Drug Dogs

kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
I was in college today having an induction day and aside from a load of stuff about political correctness etc. our tutor mentioned that they the college have the police drop by randomly with sniffer dogs to search for drugs etc. on college ground etc. Fair enough but the guy then mentioned that they could smell if you have been around them the night before etc. What I am basically asking is this : How good is there sense of smell and detection? Because I need to know whether I can blaze the day before college or even several? They did say that if the dog picks up even a trace your out and now I really am starting to skitz out about it.

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited September 2011
    that is a scare tactic, i dont see how the dog would know unless you wore the same clothes or something. just smoke bro, and dont have it on you.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2011
    Trust me I don't plan on taking any to college etc or even smoking there! The course I am doing involves loads of maths and lathes etc. I have more sense than it it's just I wouldn't be surprised by it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    We were told this at my Uni but unless you go to the event nights they hold, you never see them around. I'm assuming you are still in the UK, kfc? I mean, my Uni room and hallway ponged of weed and nobody bar 2 housemates caught on.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2011
    Yeah still here mate. I do believe they bring them in during the day and that it is completely random. I am actually rather worried by this as irrational as it sounds. Also they are one of the top college's in the country and this year they want to be number 1. So it would not surprise me if they were really tough on it. I'm just curious how much truth there is in it and how long I should leave it.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited September 2011
    A drug dog once smelled weed in my car even though it had been a month or two since there was any in there. So keep that in mind if you drive to your college. A cop once also told me the glove box was the worst place to keep it because the weed smell would make it out of the car easier from there or some shit. :o

I remember in high school the drug dogs would ALWAYS catch some dumb asses who brought weed to school. :facepalm:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Do not worry about it at all. As long as you have no weed on you, they have no grounds at all for throwing you out of college. You could reek of the stuff and as long as you have none on you and are not showing the signs of being stoned, they can do fuck all. Just do not go into a workshop high. If they have anything at all to say about this, tell them that as you are paying fees (if you are) then you are a customer and their are no laws in the UK that can justify such actions. If they still do not like this, ask them if they are a statutory body who has the right to make bylaws and when they say 'No' laugh at them and walk away.