Dealing with the ebay/payal crooks

strapped felonstrapped felon Acolyte
edited August 2011 in Man Cave
Ebay and paypal are the crooks. Apparantly they are affiliated with a company called Shop Airline America that places bids on your item, has you ship it to their sorting facility in California and they ship it overseas to Japan and profit from the sale. Problem is there are a fuck ton of complaints about them demanding refunds for damaged packages ect.. basically screwing over the seller. Google flight2sin or shop airlines america.

I'm supposed to ship a high dollar item to them (received pyment) but worried I may get fucked over by them. If I do, I will lose the money for sure, ebay and paypal are siding with buyers in every case. Once I transfer money to my bank, could I close every account and hope they don't send collections? What are some ways to avoid paypal from stealing my money?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    I've had mixed experiences. My dad's GF runs a ebay business. She's gotten screwed a few times. It's just such utter bullshit that anyone can flag your posting.

I've never heard about the scam you were talking about but as a seller you literally have no rights what so ever.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited August 2011
    Paypal is just fucked.

Apparently they have the right to withhold as much money as they want from your paypal account for a period of time (I think it's 30 days), and to 'check' that it's been legally acquired or some shit. Fair enough, I suppose, until they have to do 'further analysis' and can withhold your money from you for an undisclosed amount of time. I know a few guys who run online businesses and have had this done to them. Apparently there's not a lot you can do when it happens.