The food nazis!

iLickPussyiLickPussy Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Ok so recently on the radio i heard that our first lady (the ugly horse faced bitch) and some other bitches want to attack places like mcdonalds and burger king's kids meals because they want food to be more healthy for your kids. They assume they know whats best for your kids just like the think they know whats best for all of us. I personally dont care if america is the fattest country in the world! If somebody wants 2 double cheese burgers with extra cheese and meat (making them triples, obviously), 2 large fries, and a diet coke thats there business. Im not the one who is gonna back up the pipes to there toilets so why is it anyone elses concern? I thought this was the land of the free? Seems to me that its the land of the do what i say or else now.... I wonder what the "or else" is??? What do you think it is!

Comments

• ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    iLickPussy wrote: »
    Ok so recently on the radio i heard that our first lady (the ugly horse faced bitch) and some other bitches want to attack places like mcdonalds and burger king's kids meals because they want food to be more healthy for your kids. They assume they know whats best for your kids just like the think they know whats best for all of us. I personally dont care if america is the fattest country in the world! If somebody wants 2 double cheese burgers with extra cheese and meat (making them triples, obviously), 2 large fries, and a diet coke thats there business. Im not the one who is gonna back up the pipes to there toilets so why is it anyone elses concern? I thought this was the land of the free? Seems to me that its the land of the do what i say or else now.... I wonder what the "or else" is??? What do you think it is!

Americans have demonstrated that they severely lack self-control. That alone isn't a bad thing. The problem is that they then expect free (or cheap) medical care when their bodies start to break down in their 40's and 50's.

I'm all for free will, AS LONG AS you are willing to pay the consequences for your actions. In our bailout-centric society, consequences are a thing of the past. This is why you have an explosion of "culinary nazism". Of course, the legislators creating these food laws are exempt from them, and have gold plated health plans that will keep them rotting in their beds in to their 90's. That is until disgruntled individuals start going around and "pulling the plug" on them.

Get ready for some fireworks in the coming years...
  • iLickPussyiLickPussy Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    I'm all for free will, AS LONG AS you are willing to pay the consequences for your actions.

agreed!!! Ive never had to go to the doctor except for regular check ups and why?! Because i already eat healthy and exercise regularly! And i dont push my lifestyle on the fat people i see in the mcdonalds drive threw as i ride by on my bicycle. Its our choices, and i love the fact that we have them, which is why the food nazis piss me off....
  • FTWFTW Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    I think there should be a change. If you look into how fast food is designed, it's severely addictive. So is it fair, to give someone fattening foods that will be addictive? I'm personally over-weight, but my parents are hardcore chefs. So I just eat a lot of food and I have no medical problems associated with food. My doctor says I probably wont have any either. The issue is, the fast food isn't only fattening it has other horrible chemicals in it too. Being fat isn't the problem, it's putting junk into your body that is. THEN you expect people to take care of you, but how can you blame them? McDonald's successfully has them addicted to food that will kill them, Watch "Super Size Me" quite interesting.
    edited June 2011
    FTW wrote: »
    I think there should be a change. If you look into how fast food is designed, it's severely addictive. So is it fair, to give someone fattening foods that will be addictive? I'm personally over-weight, but my parents are hardcore chefs. So I just eat a lot of food and I have no medical problems associated with food. My doctor says I probably wont have any either. The issue is, the fast food isn't only fattening it has other horrible chemicals in it too. Being fat isn't the problem, it's putting junk into your body that is. THEN you expect people to take care of you, but how can you blame them? McDonald's successfully has them addicted to food that will kill them, Watch "Super Size Me" quite interesting.

