baking dried shrooms in cannabutter-infused brownies

xbcnfujvxbcnfujv Regular
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
hi

can dried shrooms be baked and still give you a trip?

i want to make a shroom/cannabutter combo edible in the form of an oven-baked brownie!

the combination of the two would be spectacular!

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Comments

• LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't know if it would work or not, although I can't see why not. Seems like a waste of cannabutter though. When I'm losing my fucking mind on mushrooms weed has no effect until i'm coming down.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    No, the good stuff in shrooms is destroyed by heat, that's why you can make shroom tea, but it isn't a good idea because it weakens the shrooms.

So sorry.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    that's why you can make shroom tea, but it isn't a good idea because it weakens the shrooms.

Fuck man, could have fooled me. I thought the theory was you just aren't supposed to boil shrooms.
  • edited July 2011
    Better idea, take the shrooms and grind them fine in a coffee grinder, then mix them, the canabutter, and a little heavy cream in with some melted semi sweet chocolate, roll the result into small balls once it is cooled enough to hold it's shape, and roll them in cocoa powder, result; truffles of a higher order.

I wouldn't eat them myself, and I love my drugs. I like using beer to keep a good mood for most of an acid or shroom trip, but I save the weed for the comedown. I hope someone tries it though, I am curious as to whether the effects will combine, or if one will be dominant.

One more thing, and I say this with utmost respect to the OP, things like canabutter and weed extracts are for those with access to considerable amounts of low to moderate grade weed. If you are buying good bud, it's probably better just to smoke it, and eat the shrooms, unless you are planning a dinner party, and I'm invited.

C/O
    "you got your mushrooms in my canabutter!"
  • edited July 2011
    It seems to me that heat generally destroys the good stuff inside the mushrooms, so baking would probably fuck things up in terms of potency.

You could however, make a tincture, and then continue letting the alcohol evaporate off until you have a very small amount (Because the stuff probably tastes very horrible), then add it to something like a glass of juice or a smoothie or something.

http://www.shroomery.org/6274/Mushroom-Extract
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2011
    Better idea, take the shrooms and grind them fine in a coffee grinder, then mix them, the canabutter, and a little heavy cream in with some melted semi sweet chocolate, roll the result into small balls once it is cooled enough to hold it's shape, and roll them in cocoa powder, result; truffles of a higher order.

C/O
    "you got your mushrooms in my canabutter!"

I'm gonna try that as soon as i get some shrooms and money
  • BoomslangBoomslang Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    you could grind the shrooms up and mix them with frosting and frost the pot brownies with it. No heat used on the shrooms at all.
  • edited July 2011
    Boomslang wrote: »
    you could grind the shrooms up and mix them with frosting and frost the pot brownies with it. No heat used on the shrooms at all.

Good idea, probably want to make it very chocolatey or minty icing though, welcome boomslang!:hai:
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Hobbit wrote: »
    Just use the mushrooms to make some 'shroom tea' and then make some pot brownies to eat with the tea !! :D

Congratz on being a fucking retard and not reading the thread dumbass.