The Help [2011]

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities

Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, Skeeter (Stone) is a southern society girl who returns from college determined to become a writer, but turns her friends' lives -- and a Mississippi town -- upside down when she decides to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent southern families. Aibileen (Davis), Skeeter's best friend's housekeeper, is the first to open up -- to the dismay of her friends in the tight-knit black community. Despite Skeeter's life-long friendships hanging in the balance, she and Aibileen continue their collaboration and soon more women come forward to tell their stories -- and as it turns out, they have a lot to say. Along the way, unlikely friendships are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly -- and unwillingly -- caught up in the changing times..

IMDB

Just the trailer is magical, I mean wow, it's shows what I usually see in Pakistan even today. We have blacks here and they get called the lower class here and they get the same treatment. Hell, even they can't drink or eat from the same dishes. What's worse these people get no respect. This movie is indeed powerful, it just premieres today and I don't think they will show something like that in Pakistan. I wish they would but they're bunch of assholes.

It's a must see movie. I will add torrents when I get find.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    I actually saw this yesterday. It was a really good movie. I liked it a lot. It was sort of girly, but I still enjoyed it.