Theories

lalalala Acolyte
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
in psychology. And Freud was a fucked up sonofabitch.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Please elaborate as to the nature of your thread, and why it qualifies as a bad idea.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    ^That, even with my limited understanding of this thread, I can't seem to find a good reason for it to be here.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    Incest is illegal
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011
    lala wrote: »
    in psychology. And Freud was a fucked up sonofabitch.

tits or gtfo
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    FRUED had a lot of deviant theories.

Did you know that Horney was Freud's most outspoken critic???
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    idk. i was shnookered.
  • BoomslangBoomslang Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Freud used to do a shitload of cocaine and fucked alot of his patients...
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2011
    Freud is a joke. Sure he made some memorable, often quoted, and sometimes honest statements. But most of his "ideas" and "theories" are a fucking joke.
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Boomslang wrote: »
    Freud used to do a shitload of cocaine and fucked alot of his patients...
    :eek:
    LSA King wrote: »
    Freud is a joke. Sure he made some memorable, often quoted, and sometimes honest statements. But most of his "ideas" and "theories" are a fucking joke.
    i have to agree.

the penis envy theory was the biggest crock of shit i was ever forced to read.
  • BoomslangBoomslang Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    He paved the path for psychology today though, and they still use some aspects of psychoanalysis
  • edited July 2011
    Freud was a step along the road to modern psychology, the fact that he was eventually proven wrong about a lot of things does not mean he was an idiot. Theories previous to Freud, Jung, and their contemporaries were equally screwy, human behavior was ascribed to a balance of 'humors' like yellow and black bile.

I think Freud put so much weight on things like oedipal fantasies, penis envy, and father worship because sex was still considered a taboo subject even among the medical community. It was the place nobody else was looking. The concept of early childhood desires and traumas having a huge effect on an adults psyche is still valid. The view today is much more 'enlightened', as it encompasses many more factors, but for his time, Freud was much more 'right' than those around him.

C/O
    "mommy?"
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    and when he was proven wrong, why in the hell did they bother to print material with his debunked theories? just to rub it in his face? to compare all the theorists side by side and see which one came out looking the worst? LOL
  • SnuzzlesSnuzzles New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    freud was on coke
    all the time

theyre teaching him again
    im a psych major and we learn lots of freud
    the profs apologize but theyre like,
    "he was right about some stuff kids"

send this to bltc
  • edited July 2011
    Apparently Freud was off the dope by the time he got well into the work we know him for, here is a great article;http://www.historyhouse.com/in_history/cocaine/

I wonder if there are any other neat "drugs in history" articles on this site, I am going to blaze and find out!
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Snuzzles wrote: »
    freud was on coke
    all the time

theyre teaching him again
    im a psych major and we learn lots of freud
    the profs apologize but theyre like,
    "he was right about some stuff kids"

send this to bltc
    i had to read extensive freud theories. it was torture. i would assume then, they are only teaching us that theories can usually be proved wrong by someone at any given time with their own theories. LOL. all scientists are theorists. look at global warming 'theorists'. they joke, they kid!
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited July 2011
    The best thing Freud produced was Jung
    edited July 2011
    The best thing Freud produced was incest stories
  • edited July 2011
    The best thing Freud produced was incest stories

Like to keep it in the family do you?
    edited July 2011
    Like to keep it in the family do you?

No, those stories are shit and they're the best thing that ever came of him (cwutididthar)
  • lalalala Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    seems to me he needed analyzing himself.