Russian man dies burying himself alive

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Yo dude! I like got this Fucking Great Idea. Yeah?
A Russian man died after burying himself alive in a friend's garden in the Far Eastern city of Blagoveshchensk in an endurance test that went wrong, according to investigators.

The 35-year-old man wanted to test his endurance and asked his friend to help him spend the night buried, according to Alexei Lubinsky, a senior aide to the region's chief investigator.

The two men dug a hole in the garden and put inside an improvised coffin with holes for air pipes. The man also took a blanket, a bottle of water and a mobile phone.

The victim's friend told investigators he covered the hole with planks and earth to a depth of around eight inches and then went home, after receiving a phone call from his friend telling him he was fine. The next morning, he found his friend dead.

Investigators speculated that a rainstorm overnight could have blocked the air supply to the coffin.

"We know that the victim was a computer programmer and that he has a small child," Mr Lubinsky said, adding that he probably was influenced by reading stories about self-burial on the internet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8549707/Russian-man-dies-burying-himself-alive.html

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    You gotta pass the time somehow.
  • edited June 2011
    If I was stuck in a small hole in the ground and it began to rain, and I had a cellphone with which to call someone, I'd call someone to come and get my ass out of there.

Actually, I wouldn't get myself stuck in a small hole in the ground in the first place.
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited June 2011
    If I was stuck in a small hole in the ground and it began to rain, and I had a cellphone with which to call someone, I'd call someone to come and get my ass out of there.

Yeah but who knows, maybe he fell asleep.
    Also the cellphone reception might not be the greatest underground.
    Actually, I wouldn't get myself stuck in a small hole in the ground in the first place.

Have to agree on that, this seems to be a good candidate to this years darwin awards.
  • edited June 2011
    Holy shit man. Stories like this actually make me feel claustrophobic, I hate the idea of being buried underground.
  • PhadrixPhadrix New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    What a stupid idiot...

... to bury himself without a bottle of vodka!

Anyway, he'd be a pretty good candidate for a Darwin Award - but alack, he has a child. That disqualifies him. Too bad.

Crazy Russians...