Fuck you Tor. Suck my big fat dong now.

ChupaloChupalo Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Dear Tor,

1. You are slower than fuck. I don't enjoy waiting 900 minutes for a page to refresh.
2. I am sick of having to re-login to all of my websites every 3 seconds.
3. You are more trouble than you are worth.
4. You suck.

The end.

Comments

• TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    I wish I could get tor on my iPod. :(
  • edited July 2011
    TOR is awesome, you've just got to set it up correctly. To do this, you need to choose your own entry and exit nodes. Open up your TOR configuration file and add these lines lines to the bottom of it, replacing node1, 2 and 3 with your nodes of choice;

EntryNodes node1, node2, node3
    ExitNodes node1, node2, node3

StrictEntryNodes 1
    StrictExitNodes 1

The entry nodes should be some fast ones, and the exit nodes should be fast but also in a good country too - Ukraine is a good one to pick, and so is Japan. Make sure no two nodes are in the same country too.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
    Quit looking at CP and you wont have a reason to use it. :P
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    TOR is awesome, you've just got to set it up correctly. To do this, you need to choose your own entry and exit nodes. Open up your TOR configuration file and add these lines lines to the bottom of it, replacing node1, 2 and 3 with your nodes of choice;

EntryNodes node1, node2, node3
    ExitNodes node1, node2, node3

StrictEntryNodes 1
    StrictExitNodes 1

The entry nodes should be some fast ones, and the exit nodes should be fast but also in a good country too - Ukraine is a good one to pick, and so is Japan. Make sure no two nodes are in the same country too.

I followed your other Tor thread and set those options back when I first installed it. I'm running Vidalia under Linux, and when I initially connect it does pick some of my preferred servers, but it keeps selecting others as well.

Is it ok to use Entry Nodes from my country?
  • edited July 2011
    Would you mind posing your TOR config file here for me? It should work just fine... As for picking nodes from your own country - you CAN do, but if you're looking for privacy then it's best to stay as far away from your own country as possible.