Best starter dose for Codeine?

edited July 2011 in Man Cave
Coming from someone who's only ever used Codeine before as a painkiller, what would be the best dose to start at for recreational purposes? I popped a very small 60mg dose about an hour ago and feel some relaxation and a bit disconnected - kinda like being slightly drunk but without the body effects. Other than that, a little itchy but it's not very bad.

Anyway, I realize that it was a very small dose, so yeah - educate me.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    If it were someone besides you I would say take them all.

What form is this in? Pill? If so, how much acetaminophen and codeine are in each tablet?
  • edited July 2011
    They're pills, yeah. Co-codamol in fact, which is unfortunate seeing as they have 30mg Codeine and 500mg acetaminophen in them :( I didn't want to post about that as I've already asked Totse about extracting the Codeine and someone mentioned CWE? I dunno.

But yeah, I took pills earlier (60mg) to see if anything happened. I didn't want to go over that as it would mean taking over 1000mg of Paracetamol, which is something I could do without ;)

Anyway, feeling really relaxed right now and quite warm inside. It's a nice feeling, really calm, listening to some Progressive House music right now.
    edited July 2011
    As for the codeine I have taken as much as 120 mg in one shot and been fine. But I have a high tolerance for opiates. As for the acetaminophen you should not take more than 4000 mg of acetaminophen a day. Taking more, especially 7000 mg or more, can lead to a severe overdose if not treated.
  • edited July 2011
    Interesting. Are you a regular user of Codeine/had many experiences with it? When you took 120mg, what was it like? I've been reading some trip reports on Erowid and they seem pretty cool, and it states the dose at the top which is handy too.

Thanks for the info on the paracetamol btw. Oh, and how quickly does tolerance build up on this stuff? I heard that Opiate addiction sucks balls. I have a shit load of pills left, haha.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2011
    CWE and 90mgs
    edited July 2011
    I have not messed with codeine in over 20 years. However in 2007 I was hospitalized for 12 days with a sever case of viral gastritis. They pain was such that they had me on a 100 mg fentanyl patch along with a morphine pain pump and an occasional shot of demerol. I came to find out from one of the nurses on midnight that they were dispensing my meds incorrectly and I was supposed to be getting the patch and either the pump or the demerol but not both.

The next day I mentioned this to the day nurse in one of the rare lucid moments I had during that stay. Not 6 hours later I was transferred from a Cleveland Clinic systems facility to a University Hospital facility. I was there another 7 or 8 days and was sent home with 100 mg patch and a script for a 75, 50, and 25 mg patch to be changed every 7 days. After close to 45 days of being hopped up an pharmaceutical grade opiates I went through about 5 or 6 days of hell.

Then 2 years ago I was rear ended and had my rotator cuff torn pretty badly. I was on 10/325 mg (hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen) for close to a year. If I was taking them just for the pain I would take one or two every 6 hours (no real buzz without a few beers). If I was taking them for a buzz I would start with 5 and take 3 to 5 more over the following 5 to 6 hours. This would get me pretty high and if I sat still even give me a bit of the nods.

The thing about any opiate with the Tylenol you will probably fuck yourself up easier with the Tylenol than with the opiate.
  • edited July 2011
    What can I expect to feel from 90mg? I quite enjoyed the current 60mg but it was a bit short and weak.
    edited July 2011
    Codeine is not nearly as potent as hydrocodone bitartrate. I know you said your were itchy. Did you feel energized by the 60 mg? When did you take the 60?
  • edited July 2011
    Was about 2 hours ago now. I was a little energized but that didn't last for long, I just felt relaxed after that, and a little warm inside. Didn't really do much else. Why?
    edited July 2011
    Just trying to get a handle on how your tolerance is based on my own experiences. I would say try 90 to 120 but not today because of the acetaminophen. You have already taken 1000mg if you take 3 or 4 more today you are not going to get as buzzed as if you wait until tomorrow.

Also try chewing them. I know most people think they taste like shit but you do get higher faster. Also drink a few beers right afterwards. Not too many though...
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah I'll definitely wait until another day before taking any more. Probably go for 90 next time, as that's one more pill than I took today. Not so sure about chewing them, but what about crushing them up before ingesting?
    edited July 2011
    I chew them for two reasons, because they get into your system faster and they don't sit in your stomach which can make your gutty wutz all tumbly. But that is just me. Crushing them first would probably get you off faster but I have never done it that way with any pills. I even used to chew Quaaludes in the 70's.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2011
    Cold Water Extraction
  • edited July 2011
    ^ Don't we have a guide on here about Cold Water Extraction? Is it any good? I'll have a look :)
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Don't we have a guide on here about Cold Water Extraction? Is it any good? I'll have a look :)

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=1613