Saturday Nights Are Awesome

edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
1Cs.jpg

I love Saturday nights. I'm sitting here, windows wide open, listening to some great music, drinking some really cheap pear cider which actually is refreshing as fuck, and posting on Totse.

And as I write this, I feel a surge of that amazing feeling (what is that, dopamine or something?) suddenly kick in. Fuck, life is awesome and so are Saturday nights at the computer. That sounds really fucking lame, but I love my computer time. It takes me back to the nights where I'd only just got a broadband connection and really started discovering the internet. NOSTALGIA!

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm buzzing right now. I feel incredible :D

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    drunk at the computer screen wowzers. dont get too used to.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Meh, I prefer watching X-Short and enjoying the music, but fuck it I tried to sleep last night and failed. Ulitmiately went to sleep around 4 AM and woke up around 11:45 AM. My back hurts and I am mad at myself.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm sober for the first time on a saturday night. Pretty goddamned lame.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    on antibiotics with a throat infection. Been cleaning my house and doing homework all weekend. The weather is actually pretty mild though so that's a plus. The sun was even out yesterday :D
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited May 2011
    Ahh good old Aldi booze :D

Mine was an ok night spent talking to my mate at the other side of the country and getting merry.
  • edited May 2011
    Haha. I was buzzing last night, as you can probably tell. I have these random highs when something makes me really think about how good it is to be alive. It can be many things which trigger it - mainly hearing a good song, having a good time, or getting all nostalgic. I think last night must have presented me with a combination of the three :thumbsup:
  • edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Haha. I was buzzing last night, as you can probably tell. I have these random highs when something makes me really think about how good it is to be alive. It can be many things which trigger it - mainly hearing a good song, having a good time, or getting all nostalgic. I think last night must have presented me with a combination of the three :thumbsup:

you were drunk.
  • edited June 2011
    you were drunk.

It doesn't happen when I'm drunk as that dulls my senses to a point where I don't even begin to consider thinking about life. This surge of awesomeness only happens when I'm sober and when I'm right on the ball and really thinking straight. When that happens, all it takes is a single good song to come on, or for me to have a really good conversation with someone and I'll be buzzing for ages.

What is the surge I feel anyway? Is it a chemical released in your brain or something?