Pure Codeine in the UK

edited September 2011 in Man Cave
Is it possible to get pills of nothing but straight codeine in the UK? I've seen Codeine mixed with Acetaminophen in both Co-Codamol and Nurofen, but is it actually possible to get just codeine without the APAP?

Apologies if this is a dumb question - I'm a noob when it comes to meds.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    My Sister had, and still has pure 30mg tabs of codeine. It's only prescription though.

Edit:-

Codeine.jpg
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited September 2011
    What pills do you Brits get which contain codeine and how much is in each pill?
    edited September 2011
    OTC is usually something like Paramol (or one of the many other brand names) with 8mg max of Codeine and 300-500mg Paracetamol.
    Prescription can range from 30-60mg.
  • edited September 2011
    Wow, only 8mg per pill? That sucks! I went into the hospital not so long ago with some pretty bad pain, and was given Co-codamol at 30mg per pill. I took 2 pills before the pain went away naturally and I was left with the rest of the pack to play with. I think I've got about... 10 left?

I had no idea they were so precious, hahaha.
  • edited September 2011
    I have tried CWE with 8mg codeine, almost not worth it, too much caffeine, and other crap. 30mg is definitely enough to play with, 3-4 refined with some cold water, and a couple of benzo's and you will be nodding like a hobo on holiday, I would half that dose if you want to make sure you live.
  • edited September 2011

If you can, eat some piperine (sold as bioperine) with it - induces the cytochrome pathway that breaks it down into morphine(\ones), making it that much more effective.

Thanks for that one, I had always wondered if there was a way to increase the bioavailability of codeine
    edited September 2011
    I wish more people knew about bioavailability. The idiots that stick stuff up their nose annoy me as there are so many better ways of ingesting things to get more bang for your buck. So cheers for that. Also isn't BZP (a member of the Piperine family) used for worming purposes?
    As for doing a CWE, C/O, were you saying you extracted on 8mg codeine? I remember the days I'd take 150mg Codeine and 2500mg APAP back at College on a daily basis. Blood tests years later still show I have a healthy liver.
    edited September 2011
    That white paper idea sounds pretty good. I'm on Opiates for the rest of my life so I'd certainly appreciate it. As for the BZP, maybe I just didn't hear the name of it properly :p
  • edited September 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I wish more people knew about bioavailability. The idiots that stick stuff up their nose annoy me as there are so many better ways of ingesting things to get more bang for your buck. So cheers for that. Also isn't BZP (a member of the Piperine family) used for worming purposes?
    As for doing a CWE, C/O, were you saying you extracted on 8mg codeine? I remember the days I'd take 150mg Codeine and 2500mg APAP back at College on a daily basis. Blood tests years later still show I have a healthy liver.

I did several CWE extractions on OTC codeine, 8mg codeine, 30mg caffeine, 100mg APAP. This is the only form of OTC codeine available in Canada, and it has a ton of stuff in it with the same solubility as the codeine. I got it down to a pretty fine art, but the end product still made your heart beat mad bats, so much caffeine that the codeine was barely detectable. I have had the misfortune to have been sold TFMPP and BZP, nice initial euphoria, but very short lived, and the BZP drags on, and on, and on, till you feel totally straight, tired as hell, and utterly unable to sleep.

And as for you, Auschwitz Nazi Disneyland, you are doing gods work here, may the spirits of the temple guide you. I have a couple of 32mg codeine lying around and a cap of TFMPP/BZP, do you think it is worth the 10 hours of insomnia to see if the piperazines have any effect on the codeine high?

C/O
    "mmmm, opiates, I feel like doing something bad"