I ran away from the hospital yesterday

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I've been having a horrible headache for 3 weeks or so. I told them I was in pain but all they made me do was wait in a stretcher in the Emergency room.

After 5 hours or so, I told the nurse I was going to use the bathroom and made a run for the exit. A black cop halted me and took away my clothing and shoes. They gave me some sort of green gown to wear temporarily and I was put back on the stretcher. After 2 hours or so I grew tired of getting blood sampled every fucking hour and I was on fluids.

I ran with the gown outside, lol, looked like a fucking maniac. I really want my shoes back, they were a week old pair of airmaxes. Can I still go back and reclaim them? I'm scared the fuckers are gonna keep me in.

Comments

• GumboGumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd wager you'd be okay. People working in the ER have better shit to do than pay attention to who comes and goes. Try not to give a name?
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    My friend just 'broke out' of the hospital also, but he's an idiot because he was in for kidney and liver failure.

The other day I was panning and this enormous black man wearing only a hospital robe come up to me and is like "I just broke out of the hospital, if you cash this check for me I'll give you $100". I was all like hell yeah but my bank was closed, and on the way to Money Mart he mumbled some shit and started walking in the other direction. People should break out of the hospital more often.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    just what the fuck were you

fuck sake nevermind
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    I'm going back later in the evening. I just found out I left my cellphone in my jeans.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    A black cop

Woah now, let's not fabricate stories.
    edited July 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    Woah now, let's not fabricate stories.

lolwut?

I remember most of the cops were black. There were about 2 whites and 1 spic.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would have laughed my ass if I saw you running out like you're batshit insane.
  • UnwyredUnwyred Regular
    edited July 2010
    Why did you go to the hospital in the first place if all you were going to do was "break out" and leave all your stuff there? Seems kind of goofy. You could have just told the nurse to give you all your stuff back because things were taking too long and you couldn't be fucked to stay and wait on more tests... Legally, they can't hold you against your will there.
    edited July 2010
    Unwyred wrote: »
    Why did you go to the hospital in the first place if all you were going to do was "break out" and leave all your stuff there? Seems kind of goofy. You could have just told the nurse to give you all your stuff back because things were taking too long and you couldn't be fucked to stay and wait on more tests... Legally, they can't hold you against your will there.

That's what I told the nurse.

I wanted my stuff back because I was tired of getting my blood leeched and waiting 8 hours.

She said it's for my own 'benefit' to remain in the room and didn't want to return my stuff. The doctor was nowhere to be seen and the cops didn't serve much help.

It was 3 am in the morning, I wasn't gonna rant on about my rights, I just wanted to go home and eat chinese food!
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its a brain tumor, op.
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Its a brain tumor, op.

I hope not.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    you are infected with the T virus, please go seek help

before you put the rest of us at risk
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I hope not.

You have 7 weeks left. :(
  • vnorbertovnorberto Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    it bet it was a hospital in some shitty nigger neighborhood where the ER staff is too busy attending to stab and gunshot wounds to care about some kid with a headache
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited July 2010
    xxombie wrote: »
    The other day I was panning and this enormous black man wearing only a hospital robe come up to me and is like "I just broke out of the hospital, if you cash this check for me I'll give you $100". I was all like hell yeah but my bank was closed, and on the way to Money Mart he mumbled some shit and started walking in the other direction. People should break out of the hospital more often.
    Oldest scam in the book. Be glad you didn't cash it.
    edited July 2010
    vnorberto wrote: »
    it bet it was a hospital in some shitty nigger neighborhood where the ER staff is too busy attending to stab and gunshot wounds to care about some kid with a headache

Nah, my neighborhood is pretty decent. The only serious injury I saw there was some guy vomiting because his gallbladder exploded inside his body. Besides that, meh. The usual broken legs, breathing failure, etc..

Oh, and I got my shit back. :cool:
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    Are you gonna go back and figure out whats up? 3 week chronic headaches can't be good man :o:o
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    Gallows wrote: »
    Oldest scam in the book. Be glad you didn't cash it.

this. it was a fake check
    edited July 2010
    Slice wrote: »
    Are you gonna go back and figure out whats up? 3 week chronic headaches can't be good man :o:o

Most likely tomorrow. It hurts like fuck when I sleep on my left side.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    why would you want to break out of hospital anyway? its pretty awesome
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope you don't have a tumor OP.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought this thread would be about breaking out of a Psychiatric Hospital. I now leave disappointed.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    were u on drugs wen this took plase???

if not i guess i agree with wut ur sayin :o
  • edited July 2010
    this. it was a fake check

So wait, how does the scam work?

Fake check + ................. = profit?
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    black guy says hey dude cash this check for me i'll give you $100 for your trouble. you sign the check and take it to your bank, they put your account number on it and cash it. you're now responsible for the check. you give the black guy $800 and keep $100 for yourself. a week later, the bank calls you and says the check is gonna charge back against your account (you signed it and put your account number on it remember?). your bank account is now overdrawn -$900. black guy is getting high on crack.