How many people will attend your funeral?

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
A somber thought I know, but how many people do you think will show up at your funeral if you died today?

Im my case Im guessing maybe 25-30!

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited August 2011
    Don't know, don't care. Depends on how many people I outlive, I guess.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    If I win, none.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    If I win, none.

Its not winning if everyone shuns your funeral. I'll show up to piss on your grave.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    A lot of people because everyone likes me.
  • edited August 2011
    Nearest and dearest only, and there are very few.
    edited August 2011
    :facepalm: He out lived all his friends and family, hence he won.

That's even sadder. If that's the case then no one is gonna claim his body so hes gonna be going in a pinewood box or cremated. Either case I'm gonna piss on his grave/ashes still.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited August 2011
    :facepalm: He out lived all his friends and family, hence he won.

But if that is so, you would be the last of your kind dying out. I have personally known a few old people who have died not even having a living cousin or decendent of a cousin - a family that has pretty much died out. Some times the only line in a family for a few generations. Sad to see something as such go. I also used to work trying to trace the next of kin for such people. Some times it would be that the life and death had a sad story about it. Very interesting work at some points.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    But if that is so, you would be the last of your kind dying out. I have personally known a few old people who have died not even having a living cousin or decendent of a cousin - a family that has pretty much died out. Some times the only line in a family for a few generations. Sad to see something as such go. I also used to work trying to trace the next of kin for such people. Some times it would be that the life and death had a sad story about it. Very interesting work at some points.

FFS it was tongue in cheek, try not to be so thick.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    Maybe like 5 or 6 tops :(
    edited August 2011
    FFS it was tongue in cheek, try not to be so thick.

Its sad when people take things too seriously. :facepalm:
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2011
    A lot of people would be there. I don't want to die but I accept that it has to happen one day. It is something I think about often.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    If I were to die now? Well all my family. No doubt about that. Mates probably would but only if they heard, so only if my parents managed to unlock my phone and tell them. I wouldn't really know otherwise. Not the sort to take a guess. I think about topping myself every other day and have already planned my funeral after being close to Death's door at the age of 19, so I'm resting easy.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited August 2011
    Honestly I can't imagine any less than 150 and that is a very low count, bare minimum. Probably about 300 people.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Probably only family and whoever else that decides to turn up. I couldn't care less to be honest.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited August 2011
    I'd say... 15-25.

Would've been more, but just broke up with my long term girlfriend:(
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Burn wrote: »
    I'd say... 15-25.

Would've been more, but just broke up with my long term girlfriend:(

My condolences mate :(
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    I'd hope 0, because I don't want a funeral. I just have a list of people to call/email with the news. I would want my ashes put into an hourglass though. That would be kind of cool.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited August 2011
    I can't count the number of people who would show up. i know my family would on both the maternal and paternal sides. All of my friends are spread about the country from moving so much and if any of them showed up id appreciate that but I dont expect them to.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited August 2011
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    Echidna wrote: »
    Honestly I can't imagine any less than 150 and that is a very low count, bare minimum. Probably about 300 people.
    ^this...I'm actually not surprised you guys don't have friends.

5 family members (I have a small family)
    ~75 people I work with at various companies.
    ~100 friends
    100-200 friends from high school
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    fag wrote: »
    I'd hope 0, because I don't want a funeral. I just have a list of people to call/email with the news. I would want my ashes put into an hourglass though. That would be kind of cool.

Haha, that would be so awesome :D

and http://www.inthelighturns.com/memorials/lifetime-hourglass-keepsake-urn.html
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited August 2011
    My condolences mate :(

That's alright. She was a cunt. And if she fucks me over in future, I have some very defaming pictures.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited August 2011
    Hopefully no one, but in reality probably 50-100. Am I the only one who doesn't want to die just because of all the attention your dead carcass will bring? I don't want people I hardly knew or never liked acting tore up about my passing just to hopefully get some pity pussy (seen it happen and it's sooooo fucking pathetic). When I die it'll be in a cave, where no one will find me and hopefully bears will eat my body.
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited August 2011
    For some odd reason I have always thought that nobody would be at my funeral. Not because I don't have friends and all that but because I have always somewhat thought the manner I would die would be in a way that nobody would even know about it.

Always kinda assumed I'd be murdered or overdose or something along those lines and just be left in the woods somewhere.

Edit: This isn't a troll either, I'm being serious. The thought has often crossed my mind. I would hope people would know I was dead and someone would show for a funeral.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited August 2011
    Only 1.

Taylor Swift. She'd probably write a song about me.