My father keeps eating our food.

HGMIVHGMIV Acolyte
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I am posting this thread in SG because I have no idea where else to post it, and &T is really the only forum I'm registered to.

My fiancée and I are expecting our first child in mid-September. I am 22 years old, and she is 20. We currently live with my father, who is 49 and makes approximately USD $90k a year. I am currently unemployed while she is on maternity leave, and her and I receive food stamps. It is more than enough to cover our needs, but we have a problem. My father, who travels, eats our food. It has gotten to where we have to hide some of our groceries, such as Cereal, in our closet to prevent him from eating multiple bowls of it at a time. We recently purchased a pack of lunch meats which cost about USD $3. My fiancée and I left for a weekend and when we got back more than half of it was gone. He drinks milk like there's no tomorrow and eats our eggs and bread almost before we get to use them. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. It seems to us like he relies on us for his food. The man makes a very large amount of money, yet does no grocery shopping of his own.

The thing is that I feel guilty about confronting him about it. He lets my fiancée and I stay in the house rent free, and he pays for my gas and pretty much everything else. At least once a week, he offers to take us out to dinner or lunch. It is extremely frustrating that we can not seem to even eat our own food, but I really don't know what to say about it to the man that provides a roof for us. It makes her extremely upset and in turn makes my life a living hell when she finds all of our lunch meat has been eaten in a matter of days.

I want to believe that I should let my father eat what he wants since he provides for us, but it is extremely frustrating. I could confront him, but I feel I would seem ungrateful for everything he has done for me and my future family. Or, I could just continue hiding my food and deal with what he does it until we are able to move out. I really don't know what to do.

Comments

• MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    I'd keep my mouth shut unless you want to start paying rent...
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    If you live in his house, use his utilities, pays for your gas, the paper you wipe your ass on and everything but some food that you buy with foodstamps (from the taxes he and others pay) then you have a choice.

STFU

or

Get your own place and find out how little your food really was in the gran scheme you ungrateful selfish little fuck.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    yeah, i think you really gotta deal hoss. sucks to say, but free rent and he offers to take you out to eat too? he just sounds like a busy man who doesn't want to go get groceries, especially when there are some in the fridge. if he starts stealing your booze or drugs, then say something.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2011
    i guess get a mini refrigerator or two , throw some food in there and keep it in your room and lock it . or you can ask for money and go grocery shopping. if he asks why just say because there's no more food .
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    i guess get a mini refrigerator or two , throw some food in there and keep it in your room and lock it . or you can ask for money and go grocery shopping. if he asks why just say because there's no more food .

:facepalm:

I hope he does that and then his Dad, rightfully so in doing this, asks for rent money.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited August 2011
    Having a rent free place to live for you and your preggo fiancé is a deal so quit bitching and just be grateful your unemployed ass isn't in a shelter.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    Your dad makes 90k and he already pays for everything you and your girl do, just ask him for more money to get more groceries.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited August 2011
    Judging that ever post said suck it the fuck up, I'd recommend sucking it the fuck up unless you want to be the most ungrateful person alive.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited August 2011
    If by lunch meat, you mean that mechanically recovered, made in a factory all one colour shit, the guy is doing you a favour.

Stop being a bitch.
    edited August 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If by lunch meat, you mean that mechanically recovered, made in a factory all one colour shit, the guy is doing you a favour.

Stop being a bitch.

Also this, if you didnt see it cut in the deli, dont eat that shit.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    Maxstats wrote: »
    I'd keep my mouth shut unless you want to start paying rent...

This.
    blindbat wrote: »
    i guess get a mini refrigerator or two , throw some food in there and keep it in your room and lock it.

This.

And why are you unemployed, OP? Are you disabled? Is there something that prevents you from working?
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited August 2011
    Tell your bitch to fuck off if she doesn't appreciate a free place to live.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    also don't worry OP i'm giving your girl extra meat on the side :o
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited August 2011
    he can eat your food because he knows he can
    edited August 2011
    Jesus OP you sound like a certain poster on another forum that beat the fuck out of his Mom because she drank a coffee he had stolen.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited August 2011
    FUCKING MOTHER FUCKER.

YOU LIVE IN HIS HOUSE, HE PAYS FOR YOUR SHIT AND YOU BITCH ABOUT HIM EATING YOUR FOOD? FUCK YOU FAGGOT

BITCH IF I HAD A DAD LIKE THAT I'D SUCK HIS DICK. FUCKING LOSERR
    edited August 2011
    ^Faggot totally.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited August 2011
    Nigga you receiving food stamps and your crying cause your fat father eats your cereal. Really?

get the fuck out of here
    edited August 2011
    Oh, and get a fucking job.
  • edited August 2011
    mafiabro wrote: »
    Also this, if you didnt see it cut in the deli, dont eat that shit.

Fuck dat shit bro; I must extract all available protein from the exhumed carcasses of swine regardless of disgustingness.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011