I have seen super size me and that does not change my opinion what so ever. So you're saying a repeat offender (and i mean someone arested many many times more then a regular criminal) is a victum because they say they are adicted to it, so we have to give them what they want and let them stay out of jail??? No! Mcdonalds is to blame for making it an adicting food but not everyone is adicted! People who eat it BECAUSE THEY WANT TO should not be stopped because others scream and cry "i cant stop, its adicting"! There has to be some fine line in there somewhere. A fast food franchise being held responsible for making people fat then being forced to change, but a lifetime criminal getting arrested over and over from 1991 to 2010 still gets to be free to do whatever he wants!!! Wheres the equality in that?
  • FTWFTW Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    That's fine if you eat it because you want to, but the majority of people aren't educated of the horrible effects of the food. I think there should be change in the marketing, so that people know what the hell they're eating. Not to mention that someone committing high crime isn't let as much as you seem to think. Petty crimes, perhaps. Not to mention, you can't change a person, like a criminal, who effects other people. But you can change the environment, such as McDonald's. Also, in a larger view, what will happen if it's just let to grow? Thousands will die, by there own choice or not is irrelevant. They still die, don't they? A large population of America, is like a new born child in that aspect. Uneducated. Do you let children die, because they want to, or do you stop them?
  • edited June 2011
    It's pretty easy to know what's healthy for everyone; we're all built more or less the same. The thing is, the people who eat - and for some, I imagine, subsist on - McDonald's are poor. They can't afford to eat well, or even afford access to the information they would need to do so. In the interest of being nice, legislating basic nutritional guidelines for large chains like McDonald's is an alright idea. I doubt it would make people much skinnier though, unless prices went up.
    edited June 2011
    FTW wrote: »
    That's fine if you eat it because you want to, but the majority of people aren't educated of the horrible effects of the food. I think there should be change in the marketing, so that people know what the hell they're eating. Not to mention that someone committing high crime isn't let as much as you seem to think. Petty crimes, perhaps. Not to mention, you can't change a person, like a criminal, who effects other people. But you can change the environment, such as McDonald's. Also, in a larger view, what will happen if it's just let to grow? Thousands will die, by there own choice or not is irrelevant. They still die, don't they? A large population of America, is like a new born child in that aspect. Uneducated. Do you let children die, because they want to, or do you stop them?

Ok that marketing part i agree with you completely! They should definitly stop the shitty commercials with skiny fit people and show there real consumers! That, in my opinion would open peoples eyes like nothing else can! And what do you consider petty crimes? Strangelation? Possion of handguns (multiple times)!? Burgulary (atleast 6 times)??? Yes this is someone specific im talking about, and can prove it! Wonna see???
    edited June 2011
    It's pretty easy to know what's healthy for everyone; we're all built more or less the same. The thing is, the people who eat - and for some, I imagine, subsist on - McDonald's are poor. They can't afford to eat well, or even afford access to the information they would need to do so. In the interest of being nice, legislating basic nutritional guidelines for large chains like McDonald's is an alright idea. I doubt it would make people much skinnier though, unless prices went up.

I agree. But i dont think healt food should be forced. Plus, usually when you force things on people it pushes them further away from the direction you want them to go. I think there should be options PLUS A FAIR HONEST DETAILED PLACE TO FIND REAL INFO FOR FREE!!! That way more people are open to learn more and more willing to try more because its there choice.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that McDonalds makes you fat and unhealthy. It's amazing the abundance of calories you can get from the dollar menu, while a pesticide free apple costs $900 million dollars.

Shitty food is cheap and kills you. If you aren't smart enough to figure that out after eating it and then shitting blood for six hours straight, then perhaps you should "phase yourself out"...
  • edited June 2011
    The real cause of this problem is the blissful ignorance many people live in regarding the source and makeup of the foods they eat. I watched a news show about "Surprising amounts of fat in supposedly healthy foods!", they took some items like spinach dip, veggie quesadillas, and caesar salad, and showed people the nutritional breakdown. I was :facepalm:ing at every shmuck who was surprised at the massive amounts of fat and cholesterol in items like this, one guy even said "how can it be bad for you?, it has vegetables in it". Again;:facepalm:

People know that fast food is bad for them, but for some reason they think that tossing a few green peppers and onions in a boatload of cheese makes it healthy. Deceitful marketing is another problem, a great example is when the government set guidelines for the amount of sugar in children's breakfast cereals, instead of lowering the sugar, they lowered the portion size. Yet another;:facepalm:

Another big problem is the need for more income for families brought on by rampant property speculation, and foolish use of credit. Instead of starting out in a tiny apartment, with a beater car, and second hand furniture, new families take on massive debt loads on credit cards, mortgages, store credit, and auto loans.

