Have your war on terrorism, we have our war on dirt & rocks.

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Armored front end loaders?? WTF? :facepalm:
The army today unveiled its latest piece of kit, new $800,000 fully-armoured combat tractors.
The six US-made 16-tonne green machines - capable of 90 kmh - were put through their paces ripping around a paddock at Trentham today.
Officially named JCB High Mobility Engineering Excavators, or HMEEs, they are designed to operate with and support a deployment of armoured vehicles - clearing roads and removing obstacles.
Lieutenant Colonel Rian McKinstry said the new tractors will allow operators to be protected from enemy fire, while clearing routes, building fortifications, or doing road works in dangerous areas.
The army has bought six of the vehicles, at a cost of $4.7 million. The cost included spare parts.

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    That's something the engineers are using. Here's the key term
    allow operators to be protected from enemy fire, while clearing routes, building fortifications, or doing road works in dangerous areas.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    That's something the engineers are using. Here's the key term
    I guess I see the point, since you've put it that way. What we lack in fire power we acquire in civil engineering.
    I just could've seen the money put to better practical use in this politically fucked up country, than investing it in pointless military pro'wl'ess :(
  • edited June 2011
    C'mon, look at them, they are so very badass, bob the builder meets G.I. Joe, what more reason do you need to spend a few million?

5122842.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Wow british armored tractors look gay
    should have picked up some surplus D-9 anti-Rachel Corrie bulldozers
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited June 2011
    C'mon, look at them, they are so very badass, bob the builder meets G.I. Joe, what more reason do you need to spend a few million?

5122842.jpg

I want one, with a MK19/.50 cal on the roof.

Noone would try to cut infront of you in traffic, atleast not twice... :angry: