Ron Paul 2012?

theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I really think he's the best hope for America. He can unite fiscal conservatives and social liberals. His opinion that America needs to reduce it's global military presence is something that should be seriously considered. Thoughts?

Comments

• blink182blink182 Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Fuck Ron Paul. He's an old fuck who will get nothing done. He says nice things sometimes but we all know none of it will happen. I like Obama but he hasn't done shit... Why? Because the president doesn't even have that much power. These guys go in thinking they can change shit, then they hit a wall when they inherit pessimistic American citizens and a congress full of dumbshits.

Also I think it's just stupid to support Ron Paul because of a few things he says and just ignore everything else.
  • Oral BOral B Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Ron Paul is an idiot.
  • edited June 2011
    Ron Paul hugs hajjis
    He should have gone dem a looong time ago, maybe even start up a Sharia party
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2011
    I like Ron Paul but the jews will never let him win.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    I like Ron Paul but the jews will never let him win.

This, this and this again.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2011
    Ron Paul is exactly what this nation needs which is exactly why he will never get the nomination.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2011
    Yes a Moslem loving Alzheimers patient is exactly what we need:facepalm:

Wow I didn't know he had Alzheimer disease. So which muslim does he love? In other words think what you want little piggy I am not going to try to teach you to sing or try to make you change that awful tune you are currently plugging away at.
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited June 2011
    :facepalm:

What I've noticed is that 99% of the people who bash Ron Paul are just brainwashed/ignorant statists. "Muslim lover", "liberal", lmao. Yeah. Keep drinking the koolaid of your corporate owners.

Fact is, Ron Paul is the most conservative and pro-American of all the presidential candidates. The constitution and bill of rights run through the veins of this great man.

If you don't believe me, do some research.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited June 2011
    what ive noticed is that an over whelming majority of people like this guy when he comes up in conversation either in real life or online. this is not something that happens all the time. i just hope that the people that truly believe in him go out and fucking vote. it always amazes me how many people dont vote and then bitch incessantly about the current people in power.
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited June 2011
    what ive noticed is that an over whelming majority of people like this guy when he comes up in conversation either in real life or online. this is not something that happens all the time. i just hope that the people that truly believe in him go out and fucking vote. it always amazes me how many people dont vote and then bitch incessantly about the current people in power.
    Most people that talk about Ron Paul are going to be voting for him.

There are extreme anarchists out there, who, while sympathizing with Ron Paul's beliefs in less initiation of force, believe that even taking part in the political process is hypocritical, and that the state needs to be abolished entirely.

I usually make the point that it is better to at least try and get someone like Paul into power before we start to consider dismantling the state entirely.

Even if you aren't an anarchist, though, I see no reason not to support him. The others(with the exception of Gary Johnson) do not give a flying fuck about you or anybody else but themselves.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    IMO Ron Paul is the last decent politician we have left with the integrity and will to do what Abraham Lincoln and JFK tried to do, get rid of the bankers. Unfortunately we both know how they both ended up, and third time the establishment sees them coming. If he some how mysteriously pulls a Jesse Ventura and gets into office I cannot imagine him lasting long. At his age of 75 this really is his last chance. The system knows they just have to hold him and the millions of followers off for just another go-around before they all just give up and fall back into disappointment and disillusionment.

I want to see him win and if he got on the card I'd vote for him (voting for the first time ever) because I can't see voting for anything else in this country, and by doing so I'd just support and illegitimate and corrupt system. Knowing the above in my heart and belief I try not to get my hopes up because the uphill battle he has. This system is so fucked and the sad thing is there isn't a politician worth a fuck that could come after Ron Paul. Rand Paul is still knew and I hear another "Paul" is thinking of getting into politics, but really any of his sons are still a long ways away from learning the system in D.C. and prepping for a presidential campaign like their father.

If the people really want change it'll be Ron Paul vs some douche bag Democrat. If the ticket isn't that this country is lost, for good.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited June 2011
    His age shouldnt be an issue, even though I know for a fact it will be. It hasnt been one so far but the media will spin it to be. At 75 years old this guy is fucking articulate. Hes in great health for someone that old. I mean the republican debates so far should be a testament to this. He held up with everyone else and definitely stood out from the other contenders
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    I will be voting for Ron Paul because I no longer play the "lesser of two evils" game. Even if it means Obama gets re-elected, I'll vote for Paul.

It turns out "freedom" is pretty popular with the American people, which is why he actually has a chance this election. Faux News tell their sheep that he is unelectable or that he is too old. They give lie after lie about him and his message. Watching just one of his speeches is enough to create a new fan and make them realize that there is a vicious smear campaign out there against him.

The thing about Paul is that he doesn't believe in flying around the world and bowing to other world leaders. They can come here if they want to discuss business. Less travel means less stress on Paul, which is good. I don't see him pulling off more than one term, so he needs a very strong running mate. Not only to keep the spirit of his message alive, but to step in when the CIA makes Paul "expire in his sleep".
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Republicans :thumbsdown: