angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
This is why.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/06/silkroad/
I knew this was to good to be true.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Just reading it makes me wonder why it took so long, still we can do something here.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    This is why we can't have nice things.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    FUCKING SELLING DRUGS ONLINE? WDF!!!! HOPE ALL THOSE JUNKIE/DRUGGIES FUCKERS GET THEIR ASSES PWNT TOO LUCKY U BITCHES WERE ON TOR
  • edited June 2011
    MORAL OF THE STORY:
    KEEP YOUR SOURCES TO YOUR OWN DAMN SELF, OR PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST IN REAL LIFE
    dumbfuck kids ruining a good thing for everyone

I was in a good mood and now I'm mad, so I'm going to improve my mood and everyone else's by posting a picture of a dead moslem:
    vzHrb.jpg

ETA: we're in the golden age of the internet, pretty soon shit like the sillk road will be impossible so enjoy it and make hay while the sun is shining
    but don't be a fucking moron who feels the need to impress people he's never met by posting about his great source
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited June 2011
    That's fucking disappointing. Don't get me wrong. I've never bought anything from there, nor do I think I ever would.

It was really interesting to check the site now and again just to see how much growth it'd seen. When I first went there, there were maybe 3 vendors and a total of 8 things to buy.

Also, the firearms link always amused me. Think I might've dropped some money had anything good been posted...
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I hate the waves of kids who go onto the "Deep Web" expecting some kind of playground. It's a weird place that helps and impedes people in whatever way, and so fucking what? Nobody complained about this site before, but thanks to dickheads who can't keep their mouths shut, this has happened.

I never used the Silk Road, by the way. I just support the concept.
  • edited June 2011
    Wow, and I thought I was at least scratching the surface. I can't be bothered to put in the kind of time it would take to get deep into this, it is for respectable people who don't want to be caught making back alley deals, and have the time and resources to play with. If I was a middle class suburbanite who liked to blow my brains out on the weekend, it would be cool as fuck.

C/O
    :eek:
  • edited June 2011
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited June 2011
    its not closed. the website was getting slammed with all the publicity. they are getting better servers. it was still up as of yesterday for members. its just currently closed for registration
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited June 2011
    And this is why people aren't allowed nice things :/

Never used it or even been on it but as has been said it's an good concept. Sounds like a good way to find some of the more interesting things.
  • YouForgotPolandYouForgotPoland Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    It's still open for those of us who signed up before they received over 2500 members. Once it hit the media, thousands of new members joined and shit got kind of crazy. Right now they are saying they will probably reopen once the media shitstorm dies down and they work out all the problems with the currency system and the servers.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    I've been aware of this site for a while (never underwent a transaction) .

The .onion network is pretty resilient. It's designed to be very difficult to trace the server, at least as difficult as it is to trace a computer using tor.

I'd imagine it'd be hell for law enforcement, can't easily trace the client and can't easily trace the constantly changing server and on top of that no money trail.

It'll comeback under another guise to be shutdown again. rinse and repeat.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Wow. That was interesting. Sucks they are getting so much publicity...
  • gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    registration is re-opened.

I've known about this site for awhile. Ive never used it though, the drugs are so expensive on there.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    gingerkid wrote: »
    registration is re-opened.

I've known about this site for awhile. Ive never used it though, the drugs are so expensive on there.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT (CIA/FBI/FDA/ETC)
  • gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT (CIA/FBI/FDA/ETC)

maybe, but i doubt it.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited June 2011
    Too fucking expensive. Most things are over twice, if not several times over what I could get them for around home. Although, if you're in a position where you make lots of money and can't afford the chance of going out on the street, then it is a nice service.

The electronics on there are pretty cheap though. Modded ps3 for around $100? Fuck yeah.
  • Applicat0rApplicat0r Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    It has a wikipedia page ontop of this all. I'd imagine theres probably many sites doing the same thing but it's just silk road's luck to be braught to public attention
  • HarlequinHarlequin New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    I've never done drugs (outside of drinking booze) and I'm not about to anytime soon. But I still support this idea. I think it's a safer way for users to get what they want and can potentially hinder the criminal aspect of it, giving sellers alternate avenues to sell their goods outside of going through the local gangs.

If it's back online again, then I'll be somewhat happy. :)
  • CASPERCASPER Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Thats really sad. Not just because teh durgz, but because it seemed to be a prospering black market based entirely on a separate e-currency. Just a cool concept.

One would be better off starting from the ground up, forming little cells in each city or state. The only people allowed would be people who were either verified by at least a certain number of members (through question/answer or some other method), or people who are vouched for IRL. It would be a very slowly growing community, and it wouldnt be available to just any Joe browsing the web for some blow...but it would be functioning and secure for the most part.

One can dream...
  • BoomslangBoomslang Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    I think it's just a great way to teach people about internet anonymity. In a world where more and more things are regulated and controlled it's nice to see that there's some freedom still out there.
  • edited July 2011
    So, what are the prices like?, if anyone wants to take a look for me, lets take a typical monthly shopping list;

Weed, mid grade, 1/4 oz;(I pay nothing)
    Cocaine hydrochloride, 60%+ purity, 1.5 grams;(I pay $110)
    Cocaine rock, %60 base appr., 1 gram; (I pay $10 per .1g)
    Xanax 5-10; (I pay $3/pill)
    Ritalin 5-10; (I pay $3-$10/pill)
    Heroin 3-5 .1g flaps, white hydrochloride salt, unknown purity; (I pay $10/flap)
    TFMPP/PZP/maybe some MDMA if I'm lucky, 4 caps; (I pay $3/cap)

Total monthly drug budget; $350 approx.

What would I pay if I was a bored suburban housewife buying dope online through silk road?

C/O
    "wow, that's a lot!"
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Support Dfg: 1Azx45gCqWgpgQszSqPyiRTzZUEj2BgosK

Ey mang send me some o' your bitcoins, I need to hit up this silk road place
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2011
    Harlequin wrote: »
    I still support this idea. I think it's a safer way for users to get what they want and can potentially hinder the criminal aspect of it, giving sellers alternate avenues to sell their goods outside of going through the local gangs.

I agree. There's no harm (imo) in people buying mind altering chemicals for themselves as long as the process doesn't harm anyone outside of this. It's definitely safer than buying on the streets, that's for sure. All I'm concerned about is blokes getting busted through the mail services that deliver these drugs to their door. Many silk road-esque sites allow dead drops however.