The time I met God thanks to Psilocybin

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
After talking to Dfg briefly on Skype about what he would be like on drugs, I remembered this tale.

I have tripped about 20 times in my entire life, and this experience was about halfway through my total venture. I ingested only 1.5 dry grams as this was a very prominent period of time for me, hence why I recall small details such as that.
I had also had Tramadol about an hour before. 100mg.

As per usual it began in my University room. I use Mushrooms to help me meditate and imagine myself in a perfect scenario to picture a plan for my essay. Once I even could see Constantinople with no pre-thought images, appear magiclaly before my eyes. This reason for no pre-thought images went to show that I had never imagined this scene in my life before. It was all new, and thus my brain, and eyes, were hallucinating visually, and it was great.

So, the time I met God. I ingested 1.5g of dry Psilocybin (Golden Teacher) mushrooms. They took about an hour to kick in, and I was getting a bit restless and bored during my trip plateau. I wanted to go to bed, but thought I should lay on the floor after I do my teeth and then can go straight to bed. So I did it. I put a pillow down and lay, flat, on my back, on my University floor.
I always say a small prayer to whatever true God there is before I trip as it can be a very soul-searching opportunity for me, and a natural one, too. They have really influenced me positively.
I suppose the negative drawbacks came from doing it in public when I wasn't ready, or suppressed bad memories like past relationships or worries.

So there I was, laying on my floor in complete darkness with Pink Floyd's "Echoes" playing in the background at a quiet level.
I began to see through my normal eyes at first. Looking at the Girl who is now my Girlfriend and talking as if everything were normal. I thought this was just a recollection, and then the strange visual and mental effects kicked in.

All of a sudden I began floating up, and my field of vision included me, so I was in the third person, and moreso the further up I went. Leaving my friends and love behind. I kept going, up into the sky and immediately finding myself more intrigued and frightened.
As I could see myself pass above the clouds and into the higher atmosphere, I then could see the Ozone layer, which I managed to mentally pull myself onto for stability. I was practically paralyzed at this point as well. I could not move, and it was getting to me. I knew it, but couldn't do anything about it.
As I held onto the Ozone layer, I concluded it was the border between sanity and insanity, and if I let go, I would never return. I felt like I'd be the next admission to the local Loony Bin, or on the TV with my Parents advocating the effects of drugs in a negative, psychological light. I could not, and would not let go.

But I did. Floating into Space, convinced this was it.
It was the fucking Tramadol... I recall saying.
At least I wasn't dead. I could still talk to myself. Little reality check there.
Obligatory at this stage.

Then quiet. Nothing but the silence. not even "Teardrop" by Massive Attack that was playing, wasn't.
Crazy.

A figure, a large sketchy outline of a human being sat crossed-legged and slightly larger than life. It was a shade of blue, and a lot bigger than me.

What do you want from me? I mentally asked.
No reply.
None that I could hear, anyway, but my head filled with words.
They all just flowed and..made sense.

Don't be scared they said in a booming voice.

Who are you? I thought.

The supreme one that all your kind know of, but rejected long ago the voice boomed back.
Are you how they imagine? I mentally replied.
I am neither male nor female, nor their true choice. Each of them has their own belief, neglecting one true harmony. It's a shame. the voice slowly made sense. These messages would take a while to come through. All I could see was the blue, huge sketched outline of a chubby-ish crossed-legged figure.

They were soon accompanied, and I say "they" as they were neither male nore female) by the conventional Gods. Even Allah was there, and it was surreal. I won't divulge details to offend Muslims, but I truly felt at peace, and welcoming of every faith, colour, creed and culture. These mental images made sense to me in the statement God told me. it was that thought process.

Just return. Go back and live knowing you have experienced this, and that you now know true happiness. and i attempted to mentally fly back, but it wasn't easy.
still paralysed I managed to use what little mental power I had left to "fly" back to Earth, squirm through the now lot-tighter Ozone layer and I managed to move as I touched down on Earth.

I then slept like I had never slept before, being now 4:30am Sunday morning.

I am forever touched by this experience and have told a few people, but never in this sort of detail. Take it as you wish, but I know the experience was real enough, and terrifyingly curious enough, to rememebr vividly to this day.
Thank you.

Comments

• GallowsGallows Regular
    edited August 2011
    Sounds like a great experience. I have a friend that wound up making a pact with satan during his shroom trip.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    I learned to project my spirit/essence/whatever into inanimate objects as a defensive measure while tripping about 30 years ago. One of these days I will write that night up ITT.