Totse 9/11 Party Thread - 2011

edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
m8cimv.jpg

We had one of these last year, so let's do it once again this year! The Annual Totse 9/11 party thread :D Join us to celebrate, mourn, discuss, and inform others of your views on the 9/11 incident of September 11th, ten years ago. Maybe we can get some conspiracy discussion going on as well, as that's always good fun. Anyway, lets make some more pictures and post them on the internet so we can get some additional people to join in :)

Comments

• JackJack Regular
    edited September 2011
    Sounds like a blast. I bet you guys will bring down the house. I can't wait to see this thread blow up.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Holy shit, we need to plan this!

We're going to do a 911 Special Article series, with some videos and a theme!

Suggestions ideas etc. I need a 911 Special Logo!
  • edited September 2011
    Totse logo should be converted into a skyscraper-style logo (y'know, at the side of the page with the letters stacked up). There should be a plane crashing into it :)
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    Lets party 'til we drop!
  • JackJack Regular
    edited September 2011
    The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!
  • larrixinatorlarrixinator Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    I can supply the moonshine,molotovs,music and weed!!
  • edited September 2011
    It would be fucking brilliant if Bornkiller can make us some more photoshops for the occasion :) I'd like to see some pictures with our URL on it, as well as a new logo for the day.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    We should make the "t"s towers.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Dibs on the obligatory Jenga Master of Ceremonies.

Let's get this thread going!

Edit: Anyone know the &T font? Also the recordings and transcripts of the Air Traffic Controllers. The last one is lulzy.
    http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16065685
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited September 2011
    I'm all for this I want to debunk 911.
    They would have us all believe those towers were built like Jenga towers.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited September 2011
    If you make any letters towers, I respectfully request one of them to be the new One World Trade Center. Admin out.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2011
    ^ a bright shining example to the direction in which the world in going, if it isn't obvious already.

Last year I posted in that thread and I printed out the fliers we made all over town the night before 9/11. I then spent 9/11 here and at the bar down the street. After I lost count of how many shots I had taken work called and told me I was supposed to be there. I ordered a couple more shots and went to work. I kept blacking out and the manager had to do my job for me all night although business was slow. I didn't get fired because I had excellent job security.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited September 2011
    Here's some music for the festivities:

I'm sure someone will be a little more creative with it than I am right now.

Edit: Also, since I just noticed this, fuck you, Dfg.
    I'm not JUST a terrorist. I'm a DOMESTIC Terrorist.
    Get it right.
    edited September 2011
    Hellish wrote: »
    If you make any letters towers, I respectfully request one of them to be the new One World Trade Center. Admin out.

05:20hrs and tired as fuck, but this was my effort. Anyone can do as they wish with the concept.
    o6030UN8YKfVLCkKeH1YFSLitNJHLVGSf6D4.gif

Edit - transparent .gif my arse!
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited September 2011
    You dirty Paki bastard!
    My beer came out my nose!
    Also, that was on a Tuesday 10 years ago.
    Tell that stupid bitch to write a song about Tuesday.
    Maybe I'll puke and sober up.
    edited September 2011
    Dfg wrote: »

Thankfully I still have the .PSD file, but here's the .PNG version

6BokmylmauCnQKRaGUFMi1Zh5BTAftKn56ZO.png
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    This is really distasteful.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    This is really distasteful.

I find it funny that the government blew up their own buildings to invade other countries.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Damn, that .png photo is good!
    edited September 2011
    *looks at the logo*
    Can I get a fuck yeah?

Turns out this week I've learn entrepreneurial, editing and graphics skills.
    Why the fuck do I go to University?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    *looks at the logo*
    Can I get a fuck yeah?

Turns out this week I've learn entrepreneurial, editing and graphics skills.
    Why the fuck do I go to University?

:) Hopefully next week you will be earning as well. I am currently working on a project and I feel like shit. And I need some sleep. Time to drink my own piss then. slurp slurp
    edited September 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    :) Hopefully next week you will be earning as well. I am currently working on a project and I feel like shit. And I need some sleep. Time to drink my own piss then. slurp slurp

Mate I fucking love you. *insert obligatory circle-jerk &T staff member comment here*

Also don't drink piss. Make sure it's diluted first. Tastes much better. Might be having some mates over for a bit of TeamSpeak action later. Just the people you'll like :o
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I think that this calls from some appropriate themed jokes :p

Q: What's the biggest difference between 9/11 and the Oklahoma City Bombing?
    A: Foreigners once again prove they can do it better and more efficiently.

Q: How long does it take to reach the ground from 107 stories up?
    A: The rest of your life!

“It’s a bird!”
    “It’s a plane!”
    “It’s…. Oh shit, it IS a plane!”
  • edited September 2011
    911TwinTowers.jpg

I still can't believe that Dfg could do something so destructive... Your mother must be proud.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited September 2011
    New Totse banner = MFing WIN.