Hey, awesome!, we have a new car, new furniture, a nice condo, and pay 1/4 of our income to service the debt load, we now both work 50 hour weeks, and have no time to cook, so we eat out and do take home a lot. We didn't bother to learn how to cook, because neither real men or liberated professional women should spend any time in the kitchen in the first place. Money is all that counts, and even if we die of heart failure while our kids are still in school at least we can do it in front of out 52' 3d lcd tv. This deserves;:facepalm::facepalm:

And lets not forget deliberate government misinformation, like the "food pyramid". The number of servings of starchy foods is way too high. A good diet contains reasonable amounts of fats and oils, the extra calories are easily balanced out by reducing the amount of carbohydrates. Reducing carbohydrates prevents blood sugar spikes, preventing high blood sugar reduces obesity and type 2 diabetes. Corn/wheat/potato producers want you to think the foundation of a healthy diet is ample carbs, and their industry lobbyists make sure the governments official line on nutrition backs this up. There are not enough;:facepalm:s for this.

Truth is, the corporate profit agenda is assfucking the dietary health of western nations. We are being brainwashed to believe that eating out and eating convenience foods is okay because it allows us to pursue a lifestyle that is beyond our means financially. Now that the costs to the health and welfare of the people are smacking them in the face, they want to slap regulations on the food. Bullcrap, if people can't eat out, they will eat shit food from the freezer at the grocery store, if they can't do that they will find some other way to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.

Here's a thought, make eating well as much a priority as buying stuff, this means working less, so you have more time to cook your own food. Wait to buy stuff until you have at least 50% of the cost saved, until then, sleep on an air mattress, watch the crt tv from your friends basement, and drive a shitbox car. Slowly accumulate the things you want while maintaining a balanced lifestyle, and teach this to your kids. Make food and nutrition a central element of your life, a priority for which you will do without luxuries and property that will do you no good when you are dying of heart failure.

The idea that the government can affect such a large system by regulating only one aspect of it is idiotic, and caters only to those who "want something done about this problem right now!". The real problem is a society that values possessions more than health and welfare, the problem is us.

C/O
    "food and politics, better get a beer"
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    You know what this whole Michelle Obama Vs "Unhealthy foods" debacle reminds me of?
    The PMRC the 80's by "Tipper" Gore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center

• edited June 2011
    Childhood obesity is a problem, and something needs to get done about it.

If parents will not be responsible enough not to feed their children happy meals and cheeseburgers multiple times a week, they should be forced to stop with some law.

It's illegal for parents not to feed their children, so why should it be legal for them to feed children such an unhealthy diet? It's fucked up, but there are kids out there who drink nothing but soft-drinks, and eat almost nothing but processed foods, and not only is it fucking them up, but it's costing things like medicare a hell of a lot of money.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    @culinaryoverlord - Excellent post

@justanotherasshole - Half of me agrees with you. It's pathetic that people are so ignorant about food and buy into the bullshit on TV about happy meals (they don't make you happy, but they do make you shit blood). It's not supposed to be this way. People should take care of their kids, but the vast majority of Americans are nothing more than extremely vain consumers. This is why America will fail very soon. What happens after that is anyone's guess...

Tyranny is not the answer to stupidity and complacency...
  • edited June 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »

Tyranny is not the answer to stupidity and complacency...

There is a difference between tyranny and protecting the health of children (Who, being children, cannot provide for themselves or make educated decisions about their diet, and must rely on someone to do it for them).

Is it tyrannical to force the people taking care of a child to provide it with a certain standard of living and care, as is already the case?

C/O
    "food and politics, better get a beer"

It's marketing and advertising. It's consumerism.

Almost everything about the attitudes, beliefs and priorities of the general population of the U.S., and even our government has been molded and sculpted to perfectly suit private corporations (Which makes sense when you consider that the country was founded by very wealthy men).

Not only that, but they've got regulatory bodies and groups like the FDA at least partially in their pocket, reassuring the American people of the safety of many dangerous and unhealthy products, drugs and foods.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    When you take away free will and individual responsibility, society has failed. I know what you're saying, and this is why the libs want to sterilize most people. I don't blame them, but you have to let nature weed out the unfit.

To me, a parent feeding their kid junk food is not as bad as the countless children we bomb every day in the Middle East.

shotgazanchild.jpg