Wisdom TOOTH!

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So, there I am doing just fine until yesterday. Due to obvious reasons my wisdom teeth starting growing and now my right tooth is being overlapped by flesh and it fucking hurts. I mean my whole mouth is swollen. It just sucks big effing time. I am thinking of taking ponston and some rest. I hate this.

Any ideas on fixing this. I will go to the dentist tommorrow.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Get some salt, put it into some hot water and rinse it around the area. The salt draws the fluid out of the area which hurts and the swelling goes down.

I've got wisdom teeth coming through as well, it sucks sometimes :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I will give the salt idea I shot. Here is what I did to fix this issue. I went to cooler bedroom, rested on my bed and then closed my eyes and thought about this issue. Then I got up and use some toothpaste and just rubbed it all over the affected region. Then went to bed and remained there for 5-10 minutes. After that i rinsed and used a clove (can't find the English name, it's mostly called long) and put it next to the affected region.

It tasted like strong mint but it totally took control of the pain. With in 20 minutes the pain was bearable and now I am here typing this response. I think should excercise now.

Sorry for typo etc.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    The only solution is to remove them.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    When mine grew in, and the skin was still over them and annoying the fuck out of me every time i bit down, I used an exacto knife and cut the skin off the top. Problem solved. Luckily my teeth also grew in straight.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited May 2011
    ^^^Surgery. Smoking herb will relieve some of the pressure, but you'll have to get them taken out if you want the pain to stop.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Dammit, I will have to visit the dentist tommorrow. For now, I can't concentrate on things. :(
  • edited May 2011
    I think I may be one of those lucky people who doesn't have wisdom teeth.

They sound like nothing but grief.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011

Well mine were perfect until some flesh started getting off to rubbing itself with some cavity. One of these days I am going to write teeth erotica.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011

This. :thumbsup:
    we are the new evolution of humans
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited May 2011

Haha, I'm missing two of them (the upper ones). Since I'm only 17, mine aren't coming in yet, but they do sound like a bitch.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited May 2011
    What age do they come through?
    The other week my cheek was all swolen and puffy but im not to sure why.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Well, it mostly happens when you're above 23 years old. it depends on your growth and other factors. You have two options when dealing with this, pray that your teeth don't fuck up or just get them removed. I am following the third option. Just dealing with the pain and not removing them. I know it's a bitch but not many people have wisdom teeths. That makes me sort of unique.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Go to the tribal areas and get some motherfuckin' OPIUM!
    I'd send you DHC if I knew it'd get there.
  • edited May 2011
    Anyone with experience in the subject of wisdom teeth will probably know what this means:
    http://oi52.tinypic.com/zl5do4.jpg

Don't even comment on the rest of my teeth xD
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Came back from dentist. She gave me some pills and told me the other widsom tooth will have to be taken out when the times comes. So, the one causing me pain is okay. FUCK!
  • edited May 2011
    Exactly what mine told me. I'm pretty sure they exagerate theses things as my previous dentist told me I was in dire need of a root canal on a tooth, and that was 3 years ago now. Dire my ass. I'm just hoping my impacted wisdom tooth will also lie peacefully...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Exactly what mine told me. I'm pretty sure they exagerate theses things as my previous dentist told me I was in dire need of a root canal on a tooth, and that was 3 years ago now. Dire my ass. I'm just hoping my impacted wisdom tooth will also lie peacefully...

Yep, it's a scam. I only wanted were the pills. I wasn't planning to get it removed anyway. I prefer my teeth all natural. I hate the fillins and other tid bits. Plus, I can stomach the pain, I am sure it will go away or I will get used to it. It's only serious when you have an infection or rapid tooth decay. If your teeth are all clean (like mine) and don't have any previous root canal or denture you will be fine. Just keep brushing and take good care of your teeth.

My problem got worse when the water ran out and I had to sleep without brushing teeth. I always brush teeth but the day after tomorrow I was just cocky and I got pwned badly. Thinking it could be due to me not burshing I applied some toothpaste and and let it do it's work. After 10 minutes it did work.

So, the moral of the story is, unless you really or badly need it avoid getting your teeth fucked by dentist and if you have some decent money (points on C/O) you ahve a history of dental problem, get it fixed.

I got my teeth cleaned few weeks ago, the dentish was impressed and asked about my toothpaste and stuff. It cost me money but it was one time deal for me. Considering it was the first time since 16+ years I decided to go for it. It payed off well, now I know for sure my teeth will survive for a while.

