At Auschwitz, future U.S. military leaders learn what not to do [MSNBC]

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
By NBC News' Donald Snyder
OSWIECIM, POLAND— In an upstairs room at the only remaining synagogue in Oswiecim, 37 miles west of Krakow, 13 future American military officers, clad in jeans and T-shirts, were wrestling with ethical questions in the shadow of Auschwitz.

The cadets and midshipmen were from West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy, and the honors program of the United States Coast Guard Academy. One, a 21-year-old Coast Guard student named Christopher Clifton, called the murderers who carried out the killings at Auschwitz “evil people who enjoyed doing evil to people.”

God this annoys me. I have been offered to go to Auschwitz in April next year for like, £400 and I can't take it seriously. Yes I may have some old Jewish inheritance, but goddamn I hate being an asslicker, not least with future US Military "Leaders" having this to "deal with"
As they were working, the students found a dying bird covered with flies. All agreed it should be put out of its misery, but they were reluctant to do the killing. Finally, Foley struck the bird with a hoe.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/05/7266998-at-auschwitz-future-us-military-leaders-learn-what-not-to-do

Comments

• 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited August 2011
    Panzy asses. Can't kill a goddamned bird.

How old are they?

"Evil men who enjoyed doing evil to people"

Sure, let's all just assume they were 'evil'. They had no motives other than this, no eventual goals, no future in sight. Completely ignore the relevant political and psychological reasons for their actions, let's just throw a blanket statement over everything.

They were just 'evil', nothing more to it than that. Of course, that makes us the good guys :rolleyes:

Gotta find the evil dooers before the evil dooers can do the things the evil dooers do *derp*
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    13579 wrote: »
    Panzy asses. Can't kill a goddamned bird.

How old are they?

"Evil men who enjoyed doing evil to people"

Sure, let's all just assume they were 'evil'. They had no motives other than this, no eventual goals, no future in sight. Completely ignore the relevant political and psychological reasons for their actions, let's just throw a blanket statement over everything.

They were just 'evil', nothing more to it than that. Of course, that makes us the good guys :rolleyes:

Gotta find the evil dooers before the evil dooers can do the things the evil dooers do *derp*

Any panzy can kill a helpless creature it takes a real man to show compassion.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    Sometimes killing something is a higher order of compassion

Remember that sentiment when your parents get old.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    Remember that sentiment when your parents get old.

My mom turns 50 next week, thanks TDR now I know what I'm getting her for her birthday.. :D