Eliminating Caffeine From my Diet

edited September 2011 in Life
The truth is, I drink way too many cans of Relentless Inferno. I love the stuff, but at the end of my sugary, caffeine buzz I just end up feeling like shit. The other day I drunk a can of it and had the worst stomach cramps ever - I had to go and take a monster shit just to get rid of the bad feelings. I also had some weird paranoia and jittery feelings, which I've never experienced while on Caffeine before. It wasn't pleasant though, to say the least. Anyway, I figured that I might as well try cutting caffeine from my diet altogether as it can't be doing me any good.

This means no more Relentless, no more coffee, or even Coke :thumbsup: I'm going to stick to drinking water, and see how much better I feel after a few weeks or so.

Has anyone else tried anything similar?

Comments

• JackJack Regular
    edited September 2011
    I drink mostly water and every once in a while (weeks to months apart) I'll end up popping a few hundred mg of caffeine because I need to stay up for something and don't have any amps. It definitely has a more pronounced effect, and I feel better overall, especially better than when I used to drink a ton of Barq's.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm thinking that having a more stable amount of energy is probably a lot better for me overall, as opposed to drinking that highly sugary/caffeine-y drink fairly often. With the drink, I peak with a shit load of energy and then I crash afterwards, feeling groggy and generally shit. Hopefully this will make me feel a lot better.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited September 2011
    Yeah man, it's pretty awesome when you can have a salad and a glass of water and feel just as energized as if you'd had a coffee, and then not crash later.
  • edited September 2011
    Another thing I need to do is actually get some excersize in at some point. I finished school a few months ago and I've literally been sitting at home on Totse ever since :D While this isn't a bad thing, it's not very good for my general health and I suppose I should do something about that as well :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Lol I'm allergic to caffeine so I have slowly learnt to avoid it. My boost of choice is Lucozade and I tend to nap a lot as well.
  • edited September 2011
    Even Lucozade is going to be eliminated, as that contains a lot of sugar which is also a cause of me peaking and crashing. I'm going to go all plain and simple :) Water has never failed me.
  • edited September 2011
    Cutting things out leads to yoyo'ing.

Get thinking.

Get lifting.

Get healthy.

Get success.
  • edited September 2011
    ^ Sounds like a good plan. I need to bust out a bit more excersize than I currently do.