Also, dental history matters especially if your family have some kind of genetic problem. Take care of your teeth people and research things before getting any work done.

I got one gell (Enziclor), and two pills (Flurbiprofen, Cefixime).
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    I don't get what the big deal is about having them pulled? :confused:

Go in, get numbed/gassed/whatever, have them pulled.... hours later you never have to worry about them the rest of your life. Easy peasy. :thumbsup:

You folks need to just pick out couple days of your life where you can just chill in case you need "recovery" afterwards.....and then spend the rest of your life over the hump since you've gotten it over with already. :D
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    I don't get what the big deal is about having them pulled? :confused:

Go in, get numbed/gassed/whatever, have them pulled.... hours later you never have to worry about them the rest of your life. Easy peasy. :thumbsup:

You folks need to just pick out couple days of your life where you can just chill in case you need "recovery" afterwards.....and then spend the rest of your life over the hump since you've gotten it over with already. :D

I understand where you are coming from but I have heard some horror stories. A friend had to have hers taken out, the dentist had to hold her forehead as he twisted and pulled as not to drag her around the room. She said she could see the sweat rolling down his brow. Shea damn near had whiplash.

A guy I used to work with had to be put under to have his out. The roots of the teeth were curved around his bone in his upper and lower jaw. They had to smash his face and jaw to take them out. His head swelled up to x3 its normal size.

I had skin flaps on the bottom ones - still have a little - the top ones are searching for space to push through and do give me a twinge from time to time. They will find the space and I will live with them moving around.

Got to give them a chance.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Fuck, it seems the pain comes at night. I was doing just fine and as you can see from my above posts I was a bit sane but now the pain is, it annoys the fuck out of me. Consider having some nails your jaw and each time you move your mouth you will see the pain of nails biting down on your flesh and the worse part is the affected area is swollen. You can't eat anything and as for the taking those damn things out, it's not something that can be done. I asked my dentist and she said she can't do anything about this.

So, now I am sitting infront my computer trying to stay still as my fucking jaw hurts, popping pills don't work, I did pop one and it only caused me headaches. It seems to pwn me in some other ways. I am not saying this is a bad thing but for a guy who needs to some balance in his body to work, it kind of puts me off. I can handle the heat, GOD knows I can handle anything but there are something just put of your guard, having something so close to your brain does that to you. It's not something that you can press or quickly heal, hell if I had an option of sticking a needle in it I could do it. But the wounds of internal skin are different. Thanks to the constant spit moving around you can just keep things dry.

Adding toothpaste helps but you can't swollow and if you apply the god forsaken ENZICLOR is doesn't do shit. Sure you have to stay still for 15 mins and pray to thor that his mighty hammer will come down and take the pain away, take the GOD forsaken pain away and bring me peace for once. Is it that hard in world where clonning might be possible to fix a goddamn issue which has plagued mankind since the start. Can't there be some injection that will numb the fucking affected area and make everything nice.

Can't I have my sanity and my energy that I could employ to do some real work. Do I have to succum to these jolts of pain which tear my mouth apart and force me to brace myself. Do I have to keep myself from picking up some needled and poking the damn things. I am not going insane, far from it. I can see the lights going on and off, I can smells flowers, it's not like I am seeing my dead over and over again and it's not like I am hunting for a Dark Tower that is far far away and in place where the world has moved and the flowers are all red and the sky is still blue but it turns black when I come near the tower. I am not looking for door, maybe I might look for door if the offered me relief, maybe when I clench my fist and hold my breath and pray to thor that by opening this degraded door I might step into another world where peace and happiness still matters and where I can just getting myself fixed. Maybe I am looking for those door, maybe when I step into my car and power on the ignition I pray to myself that I might crash and get transported into a world full of heat and desert, in a world where killing doesn't hurt and suriving is something that you must do, or maybe I am living in that world. One look outside will be enough for me, with all these fucking helicopters flying and some religious nuts running around calling out their GODS, yes GODS not one GOD!. They're fools who think that some GOD who they call ALLAH will save them, I guess I am just describing some goons I know in real life.

All in all, I just wish that this pain would away and leave me be, leave my slim and tired body alone and let me rest, just one quick nap is all I want, it's 3:36 AM and I just wish I could sleep.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011

Nice. Around 1:50 they start using a hammer and chisel on the fucker.

At 4:30 they really start to go for it.
  • edited June 2011
    sounds like OP needs to man the fuck up