How Much Do you Pay for rent

OsirisOsiris Acolyte
edited November 2011 in Life
And how nice of a place do you stay in? It seems like there are so many suckers that are willing to pay more than what the place is worth. 300 dollars a month with 2 other roommates is what I paid when I lived in the New England area, it ought to be alot cheaper out west. I should be paying 250 or less a month if I have roommates damnit!

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Seriously? The rent here in Southern California is fucking insane.

Luckily we have been renting this house for 11 years now and the owner has never raised the rent on us, we pay $750 for a 3bdrm 2 bath house. Normally around here though it would be closer to $1200-1500 for the same house.

Our portion of the rent is only $300 though.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    750 divided by 3 equals 250, and that is Southern California, this is Midwest fucking nowhere.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited August 2011
    I've had friends be able to split rent from 150-300/mo, depending on how nice the place is.
    Personally, I put up $200/mo, but I also live at home with my parents at the moment.
    That's going to end shortly, and it'll jump up to ~$600/mo.
    To be fair, that's for a 3br 2000sqft house that i'll be paying on myself.
    Higher pay and forclosed properties for the win, bitches.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2011
    I don't pay anything for rent. I live in a van. I have a bed and a wife and a radio and an air conditioner. I use my Android or laptop for al media purposes as well as a Nintendo DSI XL. It is cheap living and I make good money. In a few years I could have enough to pay cash outright for a get nice house. I don't think i will be paying rent ever again in my life if all goes well.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited August 2011
    $600 for a shitty studio in a trash neighborhood. That includes electricity.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited August 2011
    1150 a month for a newer 4 bedroom house. Its not huge but is ok.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited August 2011
    500 including everything. I got a roomate. My apartment is like 6 blocks from the ocean. Not bad. I gotta move in the beginning of oct. My new apt is 689 including water. 1br and is a block closer to the water.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    Homeowner.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    What the hell? Why do you Americans pay so little for rent? It must be a scale issue.

Over here it's $250-$350 for a tiny shithole studio apartment PER WEEK.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    That is monthly also, only shady hotels rent by the week.
    edited August 2011
    It's a density thing, from my understanding.
    Cramming more people in smaller areas means landlords can increase rent values with less resistance.
    The county I live in is a total of 340 square miles (~540sqkm) with a half million people total.
    Granted, there are some dense areas of the city I live in, but compare that to your own population density.
    With the exception of the US's major urban centers, and generally only in downtown hubs, people just aren't as packed in as other countries.

Feel free to correct me on that, as it's just basic info i've skimmed over the past few years.
  • larrixinatorlarrixinator Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    about $135 USD soon to be split with another person
    edited August 2011
    about $135 USD soon to be split with another person

What the fuck? How can you all be paying so little for rent? Before we bought a house, we rented a nice 1 bedroom apartment in a nice, low crime neighborhood for $750 a month, that included water & trash. You all would shit yourselves if you knew how much my mortgage is.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited August 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    That is monthly also, only shady hotels rent by the week.

Yeah, how do you pay rent by the week? Thats why its expensive. Because, they don't know i your gonna spend your money on crack on any given week
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited August 2011
    I have roomates, but we pay 1700$ for a three bedroom.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited August 2011
    I have not rented for years, last time it was £400 a month for a room in a 3 bed house, sharing with one other. Before that, £450 a month for a studio appartment in a gated community - had on site gym and sauna. Before that, houseshare in a 4 bed house - £180 a month rent, but most of the time I lived in the place on my own so was effectivly £180 a month for a 4 bed house as opposed to 4x £180.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2011
    650. I live on a golf course
    edited August 2011
    650. I live on a golf course

That's pretty cheap for golf course housing.
    Begs the question.
    Small town, or shitty course?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    $0.00 I own my house free and clear, unless you want to count my yearly property tax then it is about $129.00 per month
  • larrixinatorlarrixinator Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    I pay 135 because i live in a place you would think was a horse corral.i like it

===================
    stayin crazy
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited September 2011
    350pcm 1bed semi
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited September 2011
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited September 2011
    mortgage however i pay a butload :)
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited September 2011
    I pay $160 a month with water and trash included for a nice 1 bedroom in the Bay Area. Electricity and gas are only about $20 a month.

Hooray for subsidized living. You work hard so I don't have to.
    edited September 2011
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    I pay $160 a month with water and trash included for a nice 1 bedroom in the Bay Area. Electricity and gas are only about $20 a month.

Like I said in the other thread, "Just kill yourself and save everyone else some money".
    edited September 2011

Yeah, wait until the money runs out and people like you have two options - the streets or the workhouse.
    edited September 2011

Kill yourself & stop wasting our tax dollars. It's fucking pathetic you live off SSI. Benefit leech. I'm a fucking homeowner, something your pathetic ass will never be. Suck it aspie.
    edited September 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Yeah, wait until the money runs out and people like you have two options - the streets or the workhouse.

You think I can't adapt? If there isn't enough money for even SSI there's going to be chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    Kill yourself & stop wasting our tax dollars. It's fucking pathetic you live off SSI. Benefit leech. I'm a fucking homeowner, something your pathetic ass will never be. Suck it aspie.

You are not a homeowner, your husband is. Why don't you stop leeching off of him? You haven't even had a job in years.
    edited September 2011
    You think I can't adapt? If there isn't enough money for even SSI there's going to be chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.

You are not a homeowner, your husband is. Why don't you stop leeching off of him? You haven't even had a job in years.

You are not in possession of a sense of reality. If she is married they both own the house. That is who it works in the real world, you know, the one outside of your little hermit fantasy world.
    edited September 2011
    You are not a homeowner, your husband is.

Because you've seen the title to my house? :facepalm: Dumbass. It has both of our names on it. I own a house. Fuck off, cat molester.
    edited September 2011

Thing is about ownership, it instills the true value of worth. Its a value that communities are built on. The chaos will have a first line impact upon those in reciept of benefits. Sure, you will act like a pack of wild dogs, maybe for a few weeks, maybe for a few months, but wild dogs always get the bullet.

If you think you are some kind of mad max, keep on thinking.
    edited September 2011

You can't adapt. You would be living on the streets again if it weren't for your SSI.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited September 2011
    That's pretty cheap for golf course housing.
    Begs the question.
    Small town, or shitty course?

neither. large town and a good course. my good friends parents own the house and i got a deal :o
    edited September 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    You can't adapt. You would be living on the streets again if it weren't for your SSI.

You'd be bumming off friends and seducing guys for a place to stay if it weren't for your husband.

Oh, I guess that if he died you'd be set for a while and if you got divorced I'm sure you'd try to take as much as you could from him because you have no honor.
    edited September 2011
    You'd be bumming off friends and seducing guys for a place to stay if it weren't for your husband.

Oh, I guess that if he died you'd be set for a while and if you got divorced I'm sure you'd try to take as much as you could from him because you have no honor.

Lol. Nice imagination you have there.
    edited September 2011

You mean like you'll be doing when your welfare runs dry?
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited September 2011

Who is this faggot?

Oh, and back on point:

I pay 400 for livin' with my Momma.
    edited September 2011
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    Who is this faggot?

He molests cats, I shit you not.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
    i pay $900 AUD a month for a 4 bedroom house ... i have one flatmate at the moment and he also pays 900 ... but when i was living in sydney i was paying $880 for one shitty little room underneath a terrace .. it was right in the city though
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited November 2011
    200 pounds per calender month
    and the first and last time i ever type this sentence ...
    mines a large semi
  • fagfag Regular
    edited November 2011
    $225 USD/mo. Small commercial building. Steal my power/wifi.