M16 or AK47?

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited December 2011 in Man Cave
I say AK-47 because of the durability. :o

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    You're an asshole. I mean really. I had this idea as well.

Anyway, you're doing it wrong.

Try this:
    Ak-47 or M16.

AK represent Cup D Size and M16 represent Cup B.

Got it.
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited April 2011
    I prefer making the sex and affections to AK-47.

The foreignness is quite alluring.:hai:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    That doesn't make sense though. Also this is lulzy and don't move it yet.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011
    Ah damn you were too late on the don't move it yet. I get it now though. Sorry.

Is there on for C cup? Right in between. I like grey areas.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    good query my good sir
    foreverelegant.png
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    M-16 is a far more effective weapons platform than the AK-47 (as it should be, given how newer the weapon is). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    i like the accuracy of the M16, but that ak was beast. m16 can't penetrate wood..
  • edited April 2011
    I've always liked the M16, especially when compared with an AK47. Then again, I know nothing about guns.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    C04097F6.jpg

thats not an M16 faggot

also OP, M16 all the way you fucking idiot
    edited April 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    thats not an M16 faggot

also OP, M16 all the way you fucking idiot

It's the closest I could find :(
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    AK for sure. that bullshit about AK's being inaccurate is fallacy. i own two ak's a bulgar and US made. The bulgar has a synthetic stock which is extendable and has a upper and lower rail system. The US made is aluminum alloy with quad rail system front and pistol grip with side folding stock, laser, flash light and red dot sight. the AK is an accurate rifle contrary to poular belief. the reason people think it is inaccurate is because many armies who use it give these rifles to children and untrained soldiers who do not know how to fire it.

the M16 may have less recoil and when fired full auto, better accuracy. however the difference is negligible when firing semi auto. and most militarys nowadays are trained to shoot three round bursts-center mass. if you do some research you will find that ceramic body armor, not high tech dragon plating or anything like that will stop 5.56 rounds with minimal body tissue damage, while on the other hand the AK firing the 7.62 will DESTROY the ceramic plates and still bring the person down and dead.

firing 15 rounds at 150 yards i can put all 15 rounds on a pistol target with an AK. all you need to do is know how to fire it. And when it comes to protecting my family I would rather fire one round and put a bad guy down and KNOW he is down then shoot him and him take the bullet standing and be able to return fire on me.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It's the closest I could find :(

sry bby
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    and bring peace instead of war , in this World we live in.:)

ya wouldnt that shit be nice. i dont think peac on earth will ever happen. like it or not we are fuckin animals with fuckin primal instincts which include kill fuck, eat, hurt, maim, fuck harder, eat more food, destroy shit, reproduce, fuck, kill, die. not to mention that our population is growing. the carrying capacity of the world isnt infinite ya know. someday resources will be run down to almost nothing and it will be kill or be killed. probably will have to eat who you kill also cuz there is no other food left
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Leave it up to Nick to fuck up a thread.

I voted ak simply for the looks. Dumb reason but hey fuck you right.

also this reason.

TY camera man.
    edited April 2011
    she can ride me the same way she rode the charging handle forward. which you should not do
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    de_aztec :thumbsup:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    way sexier

combatarms15z.jpg
    edited April 2011
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited April 2011
    M16. Accurate, and extremely flexible. The platform can essentially be a long range rifle, or a sub machine gun. Caliber can be changed. You also don't have to nigger rig it to have a reflex, sight, or scope.

The sight radius and picture on the Ak is pretty damned awful.

And whoever said military plate armor can't stop 7.62x39 is a moron. I've witnessed it. I believe it will even stop 7.62x54, although at that point your bones will be crushed and your insides will likely be extra gooey. There's a reason you use the plates in a kevlar vest. You don't just strap the fuckers on with duct tape.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited April 2011
    RDR_GoldenGuns_Screenshot-450x253.jpg

Clint Eastwood?
    edited April 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    Clint Eastwood?

John Marston ;)
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    M16. Accurate, and extremely flexible. The platform can essentially be a long range rifle, or a sub machine gun. Caliber can be changed. You also don't have to nigger rig it to have a reflex, sight, or scope.

The sight radius and picture on the Ak is pretty damned awful.

And whoever said military plate armor can't stop 7.62x39 is a moron. I've witnessed it. I believe it will even stop 7.62x54, although at that point your bones will be crushed and your insides will likely be extra gooey. There's a reason you use the plates in a kevlar vest. You don't just strap the fuckers on with duct tape.

All of this plus has anyone ever noticed that the side with AK's usually looses to the side with the M16s?
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited April 2011
    All of this plus has anyone ever noticed that the side with AK's usually looses to the side with the M16s?

The side with the AK's won in Vietnam.

Korea was a tie.

Iraq and Afghanistan are still warzones, whatever the US government may say, and I honestly don't expect the M16-carrying side to win anytime soon.

The only country capable of winning a war while carrying the M16 is Israel.
    edited April 2011
    Amie wrote: »

Korea was a tie.

Iraq and Afghanistan are still warzones, whatever the US government may say, and I honestly don't expect the M16-carrying side to win anytime soon.

