Teenager turns off life-support because it 'kept him awake'

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Lol! Dumbass. :D
A teenager has turned off the life-support machine of a fellow hospital patient because he said he couldn't sleep with the noise.

Frederik Moelner's attempts to get some kip were interrupted by the noisy machine that was keeping the 76-year-old in the neighbouring bed breathing.

So the 17-year-old, who ended up in the intensive care ward after he was involved in a car crash decided to turn it off, reports Ananova.

Luckily medical staff at the hospital in Southern Germany quickly realised what had happened, and reconnected the lucky pensioner who survived.

They then contacted local police who are now investigating.
http://www.dailycognition.com/index.php/2007/06/25/patient-turns-off-life-support-because-it-kept-him-awake.html

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    That kid needs to be locked up until he understands that there are other people on earth.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    That kid needs to be locked up until he understands that there are other people on earth.

This or they should have smothered the fuck with a pillow.
    edited July 2011
    This or they should have smothered the fuck with a pillow.

If they locked him he could be smothered while biting the pillow.
  • edited July 2011
    some old almost dead bitch is in the bed next to me keeping me awake with her loud ass machine and i just got fucked up in a car crash. i'd wanna turn that shit off too, she's pretty much dead anyways
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Jesus fucking CHRIST. They should put him on a machine then turn it off because "it costs too much". Little shit.
  • edited July 2011
    Wow, that guy's an asshole. I get pissed when stuff keeps me awake, but if it was keeping someone else ALIVE then I think I'd learn to live with it :facepalm:
  • edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Wow, that guy's an asshole. I get pissed when stuff keeps me awake, but if it was keeping someone else ALIVE then I think I'd learn to live with it :facepalm:

she's 76 and it's fucking breathing for her, she's pretty much dead anyway. just wasting space and money. FUCK HER
  • AndersHovelandAndersHoveland Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    I respectfully disagree with everyone so far.

Have you ever tried to sleep in a hospital? It is very difficult.

The hospital should not have been crowding two people in the same room like that. When you are not doing well, you need privacy and quiet! I can certainly understand that the boy just got frustrated at the intrusive noise. Being stuck in a place with some continuous annoying noise that is beyond one's control can drive one near to insanity.
    The old person did not have long to live anyway.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    I respectfully disagree with everyone so far.

Have you ever tried to sleep in a hospital? It is very difficult.

The hospital should not have been crowding two people in the same room like that. When you are not doing well, you need privacy and quiet! I can certainly understand that the boy just got frustrated at the intrusive noise. Being stuck in a place with some continuous annoying noise that is beyond one's control can drive one near to insanity.
    The old person did not have long to live anyway.

Oh hi Anders. It looks like the conspiracy has been debunked everyone. Make up a new reason that zoklet is down.

On topic: Correct it is nearly impossible to sleep in a hospital. I don't think I'd take someone off of life support over it though.
    edited July 2011
    Oh hi Anders. It looks like the conspiracy has been debunked everyone. Make up a new reason that zoklet is down.

On topic: Correct it is nearly impossible to sleep in a hospital. I don't think I'd take someone off of life support over it though.

Did you seriously just feed that troll?
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    lol future kevorkian :thumbsup:
  • AndersHovelandAndersHoveland Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    I highly doubt the machine was really actually necessary. Hospitals love hooking people up to machines, whether they need it or not (they did it to my otherwise healthy brother when he got scraped up a little bit in an accident) The old person probably could have survived well enough without it.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited July 2011
    the guy next to him was 76? he has lived long enough its ok.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2011
    the guy next to him was 76? he has lived long enough its ok.

Holy fuck this.

He might be a horrible person for doing this, but who's idea was it to keep these people alive?

What social or economical value does a 76 year old guy that has to be in a hospital, hooked to a machine to live bring to the world?

It matters if he was going to recover and be able to live life outside of a hospital, but if they were just keeping him alive for shits and giggles, it's rather pointless. The money keeping him alive could to go better causes. Sure, it's sad, but please think about it realistically. I would never want to be in that state.
  • aravingreenaravingreen Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    I have personal experience being in the ICU listening to the the alarms going off. I wanted to shut the damn thing off too but it was my own. My first thought was would someone shut that F'in thing off. My second was why the hell are you yelling at me. Third thought was what do you mean I'm not breathing. Oh shit, inhale
    Exhale! Your really quite out of it when your doped up on that Morphine. Obviously the guy was ready to leave the ICU if he was able to get out of bed and walk across the room. Crazy shit happens in the hospital..