wtf tree was this

1357913579 Death Cog Machine
edited August 2011 in Life
My and my friend were gathering fallen trees for a little fire and gettogether at my house the other night, and I pulled this tree out of the forest that had fallen, but was still attached to a stump.

When my friend started Ax-ing the tree some questions, it started bleeding.

A lot.

We filled up about 1/3 of a five gallon bucket. It looks like tree sap, but has the viscosity of water. It isn't flammable, and another of my friends said it tastes tree-like.

What can I do with this mystery liquid, and why was my tree bleeding?

Comments

• EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    Duh, It was bleeding because you hit it with an ax. +1 for being a man though because women and tree hugging hippies can hear plants cry.

But really, it sounds like the tree of life and you just slaughtered Gaia. Got any pics?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    More like it was cumming. I think it's just the fluid. You can dumb it on someone or wash things with it. What type of tree was it?
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2011
    Echidna wrote: »
    Duh, It was bleeding because you hit it with an ax. +1 for being a man though because women and tree hugging hippies can hear plants cry.

But really, it sounds like the tree of life and you just slaughtered Gaia. Got any pics?

:o

I have no idea what kind of tree it was. It was pretty much all dead except for the still attached to the stump part.
    But the sap shit was pouring out of it like a water faucet.

EDIT:

Trading this image for further information
    1311914668650.jpg
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    Need pic of tree
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Need pic of tree

Ashes are all that remain.

I'm tempted to replace somebody's maple syrup with the mystery liquid.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    A lot of trees have watery sap, such as maple or birch. Without pictures, we can't say for sure what tree it is.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    'I HAVE DONE AN ART'

Ahahahahaha
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    The dragons blood tree is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that does this, but I seriously doubt you live where it grows. There is also legends of certain trees (Dogwood) that on some days will bleed is stabbed, as the wood used to crucify Christ was made of Dogwood
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dogwood trees are also cursed, never to grow big again, so they can never be used to crucify someone.