DIY Guide Ideas

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
edited July 2011 in Life
What sort of DIY guides does totse want. If you have any ideas post them here and I will try to write a guide on that topic

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Well, what sort of areas are you experienced in? DIY is a very broad subject ;)
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Electronics and radio are where i have the most experience but if anyone wants to contribute to any other DIY topics that they have experience in, let me know :)
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2011
    As much as I hate to say it, I'm starting to think that DIY forums are no longer needed in today's internet. What with google, instructables, MAKE magazine, hackaday, etc. that show you how to make nearly anything you could possibly want already.

Really saddens me in a way, I originally joined totse because of the DIY threads. Mainly the underground fortress/tunnel thread - I was in 6th grade around that time, and in that summer I had off of school I dug a 5 foot wide, 8 foot deep hole that was going to be a tunnel. Mostly through solid fucking rock, too (Hammers, air powered tools and lack of parental supervision FTW!).

Then again, it's more likely this is due to the lack of a community we have around here. I still really, really would like some time to just sit down with Jeff and talk with him, to hopefully better understand his decision (Assuming he's still alive). Why would a man with such a huge following and internet community destroy it all. *Sigh*
  • edited July 2011
    13579 wrote: »
    As much as I hate to say it, I'm starting to think that DIY forums are no longer needed in today's internet. What with google, instructables, MAKE magazine, hackaday, etc. that show you how to make nearly anything you could possibly want already.

Really saddens me in a way, I originally joined totse because of the DIY threads. Mainly the underground fortress/tunnel thread - I was in 6th grade around that time, and in that summer I had off of school I dug a 5 foot wide, 8 foot deep hole that was going to be a tunnel. Mostly through solid fucking rock, too (Hammers, air powered tools and lack of parental supervision FTW!).

Then again, it's more likely this is due to the lack of a community we have around here. I still really, really would like some time to just sit down with Jeff and talk with him, to hopefully better understand his decision (Assuming he's still alive). Why would a man with such a huge following and internet community destroy it all. *Sigh*

I can understand his reasons.
    Think about it. Look at where we are - where the world is at.

You'll get it.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'd actually like to see the DIY forum survive.
    Sure, you can find guides for all sorts of things all over the internet.
    However, how many of those sites can you discuss personal/efficiency tweaks to projects?
    That's what I always loved about the forum.
    I suppose that's the very definition thereof, though...

All that said, I keep thinking of posting another guide, but i either get too busy or can't think of anything.
    Sometime soon I'll post something about the lighting I used in my room for "mood setting".