Gun control?!

iLickPussyiLickPussy Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Gun control:

Whats your opinion on the whole idea of "gun control"? Me personally i hate the idea of it! A bunch of old motherfuckers i have never even met gets to control what i can and cant have?! Like a fully automatic rifle for example. Ok even if i could legally own one i probably wouldnt because id rarely use it on full auto cause i would go threw so much ammo. Its just the idea that i couldnt have one if i wanted it bad enough that i hate.
Whats your take on that?

Comments

• ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    iLickPussy wrote: »
    Gun control:

Whats your opinion on the whole idea of "gun control"? Me personally i hate the idea of it! A bunch of old motherfuckers i have never even met gets to control what i can and cant have?! Like a fully automatic rifle for example. Ok even if i could legally own one i probably wouldnt because id rarely use it on full auto cause i would go threw so much ammo. Its just the idea that i couldnt have one if i wanted it bad enough that i hate.
    Whats your take on that?

Gun control means hitting your target on the first shot...

Now that we've got that out of the way, things are only going to get worse. It's not the end of the world that full autos are banned. You can fire almost as fast manually (unless you're talking big machine guns). However, what I can almost guarantee will happen is you'll start to see a major crack down on magazine capacities. My prediction is that they will limit magazine sizes to 4-5 shots, and they will need to be fixed (require a tool to eject the mag).

With the fully auto ban, pre-ban purchases are still legal (better make sure you have FULL documentation). I believe it will be the same in the future: whatever you purchase now will be fair game, the ban will only affect sales going forward.

The gun community is fairly small compared to the rest of the brick shitting population who actually believe Muslim terrorists are a real threat to us and that the key to salvation is continued support for Israel. They will go along with these bans out of fear, and their numbers are greater than ours.

My suggestion, SELL YOUR SHIT and start stocking up on guns and ammo now while you still can. Then spend you time finding places to hide them. You seriously need to start caching weapons all over your region. Don't keep your entire stock in one safe in one house. That's just plain stupid.

Things are going to get REALLY fucked before they get better. Trust me.
  • iLickPussyiLickPussy Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    Things are going to get REALLY fucked before they get better. Trust me.

Im with you 100% on everything you said. I can believe they will limit alot more then they are now and even now things are pretty limited where i live. I cant even shoot my .22 in my own back yard! My own fucking property!
  • FTWFTW Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    What happens when some crack head buys a fully automatic gun? The easiest way to stop that, is to limit everyone. I'd rather a few restrictions than mass homicides. Not to mention the fact that you can't make everyone happy, and the safety of the general population is more important than someone being upset at not being able to shoot their gun for entertainment.
    edited June 2011
    FTW wrote: »
    What happens when some crack head buys a fully automatic gun? The easiest way to stop that, is to limit everyone. I'd rather a few restrictions than mass homicides. Not to mention the fact that you can't make everyone happy, and the safety of the general population is more important than someone being upset at not being able to shoot their gun for entertainment.

Obviously a crack head wouldnt be able to get one legally! Its hard enough for a regular person to get a gun of anykind so what the hell makes you think it would be easy for a "crack head" to get one??? Besides stealing one??? And not to mention whats on there mind is the drugs so they most likely would try to sell it for more drugs.... Then, whoever they sell it to could possible rob a store, gas station, bank, or whatever BUT thats the point of a fucking gun safe and or hiding them!!! Someone breaking into a house or whatever is going to go after what the see first to get out as soon as possible! And what happens if people are home when someone tries to brake in??? Hide in a closet covering your ears while closing your eyes to wait for them to leave to call the police who might not even find them anyway.... Or worse.... Let them hurt or kill you or your family?! FUCK THAT!!!! And hell yes its wrong for everyone to not be able to have fully auto rifles just because peple like you are afraid "a crack head might get it"! Plus, its not your choice to say what i cant do with my free time! Its my entertainment and il enjoy it all i want!
  • edited June 2011
    In principle, I think all people should own whatever they want provided it doesn't directly and necessarily affect others in any tangible way. In practice, and as a criminal, I'd prefer that, if anyone, I be the only motherfucker with a gun. :p
  • FTWFTW Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Obviously a crack head wouldnt be able to get one legally! Its hard enough for a regular person to get a gun of anykind so what the hell makes you think it would be easy for a "crack head" to get one??? Besides stealing one??? And not to mention whats on there mind is the drugs so they most likely would try to sell it for more drugs.... Then, whoever they sell it to could possible rob a store, gas station, bank, or whatever BUT thats the point of a fucking gun safe and or hiding them!!! Someone breaking into a house or whatever is going to go after what the see first to get out as soon as possible! And what happens if people are home when someone tries to brake in??? Hide in a closet covering your ears while closing your eyes to wait for them to leave to call the police who might not even find them anyway.... Or worse.... Let them hurt or kill you or your family?! FUCK THAT!!!! And hell yes its wrong for everyone to not be able to have fully auto rifles just because peple like you are afraid "a crack head might get it"! Plus, its not your choice to say what i cant do with my free time! Its my entertainment and il enjoy it all i want!