1. I said usually
    2. Veitnam was lost in Washington D.C. not on the battlefield.
    3. There were no M16s in Korea
    4. The side with the M16s in both Iraq and Afghanistan are eating much better than the side with AKs
    5. Israel does not use the M16 as it's primary rifle.

The only advantage an AK enjoys over an M16 is it's ability to eat dirt and keep working due to sloppy machining tolerance in the design.

• edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    ^This is a Weapons and Comb at forum you mumbling monkey.
  • edited April 2011
    ^This is a Weapons and Comb at forum you mumbling monkey.

I take it that's his point.

EDIT: Also, Trolls trolling trolls
    edited April 2011
    Leave it up to Nick to fuck up a thread.

Qft
  • 5.56 SS1095.56 SS109 Regular
    edited May 2011
    if you do some research you will find that ceramic body armor, not high tech dragon plating or anything like that will stop 5.56 rounds with minimal body tissue damage, while on the other hand the AK firing the 7.62 will DESTROY the ceramic plates and still bring the person down and dead.

:facepalm:

Dude, shut up.

Also, M16/AR15 platform all the way.

The M16 is much more ergonomic and is infinitely more capable of being tailored perfectly to the job it needs to do. Even with stubby 11.5" barrels it is still pretty realistic to make a hit at 300 yards, whereas the trajectory of the AK47's 7.62x39 arches like a rainbow. 5.56 NATO is much more effective than 7.62x39 in terms of antipersonnel usage. Also flat top M16/AR15 variants are much easier to mount optics to, whereas the AK needs all kind of ridiculous mounts and adapter to even just half-ass the mounting of a sight.

While the AK is not bad, it is inferior to the M16 in so many ways.

Reports of AR15 unreliability come from goobers who buy cheap rifles and feed them with shitty ammo from bargain basement magazines.

Newsflash, the AK doesn't work when you use shitty ammo and shitty magazines in it either.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    if you do some research you will find that ceramic body armor, not high tech dragon plating or anything like that will stop 5.56 rounds with minimal body tissue damage, while on the other hand the AK firing the 7.62 will DESTROY the ceramic plates and still bring the person down and dead.

You obviously are just pulling shit out of your ass. If U.S. Military plate didn't stop a 7.62x39 round, there is no way in fuck we would be wearing them. That shit is heavy, uncomfortable, and makes you sweat like crazy. I've personally witness it stop a 7.62x54 that smashed in to the chest plate of a guy in my platoon. Didn't penetrate what-so-ever. He had some ridiculous bruising, but he was able to keep on living.

You slack jawed monkeys never seem to understand that they work in conjunction with the kevlar vest. We don't just strap the plates on our naked bodies with duct tape.

Get your facts straight before spewing your shit.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    I've owned several different AR's and AK variants, including higher-end Chinese AK's. The AR is definitely higher class. Less recoil/concussion, lighter weight, safety switch doesn't make a 'fffft-chlunk' sound, and it overall just feels like a more serious tool. Accuracy is certainly better, but either one is accurate enough for what I need. Having either is loads better than being unarmed.
    edited August 2011
    ^^ yeah right fag, look at your name you expect "us" to believe a faggot has owned

"several different AR's and AK variants" you queer. GTFO
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    ^^ yeah right fag, look at your name you expect "us" to believe a faggot has owned

"several different AR's and AK variants" you queer. GTFO

Luckily I live in a country where one's sexuality does not dictate their firearms privileges. Also fortunate to be able to trade guns private party without needing to pay the $25 fee each time.

Brief list of what I've owned:
    Converted Saiga
    Mak 90
    56-s
    lo-cap WASR
    hi-cap WASR
    S&W MP15
    DPMS Carbine

Also a couple mini-14's and an SKS, all of which were shitty. You may feel free to ask me about any of them if you decide to be constructive. Not rich or anything. I only own about 3-6 guns at any given time. I just try to make smart trades so I come out a little bit further ahead each time.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited August 2011
    I like the durability and stopping power of the AK; the accuracy and effective range (or lack thereof) are not a big concern for me.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited August 2011
    My vote goes for the M16. Granted the AK is a classic but I'd still say the M16 unless you want the recoil to make you the bullet.
    edited August 2011
    I like the durability and stopping power of the AK; the accuracy and effective range (or lack thereof) are not a big concern for me.

"Stopping power"?

Comparing military ball ammunition between the two systems, the 5.56 round that the M16 fires is always more terminally effective due to it's early tumbling and fragmentation over the bimetal jacket 7.62x39 ammunition typically issued with an AK47 variant.
    edited August 2011
    fag wrote: »
    Luckily I live in a country where one's sexuality does not dictate their firearms privileges. Also fortunate to be able to trade guns private party without needing to pay the $25 fee each time.

