Posting this from work

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hey, I know you have been missing me and trust me I miss you guys MOAR! But apparently you need to make a living to keep posting on Totse.
I have been going through hell IRL and I barely get time for sleep. I am currently sitting in an office making calls to AMERICA! The timings are odd for but the worst part is my stupid health. It seems I have some fucked up FLU and the pill I took is called Zoplan which made things worse. There was a water shortage here and I have to go to Petrl station and then a Mosque to take a dumb.

I work from 2100hrs to 7 Am and boy the environment is pretty great for working but alas I can't post on Totse while here. So, I am typing this on notepad and I am using portable apps with truecrypt to make a thread. Basically I log into the website and then write things on a pad and just it there and I read your responses when I get back to my place.

It's Ramazan here and it sucks. I am eating less and less and I can't even drink water in the open for ask for water, right now I am dehydrated and everyone around me is fasting in this shitty hot weather. And the worse part is the job doesn't allow me to work on different things. But hey I am probation right now but I will get my accent in place :D.

I did call on Free Live Radio today but had to backoff when everyone came back. I can make free calls to US ;), so if you wanna chat with me and help me get the accent right, just PM me the NUMBA and I will call you when no one is around.

I really, REALLY miss you guys. The whole world looks dry without you but this is just a transition in my life and I am determined to make my way through it. Oh, I am doing freelance as well. Which means I do an IRL job and then come back and work as a hired contractor AND if I had a Laptop I might even squeeze Totse into it.

Talking about Laptops, once we get some decent earning, I am going to get a Laptop and really start pushing things. In my home I can't use AC, so my productivity is limited but in the office I am in an focused environment. I am working hard to win over the boss here. I already showed my colors but I suck at speaking. I mean, I will be honest with you guys, the fucking American accent is hard to get rid off and the amount of hanged up calls you get really gets to you but I am persistant, so I am sure I will go through it. Once I have the accent in place and some confidence up,

I am going to start calling Free live Radio and trolling the fuck out of everyone :D.

Okay, its 6:41 Am, time to post this thread. I love you guys and remember, whatever happens I will be with you guys till my last breath.

ALL HAIL TOTSE and please keep contributing. I can't contribute but if I had some time and if I wasn't physically fucked up, I would be posting threads. Which I will do anyway, since I found a way to make things work :D.

Comments

• landolando New Arrival
    edited August 2011
    couldn't they kill you for posting on a forum like this? I herd Pakistan is pretty strickt bout that type of shit
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    Obviously he isn't dead.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    lando wrote: »
    couldn't they kill you for posting on a forum like this? I herd Pakistan is pretty strickt bout that type of shit
    Yes, they could if they find me. But like I said brah. I already checked things.
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Obviously he isn't dead.

Well, duh :P

I am back home and I can't keep my eyes open :(.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Call center work will make you want to kill yourself after a few months - try to fight it. Congrats though... I would send you some hardware, but I don't know about shipping and import taxes and shit.

It's only temporary. More like getting funding for something else. I don't plan to stick there. Since I can't step up my own show, I have to work here and there to generate enough funds to get my projects moving. Plus, I get to fix to my accent and stuff. So, it's a semi Win for me.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dfg you should post pics of Pakistan.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Hey, I know you have been missing me and trust me I miss you guys MOAR! But apparently you need to make a living to keep posting on Totse.
    I have been going through hell IRL and I barely get time for sleep. I am currently sitting in an office making calls to AMERICA! The timings are odd for but the worst part is my stupid health. It seems I have some fucked up FLU and the pill I took is called Zoplan which made things worse. There was a water shortage here and I have to go to Petrl station and then a Mosque to take a dumb.

I work from 2100hrs to 7 Am and boy the environment is pretty great for working but alas I can't post on Totse while here. So, I am typing this on notepad and I am using portable apps with truecrypt to make a thread. Basically I log into the website and then write things on a pad and just it there and I read your responses when I get back to my place.

It's Ramazan here and it sucks. I am eating less and less and I can't even drink water in the open for ask for water, right now I am dehydrated and everyone around me is fasting in this shitty hot weather. And the worse part is the job doesn't allow me to work on different things. But hey I am probation right now but I will get my accent in place :D.

I did call on Free Live Radio today but had to backoff when everyone came back. I can make free calls to US ;), so if you wanna chat with me and help me get the accent right, just PM me the NUMBA and I will call you when no one is around.

I really, REALLY miss you guys. The whole world looks dry without you but this is just a transition in my life and I am determined to make my way through it. Oh, I am doing freelance as well. Which means I do an IRL job and then come back and work as a hired contractor AND if I had a Laptop I might even squeeze Totse into it.

Talking about Laptops, once we get some decent earning, I am going to get a Laptop and really start pushing things. In my home I can't use AC, so my productivity is limited but in the office I am in an focused environment. I am working hard to win over the boss here. I already showed my colors but I suck at speaking. I mean, I will be honest with you guys, the fucking American accent is hard to get rid off and the amount of hanged up calls you get really gets to you but I am persistant, so I am sure I will go through it. Once I have the accent in place and some confidence up,

I am going to start calling Free live Radio and trolling the fuck out of everyone :D.

Okay, its 6:41 Am, time to post this thread. I love you guys and remember, whatever happens I will be with you guys till my last breath.