Look at it this way. There must be equality between what a criminal has, and what you have. Most petty criminals are VERY hard pressed to find automatic weapons, that's because you don't get them either. Most criminals have handguns, which is what everyone has. Once the gun thing has been leveled out, everything's left to chance. Not to mention, if you can level things out with lesser guns why move it up? Now everyone has machine guns, that means more dead. What you do in your free time irrelevant to me, however what you might do with a loose gun law, isn't what someone else would do. What you might use as entertainment, someone might use as a weapon. Also, please work on your spelling, it's atrocious.
    edited June 2011
    FTW wrote: »
    Look at it this way. There must be equality between what a criminal has, and what you have. Most petty criminals are VERY hard pressed to find automatic weapons, that's because you don't get them either. Most criminals have handguns, which is what everyone has. Once the gun thing has been leveled out, everything's left to chance. Not to mention, if you can level things out with lesser guns why move it up? Now everyone has machine guns, that means more dead. What you do in your free time irrelevant to me, however what you might do with a loose gun law, isn't what someone else would do. What you might use as entertainment, someone might use as a weapon. Also, please work on your spelling, it's atrocious.

Dont worry about the spelling. Im not trying to be perfect, thats not important to me. But what is important is that if they can get them easily (which i seriously dout) then why should it be illegal for me to get one?! That really is backwards! In any case, who would you rather get one easily? Someone who would use it against you, or someone like me who would use it to help you if you need it even if you pissed me off not even 3 mins before?! Like i basically said before, it shouldnt be someone elses choice if i have one or not.
    edited June 2011
    In principle, I think all people should own whatever they want provided it doesn't directly and necessarily affect others in any tangible way. In practice, and as a criminal, I'd prefer that, if anyone, I be the only motherfucker with a gun. :p

DEAL!
    edited June 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    I LOVE guns, kinda

I like to own them, i like to hunt with them. I like to buy boxes of 555count .22shells and blast them all day long through my marlin model #60(if i recall correct). shooting ciggaret butts from 40+ feet is cool!

But about 8 times in my life i have found myself running angry people with guns.usually i didnt even do anything wrong.Just some assholes like to shoot at/near people, or whip them out during a conversation to [try] to show they are the "big man".i think its lil dick sydrome. I have never ponted a gun at anyone but once i did carry a ruger .357mag rev. for a few days.My shotgun was almost always in my truck. Hell even nowdays i ALWAYS have a switchblade on me just because you NEVER KNOW what dumbass is guna fuck with you

I have a marlin model 60 too. I have the old one that holds 18 shots. I just painted it olive drab (camo green)! Id post pics of it if i knew how.
    edited June 2011
    YUP the 18 shot is what i had! had that gun since i was 5 or so. But mine was marked by WesternAutoSupply and cost $60 back in 70-78` im guessing new with a shitty scope and cleaning kit. I still have the scope.

VERY accurate for a bottom dollar .22 Slight jamming problems with the soot from cheap ammo but my gun as shot prolly 1 MILLION rounds :D All American classic

Yeah i hate the cheap little bbgun scope too. Ive only used that scope 2 times and dont even wonna bother zeroing it. But yes i love how the ammo is so cheap! I can get 50shot box for under $3 at walmart. (i usually get 200 at a time though)!
    edited June 2011
    If you wana see the gun make some amazing shots, use a brass brush on the barrel and buy some good shells. These guns are WAY more accurate then the bottom dollar shells.

Which brands do you get? I usually get remington .22 lr but have wanted to try some others and see what they're like.
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited June 2011
    Gun control is tyranny. 'Nuff said.
    edited June 2011
    theGeneral wrote: »
    Gun control is tyranny. 'Nuff said.

