet/wherever else) has had, especially if we leave a public BI forum up for people to be retarded in, distract any authorities, you know.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    I don't control Google if I did I could make this easier. Just use common sense and avoid getting in trouble.
    Jack wrote: »
    Oh, you actually host it there? I guess that works then. I don't know what the Pakistani police can do but I don't suppose it would affect me anyway.

I think an invite-only BI forum is one of the best ideas this community (here/Cocklet/wherever else) has had, especially if we leave a public BI forum up for people to be retarded in, distract any authorities, you know.

Nope, this isn't hosted in PK. It's hosted some place else. Referring to backups, I DL latest backups created by me and keep them stored. If someone raids it will be a lot harder for them to just enter. Plus, I don't mind destroying my own data for the sake of Totse :).

Invite only BI-forum is a go from me. Details will NOT be discussed openly :).
  • edited May 2011
    This is win on so many levels :D Good job Dfg. Also, why are you taking backups of things, and are you securely deleting them?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    This is win on so many levels :D Good job Dfg. Also, why are you taking backups of things, and are you securely deleting them?

Taking backups incase we fuck up and this idea falls apart badly.

New ToS:
    http://www.totse.info/cms/terms-of-service-disclaimer

Thanks to fanglekai and Raven [IRL]

Can anyone link me to the famous Totse disclaimer.

Also, I would need a seperate one for privacy policy.
  • edited May 2011
    So, you haven't actually deleted all of the IP's which are currently on the site? Because I can still read them from the mod-panel. Looking forward to seeing them all gone though :D Also going to start proxying and TORing whenever I can.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Oh before everyone jumps on me I used explain this one:
    Site Access; Account Deletion

We may take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you prior notice:

• Restrict or terminate your access to the Services;

• Change or discontinue the Services;

• Deactivate your accounts and delete all related information and files in your accounts;

We will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions and we will not be limited to the remedies above if you violate these Terms.

This means we can delete your accounts and everything in it without any reason or block access to this website. Wait before you try to kill me, only Admins can do that and it's there if case we need to protect some users [ahem] or get rid of some [snitches] or [CIC] users. Won't be used against totsean or totse users. It won't be used at all but it's good to have something in case some assholes tries to take this place down by getting feds involved.

Again, everything in ToS is open for discussion. Feel free to improve or amend it.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Thanks to fanglekai .

Wait a sec....just a couple days ago it was "fuck Fang, he hates Totse, he's only here to cause trouble"....etc ad nauseum? :confused:

You took your head out of someone's ass long enough to finally wake up and realize Fang ain't the enemy? :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Or should we all just feel grateful the opportunity presented itself that you found a legitimate NEED for Fang, and perhaps now you might rethink all the other shit that has been clouding your perception?

Baby steps folks....slow and easy baby steps.....but we are gettintg there.....
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    So, you haven't actually deleted all of the IP's which are currently on the site? Because I can still read them from the mod-panel. Looking forward to seeing them all gone though :D Also going to start proxying and TORing whenever I can.

Hellish is covering that part :). My job is to handle the other bits.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    Wait a sec....just a couple days ago it was "fuck Fang, he hates Totse, he's only here to cause trouble"....etc ad nauseum? :confused:

You took your head out of someone's ass long enough to finally wake up and realize Fang ain't the enemy? :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Or should we all just feel grateful the opportunity presented itself that you found a legitimate NEED for Fang, and perhaps now you might rethink all the other shit that has been clouding your perception?

Baby steps folks....slow and easy baby steps.....but we are gettintg there.....

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=8790

Posted back in 2010. I always give credit where it's due. If you posted something like that and you tried to kill me, I would still give YOU credit when using your work.

This is how I work :).
  • JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    6. LOGGING INFORMATION: TOTSE.INFO DOES NOT LOG IP ADDRESSES OF USERS. USERS ARE REQUESTED TO USE TOR OR PROXY CONNECTIONS WHILE BROWSING TOTSE.INFO. WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF FOR REASON WE’RE FORCED TO DISCLOSE USERS INFORMATION. PROTECT YOURSELF.

I think you a word in that paragraph.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=8790

Posted back in 2010. I always give credit where it's due. If you posted something like that and you tried to kill me, I would still give YOU credit when using your work.

This is how I work :).

*sigh*

Much disappoint. :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    *sigh*

Much disappoint. :(

? oh come don't be sad.

*hugs*

Better.