ALL HAIL TOTSE and please keep contributing. I can't contribute but if I had some time and if I wasn't physically fucked up, I would be posting threads. Which I will do anyway, since I found a way to make things work :D.

you were pretty tired when you wrote this weren't you. i can tell , you made lots of grammar mistakes , i mean you always do but i noticed you're making lots of them in this post. sucks you have to fast and all dehydrated. but that's life . life is a bitch that just screws you and screws you even harder when you're really down n out .
  • edited August 2011
    I'm glad to see that you're still alive and kicking Dfg :D You make me proud. I think your life is so interesting that someone could actually write a book about it, honestly. Anyway, glad to see you're still able to get on Totse. I seriously hope you're using an SSL enabled proxy though, or TOR. Oh actually, we don't have SSL here anyway :facepalm:

But seriously, get on a proxy. I don't want your ass to get vanned for posting here! Use my SSH tunnel if you want ;)
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    good stuff; keep working hard. What are you selling Dfg?
  • edited August 2011
    I have an SSH-encrypted SQUID proxy set up, but I don't know how much I trust you guys to not use it for sea pee

Pretty sure that's what unsecured WiFi connections were invented for ;) I don't do that shit anyway. Unless Motherless is classed as CP, but I certainly wouldn't hit that up on your connection anyway.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Dfg you should post pics of Pakistan.

This.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    I have an SSH-encrypted SQUID proxy set up, but I don't know how much I trust you guys to not use it for sea pee

Can I has it :)

Thanks for the responses and yes blindbat I was in a fucked up state when I wrote it and I used a Notepad and I was kind of keeping an eye on others while doing it. It was one type job. Next time I will use Word and format my posts :).

I am planning on writing guides now. Since I can't post JB etc. from there, I will just have to content myself with threads and posts created off line and then posted on totse when I come back home.

Slartibartfast, not really selling any thing. Just working on unclaimed assets at the moment. It's pretty fun.

Thanks Trx <3

Witch, I plan to post tons of picture and even videos in the neat future. I got my Digital8 Camcorder hooked up to DV and I can easily record videos now :D.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Man that sucks about fasting and the water. Here in the UK it's a fucking right to have water, so I'd kick up a potentially self-damaging stink if I were in your position.
    All the best though brah. Fuck Ramadan. They obviously don't take modern lifestyle into consideration and it really screws you around. Glad to see you're like the 80% of other "Muslims" I know who enjoy a bacon sandwich when the Elders have their backs turned ;)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Man that sucks about fasting and the water. Here in the UK it's a fucking right to have water, so I'd kick up a potentially self-damaging stink if I were in your position.
    All the best though brah. Fuck Ramadan. They obviously don't take modern lifestyle into consideration and it really screws you around. Glad to see you're like the 80% of other "Muslims" I know who enjoy a bacon sandwich when the Elders have their backs turned ;)

I would love to try bacon some day. I have to hid in my room to drink water. I mean it's bullshit. Fuck the fasts.
  • edited August 2011
    I know a family who does Ramadan... It's fucked up. They starve their 5 year old or however old he is, don't let him have a glass of water no matter how much he cries, etc etc. I swear if someone filmed it, it would be banned from TV due to it's graphically fucked up nature.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited August 2011
    This thread raises some questions:

1. Why are you calling it Ramazan? Thats what the Turks call it, but few others. I would understand if you were from some backwards Iraqi village that still used words from the days of the Ottoman empire, but in Pakistan?

2. If you are working nights, their is no problem with eating and drinking. It is only during daylight hours that the fast is observed.

3. If you are ill, you do not have to observe the fast - same if you are pregnant, breast feeding a child, are old and fucked, have a illness where you have to eat etcetera...

4. In cosmopolitan areas of all of the major Muslim nations, while it might be frowned upon to break the fast, the worst that will happen is people will look down upon you.

Remade - kids do not have to observe the fast - if the parents are 'starving' the child, that is child abuse from the parents rather than the religion.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    This thread raises some questions:

1. Why are you calling it Ramazan? Thats what the Turks call it, but few others. I would understand if you were from some backwards Iraqi village that still used words from the days of the Ottoman empire, but in Pakistan?

2. If you are working nights, their is no problem with eating and drinking. It is only during daylight hours that the fast is observed.

3. If you are ill, you do not have to observe the fast - same if you are pregnant, breast feeding a child, are old and fucked, have a illness where you have to eat etcetera...

4. In cosmopolitan areas of all of the major Muslim nations, while it might be frowned upon to break the fast, the worst that will happen is people will look down upon you.

Remade - kids do not have to observe the fast - if the parents are 'starving' the child, that is child abuse from the parents rather than the religion.

1. It's called Ramadan but people say it as Ramazan.

2. The fasting starts around 3:45 and ends around 19:07hrs. My job sort of ends at 7 and I have to pretend that I am fasting from 4-7 and even when I am home I have to play the pretend game.

3. Yes, it's allowed but when you're surrounded by Muslims it's best NOT to do it. I mean it puts you in spotlight, plus I am working to impress the boss here and learn the way he manages things.

4. Yes, that's actually the worst that can happen but it's sort of a Law here and you don't want people judging you behind your back. I mean they're at their worst when starved.

Kids under the age of <7 are an exception. I think I started fasting when I was 10. But basically they can eat while fasting, it's called a semi-fast. It's mainly to make the kids used to the concept.

Btw, I called General a few minutes ago. His reception was shitty and I had to keep my voice down. If anyone wants to have chat. PM me the number or send it via other secure methods. Make sure to delete the number from your PM box.