ArmsMerchant lives!

ArmsMerchantArmsMerchant Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm here, I'm here--let the bells ring out and the banners fly. (Ahem.)

Just wanted to share that.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    ArmsMerchant is dead

omg:(
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome Mr. Sir.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back mate, I missed the old ArmsMerchant character. I had no clue you were Greyfox on &Z, everyone seemed so different from their Totse character.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's so good to hear it! :D
  • ArmsMerchantArmsMerchant Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    And I just made my first "real" thread--you know, with actual content and all.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Glad to see you got it working! Welcome to &T.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Just in case there are any doubters, I can vouch that this is the genuine ArmsMerchant [aka Greyfox]. I was just speaking to him by PM on Zok's death bed a short while ago.

Welcome buddy. ;)

How do we know he's not you?! :o:o:o
  • edited July 2010
    I was really hoping you would make it over here Greyfox. We need all the original totse members we can get... I hope you stay as a contributor and just ignore people when they act immature towards you. Your posts are almost always highly informational, original, and helpful. But, if you can't put up with a few people being rude, then I doubt you'll want to stay very long considering we're trying to give people almost unlimited freedom here. If you ever feel like you're wasting your time just know that you ARE appreciated and people DO take life lessons away from your posts. I really, really hope you remember that, becasuse when push comes to shove your request for anything resembling censorship is going to be denied outright.
  • MR. HAIMR. HAI Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2010
    I really hope this is the real GF and not some poser. I hated what went down at Cocklet with GF.
    edited July 2010
    How do we know he's not you?! :o:o:o

I made the account and PM'd Greyfox the details on Zoklet since he was having trouble registering. He said he was glad to feel wanted. This is the real ArmsMerchant.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Quick get a Mana Potion, Greyfox.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I made the account and PM'd Greyfox the details on Zoklet since he was having trouble registering. He said he was glad to feel wanted. This is the real ArmsMerchant.

I know, I was just playin
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    What ho old chap.
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited July 2010
    The time is near.
    edited July 2010
    I know, I was just playin

Well played.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    sweet :cool:

I was hoping you would come check this place out, and with your old handle too! I saw the ArmsMerchant account had been registered but I wasn't sure if you were the real thing.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    The world needs more people like Greyfox.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    The world needs more people like Greyfox.

His power level is quite high. :o
  • woodwood Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good to see you here Arms.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's good your back, we need more people to flesh out the specialty forums.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    What's up Arms? Good to see you made it.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm glad to see him on here as well. I disagree with him on a lot of things but there isn't any doubt he's one of the most interesting posters there is.
  • Malcolm XMalcolm X Regular
    edited July 2010
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    anonymous wrote: »
    his power level is quite high. :o

it's over 9000..
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Well played.

Thank you old chap
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2010
    hia to you.
  • edited July 2010
    Glad you're here, man. Stick around and I'll mail you another Christmas card this year.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2010
    He's an extremest, you know. He only believes in too hot or too cold, black or white, right or left... there's no real middle ground with him. When he says "people being rude", he actually means spamming 10 year olds... the ones he's been freedom fighting for. The way Poast sees it, all the spamming idiots have rights too, and they're allowed to go right ahead and shit all over anything they see. Just wanted to fill in the blanks on that.
    Nothing personal, young man. I just hate fence-sitters. It's in my blood, I guess. I can't help it. ;)

Stop discouraging ArmsMerchant, and embrace your fellow extremist. :)
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    What's up old timer!
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    ArmsMerchant does not live. Be advised that nothing can truly live, as nothing can truly die.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    ArmsMerchant does not live. Be advised that nothing can truly live, as nothing can truly die.

you should make more comics with Greyfox as toothlessjoe from the future. I fucking lol'd hard at that one.
  • sAINTsAINT Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hope you get mod Arms:)
  • edited July 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    you should make more comics with Greyfox as toothlessjoe from the future. I fucking lol'd hard at that one.

2z4l2iu.jpg
    edited July 2010
    All this positive feedback is warming the cockles of my heart.

In fact, if my cockles get much warmer, I may have to rub some ice on them.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2010
    All this positive feedback is warming the cockles of my heart.