Agreed 1,000,000% if it were possible!
  • FONFON Regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck gun control. Let the terrified idiots kill each other I say.
    edited June 2011
    What practical use do you have for a fully automatic gun? They are impractical for hunting. The only use's for them is the "rock and roll" factor ( which another poster has mentioned, you can fire a semi-auto just as fast as MOST fully automatics) and assaulting people. The only place I know of that has had any success with legalizing fully automatic weapons is Switzerland. Every adult male is trained and issued an automatic assault rifle at age 20. Their gun violence is one of the lowest in the world. They also have a low amount of minorities, which probably also helps with the violence thing. So, what do you need an automatic weapon for? Besides having some fun every now and then.

How big is your backyard? Are their any houses behind yours? Roads? Paths?

I do not know where you are from, but in MN, all I have to do is walk right on down to the gun shop, and I can walk away with as many shotguns/rifles as I can afford. Even for pistols, after the week it takes to process the permit to purchase, I could walk down to the store again and get as many handguns as I would like. Granted the store might have a "cool off period" of about 3-7 days before I could actually receive my firearm ( My friend got a Glock 20 recently for his job, and I am checking with him about the pistol info. I will update this post when he tells me whats up), but the point stands. Its not hard to acquire firearms.

Theres no one behind my house. We have neighbors on both sides though. The back yard is pretty big. It takes 2 days to cut the grass without over heating the mower so its not that. And we have a 45 day waiting period after we fill out the permit and license paperwork, then when you are actually able to purchase one you have to wait anywhere between 10 to 30 days. So, here it is not easy to get one just like that. Maybe i should move to where you live! Seems to be my kind of place.
    edited June 2011
    fuck guns, i feel that switchblades,rocks,40oz glass bottles and[finely made spazz brand] molotovs to be the most fun.........

:D:D:D

Hahaha! Okay, you have a good point there.
    edited June 2011
    Update from previous post: Heard from my buddy, after you get your permit to purchase or conceal and carry, you can walk out of the store that day with your pistols.

Do you have a yardage on your lawn? Cause around here it is ilegal to shoot a firearm within 100 yards of any household. Its that way for safely reasons, it helps, especially with all the retards in the world. That doesn't stop me from shooting off of my deck though, I am on private property on a god damn island. As far as I know, there hasn't been a sheriff on this island for 50 years. Besides the two DNR and two sheriffs that hang out for 8 hours on the northshore for the 4th of july.

Where do you live? Just a country or state is sufficient. The process your described sounds like the licensing procedure to get a class III license here. Class III is fully automatic firearms, silencers and such. Of course you need clean criminal history.

That is one of many reasons I love MN, if I want a gun. I just stroll on down to the gun shop and walk away with it. :D:thumbsup:

Im in indiana. It is pretty hard here to get hand guns (legally anyway) so it sometimes seems to be not worth the wait which i think is done for that reason.... Anyway, my neighbors are only beside the house. The yard stretches out kind of far from my house alone. Indiana is one of those states you grow up in being told "do what i say, not what i do" and get ticketed for things other states wouldnt even stop you for.... Maybe i should move! Haha.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited June 2011

Your right to "entertainment" ends where other's right to safety begins.

This is coming from a mild gun enthusiast.
    edited June 2011
    No offense to anything I say in this post, I am talking about that "state" and not you.

That there is your first and most severe problem, I really hope you don't live anywhere near Gary or I-90. Gary is the biggest shithole I have ever seen and it is infamous with anyone who has ever had the misfortune of driving through it. Every time I have to drive through any part of indiana, I bypass it completely. Even if it adds 4 hours to the drive, it is worth the added time.

You should move.

/rant.

Gary is about 2 hours from where i live and yes it is a shity city. But where i live is alot better the that. Lower crime AND better looking streets. Alotta abandond buildings on the south side of the city but most of them are either being torn down or reused for something else after much needed repairs. I guess i couls see why its so hard to get one with a shitty city not so far away. Probably has to be fair laws for all cities i guess.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    Gun control is a joke...

Today (here in Kalifornia) I tried to purchase three new firearms (Ruger Mini-14 stainless, Ruger Gunsite Scout .308, and a Remington 870 Express Tactical shotgun - look em up). Rules have changed in the last six months (my last purchase). They wouldn't sell to me because my driver's license doesn't have my home address on it. It has a mailing address for obvious security reasons. So tomorrow I get to wait in line at the DMV for 3-4 hours to get a printout that has my home address on it. Then, I get to pay $30 in fees to the state for a background check and then wait 10 business days before I can actually receive the guns.

Or, I could drive 2 hours to Mexico, acquire probably 6 or 7 guns for the price of the 3 listed above, and be back home in time for dinner (a white boy like me in an empty car won't get stopped at the border).