Killer cucumbers in Europe!

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The death toll in Germany from an outbreak of E.coli caused by infected cucumbers has risen to at least 10.

The cucumbers, believed to have been imported from Spain, were contaminated with E.coli which left people ill with hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS).

Hundreds of people are said to have fallen sick.

More.

Comments

• LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, thats what you get for eating sallads...
    I noticed most of the infected were middlaged and older women, and we all know women eat more sallads right? :rolleyes:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, thats what you get for eating sallads...
    I noticed most of the infected were middlaged and older women, and we all know women eat more sallads right? :rolleyes:

The first thought that entered my mind when I heard about the demographics was that they had been shoving them up their vaginas.

As Germany, and they are all fucking perverts anyway, I will wager they have been shoving them in every hole they have then putting them in their mouths.

t1735348x612fbe.jpg

Just like that.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    The first thought that entered my mind when I heard about the demographics was that they had been shoving them up their vaginas.

As Germany, and they are all fucking perverts anyway, I will wager they have been shoving them in every hole they have then putting them in their mouths.

t1735348x612fbe.jpg

Just like that.

QFMFT
  • PhadrixPhadrix New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »

t1735348x612fbe.jpg

Just like that.
    as bad as this epidemic is, that was a good one :D
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for the contribution OP. In the future please refer to these guidelines for posts in this section.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2452

12345char:facepalm:
  • edited June 2011
    In Germany a health official admitted the precise source of the disease may never be traced. Reinhard Burger, head of the Robert Koch Institute, told the BBC: "I think the number of cases will come down, but how long it takes I'm not sure. It could be indeed weeks or months and I'm not sure if we will really find the source." The RKI reported 365 new cases on Wednesday and said a quarter involved a life-threatening complication.

Source.

I can't blame them for accusing the Spanish of being dirty fuckers though.
    edited June 2011
    Source.

I can't blame them for accusing the Spanish of being dirty fuckers though.

Yeah, the reason they thought it was from spain is that they found EHEC in the cucumbers, they just found out later that it was not the exact version that was responsible for the outbreak... :facepalm:

And the spanish have the nerve to bitch about it.
  • PhadrixPhadrix New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    Latest news about this is that they now apparently found the source (this time for real).

The disease apparently has sourced from a company that is processing sprouts (such as bean sprouts and other).
    They don't know it for sure yet, but a worker from that company has got ill with EHEC now, so they are quite certain.

Poor spanish cucumbers can't do anything for it and all got annihilated...
    edited June 2011
    Phadrix wrote: »
    Latest news about this is that they now apparently found the source (this time for real).

The disease apparently has sourced from a company that is processing sprouts (such as bean sprouts and other).
    They don't know it for sure yet, but a worker from that company has got ill with EHEC now, so they are quite certain.

Poor spanish cucumbers can't do anything for it and all got annihilated...

Looks like the sprouts might not be the source either...

BBC News: E. coli outbreak: First German sprout tests negative

What i was wondering about is that all the contaminated food could already have been eaten or thrown away as the incubation time is so long (3-14 days?) could mean the source will never be found and it will just die out after a while. The more recent cases could be from human transfer.

Edit: Ah looks like it was mentioned in the article too:
    "They will wait for test results from the remaining 17 samples for final confirmation. However, the prospect remains that no trace of E. coli will ever be found, since any contaminated produce would have been farmed and on the shelves weeks ago."
  • edited June 2011
    Y'know I can't read this thread without feeling a pang of childhood nostalgia.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    Reading the title, I was thinking
    "WooHoo!"
    the_killer_cucumber_1305335.jpg