Got pulled over at walmart today

HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
I set off the alarm as i was leaving with a bag of some food. This asian greeter lady said i set off the alarm and asked for the receipt and the bag. She checked the bag and put it through the censor - no alarm. So she said I could go. What a dumb bitch cause I had a pair of sunglasses in my pocket. The perfect crime?

For those of you wanting to steal sunglasses just remove the tag that's on the temple. I thought about it but I didn't think it would actually sound the alarm lol.

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited August 2011
    Do most places in American have the detectors before the toilets now? We have them over here, which made shoplifting harder, because you used to be able to go to the toilets, go into a stall with the thing you want to steal and make it basically steal proof by hiding it, detagging it etc.

Now the detectors make that harder :(
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited August 2011
    The lady at the Walmart can only check your bag. She wont search you because if she does and you didn't steal you can sue the store. The store loss prevention officers have certain protocols they need to follow before making a "stop". Even if you steal and they know you did but don't have enough proof they will not stop you.

also there are no cameras in dressing rooms or bathrooms. Its illegal or at least it was when i worked lp a while ago. Next time you are in a large store with a dressing room look around the mirrors or behind signs on the doors, and you will find tags. Those are from shop lifters.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    Why the fuck would you steal sunglasses from Walmart, of all places? :facepalm: Hit Sunglasses Hut.
  • edited September 2011
    Risk vs Reward.

Cost/Benefit analysis.

You need to learn about these things. You would make more money stealing the parking bollards as scrap metal.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    Risk vs Reward.

Cost/Benefit analysis.

You need to learn about these things. You would make more money stealing the parking bollards as scrap metal.

Fucking this.

Don't know much about Walmart, but do they even stock good quality glasses?
  • savages_vipersavages_viper Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    the trick with the sunglasses is to put them on try them on then clip them on your shirt or wear them like up on your forehead like they are yours and you came in with them if anyone bothers you or asks (they wont ) on the way out just say you were trying them on and got distracted and forgot to put them back
  • edited September 2011
    the trick with the sunglasses is to put them on try them on then clip them on your shirt or wear them like up on your forehead like they are yours and you came in with them if anyone bothers you or asks (they wont ) on the way out just say you were trying them on and got distracted and forgot to put them back

AGAIN THEY ARE SHITHOUSE FUCKING GLASSES AND HOW MANY PAIRS DO YOU NEED?

YOU AINT GOING TO MAKE BANK RESELLING THEM OUT OF BAG ON THE STREET AND THEY ARENT GOING TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE SOME KIND OF BALLER.

HERES A WAY TO GET SOME FREE CASH: OPEN A TRADING ACCOUNT ON THE STOCK MARKET AND STANDARD MARKET RULES ARE THAT TRADES ARE SETTLED AFTER 3 DAYS. MAKE SOME $10K TRADES ALONG WITH THE TRENDS, MAKING ABOUT 1% ($100 - $20/$40 BROKERAGE) MAKES YOU $60 AND IT WAS ESSENTIALLY RISK FREE.

YOU CAN EVEN PUT $100 IN THE ACCOUNT SO THAT IF YOU GET IT WRONG AND LOSE $50 YOU WONT GET IN ANY TROUBLE.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    ^If it was that foolproof everyone would do it. In fact you wouldn't be here making a complete ass out of yourself by pretending to be someone online that we all know you are not. You would be adding 3 zeros to your hair rained formula and making $60,000 per day.

So please take your rants to B&M.
    edited September 2011

This is silly, imo. If you were trying on sunglasses, why would you do either?
  • edited September 2011
    ^If it was that foolproof everyone would do it. In fact you wouldn't be here making a complete ass out of yourself by pretending to be someone online that we all know you are not. You would be adding 3 zeros to your hair rained formula and making $60,000 per day.

So please take your rants to B&M.

Its not foolproof, i point out that there can be risk (and these days more than ever).

In fact the fools should keep the fuck away from it and stick to stealing sunglasses worth $6.99 on sale; and im not pretending to be anyone - and the threshhold for allowing you to trade without a cash or security deposit somewhere tends to be around the 10k. And it keeps it safe enough that IF you get stung by a sharp move down you wont incurr a massive debt.

Its sophisicated gambling.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited September 2011
    Why are all of you spiting the "Risk/Reward" shit? He just stole a small pair of sunglasses, He's not robbing banks or anything. Even if he was caught stealing a shitty think like that, I'm sure he would get away with a slap on the wrists unless security is douchey.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited September 2011
    My thoughts exactly I wasn't stealing for profit or anything, just grabbed some shades. Only thing that sucks is I don't want to go back for awhile, but I need new shoes and I always trade mine in there.
    edited September 2011
    My thoughts exactly I wasn't stealing for profit or anything, just grabbed some shades. Only thing that sucks is I don't want to go back for awhile, but I need new shoes and I always trade mine in there.

No No No. Don't steal sunglasses & switch shoes at Walmart. Seriously, it's Walmart. :facepalm: Get sunnies at Sunglasses Hut & do a shoe switch at any store that keep boxes of shoes out on the floor. Famous Footwear, Shoe Department, etc.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited September 2011
    I prefer lower quality shit
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited September 2011
    Why the facepalm? I do it too. I swap out slippers there, they have those nice memory foam ones. I've noticed that there are more cameras in the actual shoe places like Famous Footwear and Payless Shoes, in my area at least.
    edited September 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Why the facepalm? I do it too. I swap out slippers there, they have those nice memory foam ones. I've noticed that there are more cameras in the actual shoe places like Famous Footwear and Payless Shoes, in my area at least.

Famous Footwear in my area has zero cameras. Very easy to lift from if you are into that sort of thing.
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited September 2011
    stealing stuff is lame go get a job and buy it like everyone else
    edited September 2011
    mandingo wrote: »
    stealing stuff is lame go get a job and buy it like everyone else

Fuck off moralfag, this is BI. Leave your morals at the door.
  • edited September 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Why are all of you spiting the "Risk/Reward" shit? He just stole a small pair of sunglasses, He's not robbing banks or anything. Even if he was caught stealing a shitty think like that, I'm sure he would get away with a slap on the wrists unless security is douchey.

And security do tend to be douchey.

If you get whistled and manage to get away and never caught then congratulations.

If you do end up catching a court appointment then your still going to get away with it more or less - but the future implications will cost you.

[edit] - Security tends to be extra douchey in recessions & if your choice is between working at wal-mart or stealing sunglasses from them i'd go the latter over the former every time.