In fact, if my cockles get much warmer, I may have to rub some ice on them.

That or pay for some carbon credits. :D
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited July 2010
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    If it is the real ArmsMerchant, then he should be modded in SotD right now.
  • Issue313Issue313 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    You got to harvested what you sowed in zoklet arms, You were one of the first to hand out infractions and bans, and when I confronted you about it you claimed you were doing it for the "spiritual advancement" of the members. You probably didn't realise that censorship breeds ignorance, and injustice and inequality are always wrong.

Even if you think you have the moral right to boss around 13 year old idiots around on the internet because you're some big scary shaman, we're all pretty much just stumbling around in the dark with the mysteries of the universe, and no one has the right, or the ability to tell others the "right" and "wrong" things to do.

Your forums were getting more and more regulated, and more and more stagnant as time went on. There was scarcely any dissent of opinion on your forums, no rudeness was allowed, no sacred cows could be slaughtered, and there was no debate to be had.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome Greyfox!!! You are one of my favorite posters and I enjoy reading your posts in MGCBTSOOYG.
    edited July 2010
    ^Gee, where's that "Thanks" icon when you need it?
  • edited July 2010
    AM is not only a phoney, and a bad influence on people with his bullshit, he also sexual abused his 6 year old step-son by fingering his step sons anus and performing oral sex on him.
  • edited July 2010
    Issue313 wrote: »
    You got to harvested what you sowed in zoklet arms, You were one of the first to hand out infractions and bans, and when I confronted you about it you claimed you were doing it for the "spiritual advancement" of the members. You probably didn't realise that censorship breeds ignorance, and injustice and inequality are always wrong.

Even if you think you have the moral right to boss around 13 year old idiots around on the internet because you're some big scary shaman, we're all pretty much just stumbling around in the dark with the mysteries of the universe, and no one has the right, or the ability to tell others the "right" and "wrong" things to do.

Your forums were getting more and more regulated, and more and more stagnant as time went on. There was scarcely any dissent of opinion on your forums, no rudeness was allowed, no sacred cows could be slaughtered, and there was no debate to be had.

This as well. It was either "jump on the crazy spirituality hippie shaman band-wagon or fuck off"
    edited July 2010
    The stated quote contains so many errors I really don't want to spend the time needed to correct them all.

However, I never, ever took action against anyone simply for disagreeing with me. I did act against those who resorted to gratuituous obscenity, essentially content-free bullshit, hate language, or what the Supreme Court called "fighting words."

By an odd coincidence, those who complained the loudest turned out to have gotten the most infractions--from other mods.
  • Issue313Issue313 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The stated quote contains so many errors I really don't want to spend the time needed to correct them all.

Lies.
    However, I never, ever took action against anyone simply for disagreeing with me.

Yes you did, you admitted as much to me on the IGIAIM forum, when you said that you only gave infractions out to a bunch of people because you wanted them to "spiritually develop". I was using an account called "JREwing" at the time.
    By an odd coincidence, those who complained the loudest turned out to have gotten the most infractions--from other mods.

I had no infractions on Zoklet, apart from the one time "JREwing" spammed PEOO with pictures of J.R. Ewing from Dallas -just to piss -Spectral off, I thought it was funny to do.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010

However, I never, ever took action against anyone simply for disagreeing with me. I did act against those who resorted to gratuituous obscenity, essentially content-free bullshit, hate language, or what the Supreme Court called "fighting words."

Welcome to &T, I would suggest you start with a clean slate and forget the past. It would be better for everyone. Forgive and forget. Everyone has the right to speak here, we aim for equality. There is no mod ,no higher power here. It's just the community and you. Become part of the family Arms and help us make a difference.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Issue313 wrote: »
    Lies.

Yes you did, you admitted as much to me on the IGIAIM forum, when you said that you only gave infractions out to a bunch of people because you wanted them to "spiritually develop". I was using an account called "JREwing" at the time.

I had no infractions on Zoklet, apart from the one time "JREwing" spammed PEOO with pictures of J.R. Ewing from Dallas -just to piss -Spectral off, I thought it was funny to do.

Dude, forget the past. That was on Zoklet, this is Totse. Let it go.