Brief list of what I've owned:
    Converted Saiga
    Mak 90
    56-s
    lo-cap WASR
    hi-cap WASR
    S&W MP15
    DPMS Carbine

Also a couple mini-14's and an SKS, all of which were shitty. You may feel free to ask me about any of them if you decide to be constructive. Not rich or anything. I only own about 3-6 guns at any given time. I just try to make smart trades so I come out a little bit further ahead each time.

pics or GTFO, oh wait you didn't think of pics when you bought your guns :rolleyes:
    edited August 2011
    pics or GTFO, oh wait you didn't think of pics when you bought your guns :rolleyes:

I don't see why you don't believe him as they are all standard rifles.

The Norinco 56 is the only rifle that really jumps out on that list and it isn't like there is only 5 of them in the world. They are easy to find, but they are on the expensive side as far as AKs go.

Chances are that he did own them, nobody would lie about owning a DPMS.

Hell if I owned a DPMS I'd lie and say I didn't ;)
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    The 56-s I got a smoking deal on..I got it with a near-full 1000rd case of ammo and a few mags for $750. Ended up trading it for a Benelli M4 w/ a Surefire forend on it. Cha-fucking-ching!

I do have pics of almost all of them. But for the simple fact that a lot of my trades are arranged thru internet trading posts, I don't want my IRL identity being tied back to my &T posts thru pics. Especially because some irate dipshit thought he was entitled to any sort of 'proof'.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    No..Mostly local stuff. There are quite a few hunting/shooting/offroading websites that have classified sections.
  • CrimsonCrimson Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    you know, a much better comparison would be the m16Awhatever Vs the Ak74 variants... closer in calibre size and a much fairer battle. if you wanted to argue 7.62, go FN Fal vs AK47....
    edited August 2011
    Crimson wrote: »
    you know, a much better comparison would be the m16Awhatever Vs the Ak74 variants... closer in calibre size and a much fairer battle. if you wanted to argue 7.62, go FN Fal vs AK47....

True.

But my opinion remains the same, even if we start talking about 5.56 AKs.
  • junkiemanjunkieman Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    This thread... yous guys are worse than /k/.
    m16 can't penetrate wood..
    Yes it can, just depends on the thickness. It wont be going through a full grown tree, but wood walls are like buttuh.

Ceramic plates are designed to withstand up to .308, or 7.62x51 NATO.
    If YOU did some research you'd know that ceramic plates shatter when hit, therefore they lose their protection after the first or second shot. With M855, you can shatter one of those plates and then put 100 more rounds in the fucker's torso thanks to your ability to carry more ammo due to its lighter weight. A 7.62x39 will not bust or pierece a ceramic plate more effectively than an appropriate 5.56 round.
    acid_drop wrote: »
    And whoever said military plate armor can't stop 7.62x39 is a moron. I've witnessed it. I believe it will even stop 7.62x54, although at that point your bones will be crushed and your insides will likely be extra gooey.
    7.62x54r will defeat ceramic armor.
    Amie wrote: »

Korea was a tie.

The side practicing GUERILLA WARFARE won in Vietnam, had nothing to do with their weapons. A lot of them still used SKS rifles and other, older weapons.
    You're acting as if these wars come down to weapons rather than politics. So I guess we should all throw away our AK-47s and trade them in for IEDs, right? Because thats like the only way those sand niggers are killing our people. Any war could be won, easily, if we didn't have any compassion for those we fight, and their civilian counterparts. I'm not saying thats the right thing to do, but you cant claim its the fault of one gun not being as good as another in an opinion.

Korea had neither M16s or AK47s.
    Stopping power doesn't exist. Shot placement is what matters. A 7.62x39 round will (most likely) go through-and-though on a torso shot, overpenetraiting. 5.56 will reliably fragment inside a torso, causing maximum tissue damage (as long as its within its reliable fragmentation range).
    Learn to shoot.

5.56 SS109 wrote: »
    Hell if I owned a DPMS I'd lie and say I didn't ;)
    Word.

newflipped.jpg
    ^ my Spikes rifle, pic a couple months old.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    ^^^

No thanks.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    Personally, I really don't give a fuck. They're both great weapons with their own good qualities. I personally feel the same about the big .45ACP vs. 9mm argument. If I got to have one for free out of the two, I'd probably go with the M16 despite being a bitch ass in comparison to clean. Chosen for no overwhelming reasons.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    Psychlonic wrote: »
    I personally feel the same about the big .45ACP vs. 9mm argument.

Do you mean .45 vs .357?
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    jugg wrote: »
    Do you mean .45 vs .357?

Is this the new thing to rage over online?

I really don't keep up with it anymore. There's definitely a need for equipment to not suck ass but some people take this shit WAY too seriously. They are all effective killing weapons and most can be desirable in various situations. If it's in your price range and you are good with it, good enough. Some are blatant junk, like DC-9s and some rounds too rare to consider for most of the time or an SKS or 10/22 riced out with magazines that love to jam, but largely the more important thing is being able to shoot better than the other guy, regardless of what weapons you have. Not to mention that with a little money and/or basic smithing skills, you can improve most of them beyond stock form. Ultimately, arguments like this boil down to preference and it's a waste of time worrying about. If someone likes an AK and you like an M16, who fucking cares?

Of course, this is recognizing that the original intent was probably not to create a big mess over it, but that's what it has become. Just throwing in my take.