Kratom as opiate alternative...

cartmanbluecartmanblue New Arrival
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
A good friend of mine swears by the stuff, powdered kratom leaf. I'm not sure whether it was Bali or Thai, but something tells me it was the latter. He's a recreational opiate enthusiast (like myself) and said it gave him the nods, itching, flushed face, etc. I find this hard to believe, but w/e.

I've heard that it works for some people and they really like it but for others it seems to do jack shit. In a sense, it's similar to the whole Tramadol anomaly; for some it works great and for others it sucks.

Anyone here have personal experience with it? Or any particular knowledge I should be aware about in regards to kratom? I want to try it, but I want to hear some opinions.

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    I've never tried it, but my friend seems to like it. If you decide to buy any, please check the link in my sig.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    I've tried kratom before, drank it as a tea. They have more "loose leaf" tea, and concentrated powder. A very mild intoxication, I didn't like it all that much as it made me uncomfortable. I probably won't try it again.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    hmm. i may buy some salvia from them. are they "cool"?

they dont sell salvia directly anymore after the raid. They link you to another site. I can't vouch for it
  • samsonsmithsamsonsmith New Arrival
    edited August 2011
    A good friend of mine swears by the stuff, powdered kratom leaf. I'm not sure whether it was Bali or Thai, but something tells me it was the latter. He's a recreational opiate enthusiast (like myself) and said it gave him the nods, itching, flushed face, etc. I find this hard to believe, but w/e.

I've heard that it works for some people and they really like it but for others it seems to do jack shit. In a sense, it's similar to the whole Tramadol anomaly; for some it works great and for others it sucks.

Anyone here have personal experience with it? Or any particular knowledge I should be aware about in regards to kratom? I want to try it, but I want to hear some opinions.

kratom is a medicinal leaf that is related to the Rubiaceae family. There are several useful results of Kratom. Kratom is good treatment for depression as well as anxiety. When withdrawing from opiates, then some may turn to methadone treatments. You can also use Kratom leaves to prepare Kratom tea that helps you to pain relief.
  • victoriavictoria Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    Kratom is the dried and crushed (or powdered) leaves from the species Mitragyna speciosa, a tree which is native to Southeast Asia. I hate the taste of kratom tea. While I've never been able to totally mask the bitter flaver and aftertaste of kratom tea, I've discovered that a half-teaspoon of a commercial flavoring extract per 16 ounces of tea will really help. My favorites are raspberry & peach, but spearmint & peppermint also work quite well. I also add 2 teaspoons of sugar, Splenda or Stevia. I drink my tea cold (iced tea).
  • xbcnfujvxbcnfujv Regular
    edited September 2011
    i love kratom!

my friend's a recovering piece of shit drug addict and uses kratom to help him on his journey to recovering the inner-peace he once had before he ruined himself.

he shares it with me (it's concentrated... i don't know too much about it, though) and it makes me feel goooooooooooood.... sleeping is the best when you're drunk on that stuff.
  • tlmanntlmann Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    If your 'friend' is a recovering piece of shit drug addict - then why are you following his journey and doing any drug with him, and even stating that you love kratom??? It is true, believe me, that one experience that makes you feel goooooooooooood will entice you to another. Be very careful, my friend, of where u tread and of throwing stones in glass houses! Just saying...
  • samsonsmithsamsonsmith New Arrival
    edited September 2011
    xbcnfujv wrote: »
    i love kratom!

my friend's a recovering piece of shit drug addict and uses kratom to help him on his journey to recovering the inner-peace he once had before he ruined himself.

he shares it with me (it's concentrated... i don't know too much about it, though) and it makes me feel goooooooooooood.... sleeping is the best when you're drunk on that stuff.

Kratom is an evergreen tree containing certain alkaloids that have enjoyable physical effects. Kratom has many wonderful results. It is an efficient treatment for depression and anxiety. Kratom extract is very useful to relief pain and gives relax.