10 Rules for Dealing with Police

juggjugg Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I watch these videos about once a week. They are pretty informative if you have never seen them

Comments

• MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited August 2011
    What about the famous "I smell marijuana." is that probable cause?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    1..10. Don't
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited August 2011
    What about the famous "I smell marijuana." is that probable cause?
    Motherfucking this.

If you're an ass and try to exert your rights as a citizen then shit's gonna end up well. If you have nothing to hide just obey the cop and have him legally rape your rights. Give the pig a hard time and he'll do the same to you.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Very informative, thanks man. This might save my ass if I ever visit the states.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Motherfucking this.

If you're an ass and try to exert your rights as a citizen then shit's gonna end up well. If you have nothing to hide just obey the cop and have him legally rape your rights. Give the pig a hard time and he'll do the same to you.

The reason why people hold their silence, etc. even though they "have nothing to hide" is because there's always some bullshit that you forgot or don't know is illegal that will get you into trouble. You can never make it legally *worse* for yourself by not allowing the police anything they don't already have.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited August 2011
    These videos are actually quite interesting. I've never been in trouble with law, or have never been wrongfully stopped, but if I am at least I know what to do now :D
  • edited August 2011
    These videos are actually quite interesting. I've never been in trouble with law, or have never been wrongfully stopped, but if I am at least I know what to do now :D

Shame that the cops over here are probably different to those in the states. In fact, I know they are. I haven't watched the videos yet, but I imagine that they're a lot different to what would happen over here and how to deal with it.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    ^^ This. If you want to know what your rights are in the UK and what powers the Police have, this website from the Citizens Advice Bureau will tell you everything you need to know. http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/your_rights/legal_system/police_powers.htm