Resetting Biological Clock

blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
edited August 2011 in Life
I'm used to waking up in the afternoon (1:30-3pm) and staying up all night and sleeping all day; with my new Job I'd like to be on a regular cycle waking up around 7am and going down around 11pm. Any tips on how to do this quickly?

Comments

• MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    Take a few Tylenol PM's at around 9:30pm and set your alarm clock for 7am.

/thread
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited August 2011
    Yup, drugs are hands down the best for changing sleep schedules. last week i was going to sleep at 2 pm and waking up at 1am. Now i sleep 11am to 7am.

also, my body loves getting blackout drunk and i can sleep 5 hours and wake up feeling great instead of 12 hours and feeling like shit.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Go to bed at a normal hour and you will awake at a normal hour.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Early to bed, early to whatever.

The point is you have to force yourself awake for few hours and then go to sleep and keep increasing the time until you reach your desired goal, otherwise drugs.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    My body clock changes every day. I was up at 2am to 4am today then back to bed until 11am. Sometimes I go to bed at 8pm and others at 6am.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2011
    Sleep the 8 hours to the time you need to wake up for a week.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Early to bed, early to whatever.

The point is you have to force yourself awake for few hours and then go to sleep and keep increasing the time until you reach your desired goal, otherwise drugs.

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.

Benjamin Franklin
  • edited August 2011
    Usually when I want to reset my body clock, I'll stay up all night long and just go to bed at the new time the next day. Then I awaken the morning after at whatever time I need to be awake for, and it all sorta just works from there.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    Melatonin is the quickest way to change your sleep schedule. Take one about an hour before your desired bedtime, along with a good sleeping pill. It's available at any grocery/vitamin store. It's pretty commonly used amongst travellers to deal with jet lag.
  • Mudokon FarmerMudokon Farmer Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    Came in here to say melatonin. Thanks, FAG. :mad:
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    Came in here to say melatonin. Thanks, FAG. :mad:

The pleasure is all mine.