Girl "solves" Global Warming.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I don't subscribe to the whole Global Warming theory, but this is neither the place nor topic to discuss it. In fact, I think this thread will be full of facepalm pics.

Whatever, watch!

:facepalm:

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow, :facepalm: is she a cheerleader by chance or just inbred?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2011
    No, she is just young and from a generation who's education sucks.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited June 2011

AHEM...*WHOSE
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't see what's wrong with this idea. Seems flawless :o
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    This used to be a question on the entrance exam if you wanted to study engineering:
    "If you put an open fridge in a perfectly isolated room and you let it run, will the temperature in the room decrease, stay the same or increase?"

Off course, now they cut the entrance exams because they discouraged too many potential students. So about half the people starting engineering studies can't answer this question correctly, and about 10% can't even give the right answer if the principle of how a refrigerator works has just been explained to them.

"I see ... dumb people!"
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited June 2011

I can back this up. :(
    My generation is terrible.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't forget to allocate some of the blame to the generation that teaches them.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, I hope that guy is tappin his little sister. She's so cute even without a brain.

Did anyone else get that feeling the guy at the end was slowly putting his head down to his palm holding the camera lol.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited June 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    This used to be a question on the entrance exam if you wanted to study engineering:
    "If you put an open fridge in a perfectly isolated room and you let it run, will the temperature in the room decrease, stay the same or increase?"

Off course, now they cut the entrance exams because they discouraged too many potential students. So about half the people starting engineering studies can't answer this question correctly, and about 10% can't even give the right answer if the principle of how a refrigerator works has just been explained to them.

"I see ... dumb people!"

:facepalm:

You can't be serious. And they cut the extrance exams?

UUUAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    Or we could install a dome around the earth and add windows to the dome. That way, when the earth rotates, we could wind the window down and enjoy the cool air coming in ..... or wind the windows up & turn on her air conditioning :facepalm:
    edited June 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Don't forget to allocate some of the blame to the generation that teaches them.

Most teachers are younger than me.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    Most teachers are younger than me.

Ain't got nothing to do with generations / age. It's simply a clear case of "Keep the masses dumb, scared and hungry."

Keeping us dumb has been going on for a while. Keeping us scared has shifted from the sovjets to the terrorists. Keeping us hungry has just started.

The western world has accumulated a shitload of wealth thanks to the creation of the middle class. Now a small very powerful elite is destroying the middle class while sucking up all its wealth. They will not only own the land, resources and factories, they will also be the only ones smart enough to actually do anything with it all. The pauperized masses will provide cheap labour in return for "protection, food and shelter".

Hello slavery by any other name.
    edited June 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    Ain't got nothing to do with generations / age. It's simply a clear case of "Keep the masses dumb, scared and hungry."

Keeping us dumb has been going on for a while. Keeping us scared has shifted from the sovjets to the terrorists. Keeping us hungry has just started.

The western world has accumulated a shitload of wealth thanks to the creation of the middle class. Now a small very powerful elite is destroying the middle class while sucking up all its wealth. They will not only own the land, resources and factories, they will also be the only ones smart enough to actually do anything with it all. The pauperized masses will provide cheap labour in return for "protection, food and shelter".

Hello slavery by any other name.

All of what you say is true but you are missing the point, as usual. What is being taught in public schools now is shit compared to even 10 years ago. It has been made progressively worse with each generation. So before anyone other young whipper snappers get their panties in a knot we should understand it is not their fault they don't know shit it is the schools fault.