9/11 falls one day before my birthday, which means I get to celebrate 2 days in a row with my good friends ETN, EGDN, ANNMAl, and HMTD. Hell yeah.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Banner is fucking win :D

Also

Dakt.jpg
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2011
    Thankfully I still have the .PSD file, but here's the .PNG version

6BokmylmauCnQKRaGUFMi1Zh5BTAftKn56ZO.png

LOL that's awesome. Now all someone needs to do is make the "O" the Pentagon burning.
    edited September 2011
    Cheers for the positive feedback guys :hai: if ever I get into graphic design, you'll be my referrals.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2011
    Cheers for the positive feedback guys :hai: if ever I get into graphic design, you'll be my referrals.
    That logo is MF'n awesome. :thumbsup:
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited September 2011
    I really like the new logo, and in some ways I like it more than the original one! Looks a lot more modern, nice and slick :D Great job. I've been posting our party image all over the internetz, including various chan boards.
    edited September 2011
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    9yqGU.png
    I actually lol'd.
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited September 2011
    I haven't been here in ages but I'm glad that I randomly decided to check up today because seeing that banner seriously made me lol.
    edited September 2011
    Psynthetic wrote: »
    I haven't been here in ages but I'm glad that I randomly decided to check up today because seeing that banner seriously made me lol.
    Welcome home. :)
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited September 2011
    It's now officially 9/11 where I live. This is better than Christmas.
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited September 2011
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Unseen cockpit footage.

Footage
    edited September 2011
    Who's posting those images around the internet?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    ^ I was waiting for that one to get posted :D It's 9/11 here now, too. At midnight last night, me and ThirdRock took a walk and smoked a celebratory cigarette underneath the moonlight. We proposed a toast to those who lived and died during 9/11, and we said some shit about Totse as well.
    edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    ^ Did someone actually make an Angry Birds 9/11 game or is that just some photoshopping? A real game would be awesome :D
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    I don't think its funny its sad george bush is funny also we did good things in afghanistan god bless amerca

But the pic of al the smke with the news caption weed legalized in new york is funny

I jus hope all u fuckin idiots realize how tragic this shit was and rrly don't think its a meaninglesss joke
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Did someone actually make an Angry Birds 9/11 game or is that just some photoshopping? A real game would be awesome :D

Lol I wish, that'd be hilarious.
    And abrn, try hitting your head against your keyboard. You may make more sense.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited September 2011
    abrn wrote: »
    I don't think its funny its sad george bush is funny also we did good things in afghanistan god bless amerca
    haha Good one. Love that sarcasm. :hai:

abrn wrote: »
    I jus hope all u fuckin idiots realize how tragic this shit was and rrly don't think its a meaninglesss joke
    Obviously. The fact remains...the truth is out there.

EDit: I feel a bit gangsta for being in the terrowrist club.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2011
    Happy 9/11 guys! Feels like it was just yesterday, I was in 7th grade computer class when my teacher stood up and announced to the class that America was under attack and New York "had just been bombed." :facepalm: I remember looking at my friend sitting beside me and saying, "Oh" continuing to play Disorderly Conduct on newgrounds. Anybody remember that game?

Anyways, I'll be celebrating real big by smoking drugs like I do everyday. :hai:

OH MAN THANK GOD IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    I feel bad for the people who died but I honestly don't think it's right for me to mourn or be sad because I wasn't affected in any way by it. I was rewatching an episode of Rescue Me yesterday and Lou was talking to a 911 support group and he realized no one had actually seen the towers go down or were personally affected by it. I think that people who had close friends and relatives dead should be allowed to mourn but it's not fair that all of these people are crying over something that had no impact on their life. The day i got home from 4th grade to find out the twin towers had gone down, i had no idea what they were and i just went into my room to play N64. Some people are just too oversensitive and need to realize that it was a tragedy but they have no reason to be depressed or sad if no one in their lives were killed on 911.

Exactly. Around 146,000 people die every day. The whole world does not stop to mourn them or fill the programming schedules with junk I dont want to watch. People are that fucked up they feel the need to have some kind of common grief, and often try to out do each other with grief. It is an artificial thing. Unless it was a family member or friend, why bother to care.

If you shed a tear each time a person died, you would have not time for anything else in your life.

You are born, you live and then you die. It just so happens a few thousand people died in the same even. Many, many more people died in the recent earthquake in Japan. At least a hundred times more people died in that tsunami a while back. Did not know any of them. Not my place to grieve.
    edited September 2011
    What makes me annoyed is that we don't stop and have a rememberance day for things like... People getting nuked in the war, or any other disasters like that. Why must we make a big thing about 9/11 and not everything else which has happened in our world?
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited September 2011
    Is it just me or does is seem like America only celebrates tragedies?