Updated the ToS. Added something for Canada.
    http://www.terccanada.ca/disclaimer.htm
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited May 2011
    Google DOES NOT record your IP address on your posts. Don't know where anybody ever got a silly notion like that from. It only records your posts, that's it. If you go into the bulletin board from Google, then it has your IP logged coming here, but it still doesn't have the IP on your posts.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »

Mkay. That just might be a very fucking serious breach of data protection laws that are in place in North America, Europe, Oceana and India but to name a few places.

Prey tell how this works and I will start a class action law suit and google will be sued into bankrupcy.
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Google DOES NOT record your IP address on your posts. Don't know where anybody ever got a silly notion like that from. It only records your posts, that's it. If you go into the bulletin board from Google, then it has your IP logged coming here, but it still doesn't have the IP on your posts.

The underlined part is legal. Once I have clicked on any other link - be it to a thread, a post reply button or anything else that will take me on to a subsequent page, any information that google could possibly get aftet that would be obtained and stored illegally.

Anyone want to produce any solid evidence to the contrary?
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited May 2011
    Pardon my retardation, if I read that incorrectly...we will have the ability to change our own IP's in the CP??
  • edited May 2011
    Spiff wrote: »
    Pardon my retardation, if I read that incorrectly...we will have the ability to change our own IP's in the CP??

No - Basically, all of the IP addresses which people registered on can be reset or changed, which will probably get done by Hellish or Dfg. We can't change them ourselves.
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Mkay. That just might be a very fucking serious breach of data protection laws that are in place in North America, Europe, Oceana and India but to name a few places.

Prey tell how this works and I will start a class action law suit and google will be sued into bankrupcy.

The underlined part is legal. Once I have clicked on any other link - be it to a thread, a post reply button or anything else that will take me on to a subsequent page, any information that google could possibly get aftet that would be obtained and stored illegally.

Anyone want to produce any solid evidence to the contrary?
    But they're getting sneaky now. For example, let's say you install Google Earth. That installs a service on your machine, and that service integrates itself into your registry, your browser, and your posting habits. It then reports home to Mother. They also use cookies in such a way that you go away with the cookie, and then when you RETURN to Google it reads the cookie and knows where you went after you left. Those are simply a few ways the feds track your surfing habits through their little buddy Google.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    tested and checked. IPs are clean now. Mods can check as well.
  • edited May 2011
    so if someone was planning something highly illegal and the police needed the info they wouldn't be able to get it? Wise move. I hope no one gets hurt because of this.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    so if someone was planning something highly illegal and the police needed the info they wouldn't be able to get it? Wise move. I hope no one gets hurt because of this.

If someone was doing something illegal I am sure the Administration would have taken action against them before the feds or police got involved. In short, if you're going to fuck up, we will step in and stop you before you really fuck up things :).
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    But they're getting sneaky now. For example, let's say you install Google Earth. That installs a service on your machine, and that service integrates itself into your registry, your browser, and your posting habits. It then reports home to Mother. They also use cookies in such a way that you go away with the cookie, and then when you RETURN to Google it reads the cookie and knows where you went after you left. Those are simply a few ways the feds track your surfing habits through their little buddy Google.

Thats fine, its not an issue even if you use your own IP but have half a spoon of common sense.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited May 2011
    tested and checked. IPs are clean now. Mods can check as well.

So I can post about my desire to fuck up a fat guido mexican now?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Registration IPs aren't cleared yet.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Registration IPs aren't cleared yet.
    Now they are.
  • edited May 2011
    I'd better be getting a VIP invite to the premiere of this new BI forum...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I'd better be getting a VIP invite to the premiere of this new BI forum...

First rule of BI, There isn't one.
  • edited May 2011
    I just saw a thread made by Shady over on Zoklet about how they should offer better security/protection for members. It had a poll in which most people voted that they should have more security.

No surprise that the mods and dick-riders went into personal attack mode, calling her stupid and the like and supporting Zok completely. They even locked it soon after.

That place is a laughingstock.

EDIT: And there's a lot of people who used to be cool from the original &T who really suck now..
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Wow, now that sucks big time. The funny thing we don't give a fuck about bans. Stupid Zok's policies.
  • edited May 2011
    Wow. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Fuck that place.
    edited May 2011
    Keep in mind, back in 2008 DaGuru and I were warning and bitching about this very thing, and everybody called us assholes and told us we were completely off our rockers. Not so crazy now, are we? Fours years for the truth to come out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Keep in mind, back in 2008 DaGuru and I were warning and bitching about this very thing, and everybody called us assholes and told us we were completely off our rockers. Not so crazy now, are we? Fours years for the truth to come out.

You're still crazy. Points to the dark tower.
    edited May 2011
    Actually, it was 2006. Almost 6 years we've been saying that exactly what's happened was going to happen.