Remixed songs - Love em' or hate em' ?

What's your take on remixed songs? I really dislike the ones which are more "resampled" than remixed, with some dumb nigger talking over a really famous riff, causing them to get more famous than the original artist :facepalm:

Otherwise, I love a good remix. Some of my favorites are by artists like Fatboy Slim and a few of the Dubstep/Drum and Bass producers, which actually sound great. I might update the thread in a little while with some Youtube examples :D

Comments

• BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited May 2011
    IMO 1/4-1/2 remixes are decent.

A remix to me is either another verse added, or a flip to the song itself. They gotta know what they're doing to make it a successful remix.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I kinda enjoy almost all the remixes, except for really shitty ones. Ace of Base -All For You [7Th Heaven Remix] is currently my most listened to track.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah good remixes are good. Some just work.
    Dave Pearce for instance. He just makes trance remixes of other electronic songs, which to me is fucking great because I love trance.
    So many remixes are fucking garbage though. Like as OP said, with some dumb nigger using a good song to make their music sound good.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited May 2011
    As far as new music, I'm starting to like remixed songs more than I do the originals these days.